What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NLP / Play Expo 2014 pics

I really really wish it had been a generic zombie pinball machine. It wouldn't have been no 3 though. It woulda been the first.

The dance dance thing was lotsa fun

They should have gone one way or the other - This way is a kind of halfway house that'll please neither fans of the series or people who don't like it and would prefer said generic zombie game. It did play quite well for early code though.

Let me clarify on the dance pinball... Its a great (if slightly bonkers) idea and looked like really good fun, but after 3 full days on my feet my legs and back were knackered - I dread to think what I'd be like if I'd had a few games of that in the middle somewhere :)

What a great event. Played WOZ and TWD for the first time. Loved TWD. Even had a chat with the man Stern himself, very nice guy. Thanks to all the organizers an excellent job and really appreciated. I also played 'The Matrix' (Johny Mnemonic base machine) which is owned by a dutch guy (Gerrad I think and I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about anyway) which was great. I didn't appreciate how unique this machine was. Already looking forward to the next event. Cheers.

Superb weekend - hats off to NLP crowd ... @replicas , @TYHO and the rest of em ..... and all who helped out.

The Slam crew had a ball, well worth the epic drive up and back - even if the collective hangover on Saturday morning almost derailed the SCSC Shoot To Thrill tourney :rofl:We rallied though and it was great fun, congrats to Jim Lindsay on winning. Great having the lock in on Sat eve for a chance to play the pins minus the crowds.

Pin highlights .....the assorted Gotts that I hadnt spent time on before, Arena, Robowar, TX. Majorettes - has to be the toughest EM I have ever played, I liked it a lot. Star Trek (Stern) is great. Whirlwind and Pinbot were nice to play again.

Pin lows .......Star Wars Episode 1, had a game to see if it was as lame as I remember. It is. The Walking Dead ...I know its early days code wise, but it just left me cold, just didnt seem anything exciting about the layout, same old same old. Getting tired of magnets on Stern games now. That trick is getting old now.

Had a ball down in the RGP vid cab zone. So many incredible games taking me back to my youth. Salamander, Gorf, Black Widow etc.

Played a bunch of old computer stuff too on C64, Atari etc. Jeff Minters new game looks awesome too.

Anyway heres a few pics

SCSC ACDC Shoot To Thrill set up Sat morning
IMG_2881.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG
IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

Frank loves his ACDC :)

IMG_2886.JPG

Another day another SCS hangover casualty ...Wills blankie helped him
IMG_2885.JPG

Will and Matt loving Arena
IMG_2909.JPG

IMG_2910.JPG

The drain monster that is Majorettes
IMG_2912.JPG

Last edited:
pics of the hacking lab setup

IMG_3056.JPG IMG_3057.JPG IMG_3058.JPG IMG_3060.JPG IMG_3064.JPG

Some guys enjoying a game on my indiana jones rewrite

IMG_3065.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3063.jpg
    IMG_3063.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 7
A queue that Alton Towers would be proud of. Did go down pretty quick though, about half hour wait after door's opened.

NLP 001.jpg NLP 002.jpg

Spotted R2D2 and Darth Vader while on the way to the toilets - think Lister must have been on a break. (Can we have a spot nearer to the toilets next time please ;))
NLP 007.jpg

Last edited:
I loved the alternate artwork on that Attack From Mars which looks like the Revenge From Mars, was one of the very best tables there, played like a minter and looked the absolute dogs danglies!

I loved the alternate artwork on that Attack From Mars which looks like the Revenge From Mars, was one of the very best tables there, played like a minter and looked the absolute dogs danglies!
The AFM custom cab decals were installed by @replicas :thumbs: Apparently there's only 4 (or 5?) in the world.

Did anyone know about the riot police turning up on Sunday afternoon? The exhibitors of the fashion and lifestyle event kicked off at the organisers because nobody turned up. :rofl:

Might have been a case that people turned up intending to go to the fashion thing but heard outside there were pinballs on free play in the 'other' event so went there instead :D

Superb weekend - hats off to NLP crowd ... @replicas , @TYHO and the rest of em ..... and all who helped out.

The Slam crew had a ball, well worth the epic drive up and back - even if the collective hangover on Saturday morning almost derailed the SCSC Shoot To Thrill tourney :rofl:We rallied though and it was great fun, congrats to Jim Lindsay on winning. Great having the lock in on Sat eve for a chance to play the pins minus the crowds.

Pin highlights .....the assorted Gotts that I hadnt spent time on before, Arena, Robowar, TX. Majorettes - has to be the toughest EM I have ever played, I liked it a lot. Star Trek (Stern) is great. Whirlwind and Pinbot were nice to play again.

Pin lows .......Star Wars Episode 1, had a game to see if it was as lame as I remember. It is. The Walking Dead ...I know its early days code wise, but it just left me cold, just didnt seem anything exciting about the layout, same old same old. Getting tired of magnets on Stern games now. That trick is getting old now.

Had a ball down in the RGP vid cab zone. So many incredible games taking me back to my youth. Salamander, Gorf, Black Widow etc.

Played a bunch of old computer stuff too on C64, Atari etc. Jeff Minters new game looks awesome too.

Anyway heres a few pics

SCSC ACDC Shoot To Thrill set up Sat morning
View attachment 11031

View attachment 11032
View attachment 11035

View attachment 11033

Frank loves his ACDC :)

View attachment 11034

Another day another SCS hangover casualty ...Wills blankie helped him
View attachment 11036

Will and Matt loving Arena
View attachment 11037

View attachment 11038

The drain monster that is Majorettes
View attachment 11039

I WANNA ROCK!!!

Might have been a case that people turned up intending to go to the fashion thing but heard outside there were pinballs on free play in the 'other' event so went there instead :D

tho every year we find oney in machines,jsut found £1.60 in my Robo-War,forbidden Planet had £8,during repairs if I found money,it went in the TCT bucket.Eric Riley had over £2 in one of his,and was very happy the money went in there.
There is £11.60 here,that will go to TCT via NLP as there stall was shut when I went to put that lot in

Did anyone know about the riot police turning up on Sunday afternoon? The exhibitors of the fashion and lifestyle event kicked off at the organisers because nobody turned up. :rofl:

it all started when someone started dissin' the Tx Sectors...:D

Well me and dave d finally got my games and a few others back to mine and the can taken back ..... I'm now going to sleep for a week .what a weekend of pinball moving,fixing,sorting the pesky electrics for the show and hurting my feet n calves on that flint stones pinn dance Matt thing ..but really good to meet you peeps from here and have a beer n chat .... Thanks all who donated a pin and helped out awesome weekend .

On top of that I did 300 miles or so of extra driving to and from the venue in my car.

It looks like that bird on the Liverpool badge, Liver bird not Lilly Savage.

A Victoria Cross should be awarded to @pinballmania for fixing the broken down machines within the blink of an eye. Such a down to earth guy who gives so much at a show without expecting anything in return. Legend. :) Thanks for fixing my LOTR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom