What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NLP feedback thread

I see Grizz in his recognisable Hawaiian shirt on the phone during the walk through vid;-) and how cool is that little dude dressed as Mario at the PH stand!!

Looks like a truly awesome show. I hadn't anticipated it being so massive.

Well done to all those involved .

Who did the No Good Gofers belong to? Was really hoping to grab a game on that one but seems it must have developed a fault as when I came to it later in the day it had been turned off. Still a great showing of machines and I don't think I waited more than a few minutes for a game on any of the tables I played.

NGG was mine. The ramp post fell off, and made a ball stick in the outlane. Fixed in 10 minutes but as I was stuck behind my parts desk, didn't find out about it til I checked it out at end of day 1. Sorry.

As I posted elsewhere, in a different league to any show I've been to before. Fantastic venue (**** queues to get in, but that's for the venue and replay ltd to sort). Saw the huge amount of effort that the NLP crew put in before and after...would love to help with that in future.
Met great people like the NERG guys who helped me and Freddie (my 4 year old) load my SM into the back of my Golf at 7pm on Sunday, delaying their return to the North East, who couldn't have been more helpful.
It's the first show I've lent to, and my experience was perfect. The pins were so well spaced apart, there was so little risk of a cabinet scratch ( my main worry, cos everything on the playfield is repairable). Be happy to do it again - hopefully avoiding the Golf which is a bit of a squeeze.
In summary, incredible show and congrats to Mark and the rest of the crew :)

It was a truly EPIC event - has to be the biggest collection of pins and vids at a European show surely ???

A few random thoughts...

Pins

Great to see everyone as always and to put faces to some of the forum members - pleasure to finally meet and chat to @OrochiLeona , @JMP , @KidQuaalude , @Onze , @Mooseman and I'm sure others

Right back at you GrizZ. Funny when you're standing around next to someone from here without realising it ! People never look like you imagine do they? :D

Good to see new and familiar faces from the South even if I can't remember names, sorry Ron, I mean Chris (Ronsplooter). ;) and looking forward to the Slam next year with digs already booked and paid with the rest of the NLP guys.

As far as NLP at Play Expo goes, only bigger and better each year I reckon. Great weekend affirming my desire for a ST, although well knackered today.

Well finally finished today at 5.30,good to hear you guys enjoyed it ,I'm fooooooked I'm sure us nlp troops will get together to discuss all the good,the bad and the ugly of the show and strive to make it even better,good to see grizz and the south soldiers thank you for travelling such a long way and all the peeps who loaned pins,helped through out the weekend a truly great pinball community :D

What a truly epic show had such a fantastic time, great work guys on pulling it all together and as has been mentioned a few times already hear big big pats on backs to all that lent machines and all that took time to help out in some way.

We really have a fantastic thing going with the UK pinball community and it was so nice to see " almost " all of those involved showing support for this event.

Plus points for me....

Meeting lots of new people and catching up with lots of old ones

Dig dug and bank bust

Star Trek hmmmmm tempting

Same as Ivan here but meeting Jeff minter was an awesome thing.

Our little south coast slam zone

Cosplay... Cosplay... Cosplay

Dom in true sctoma form murdering a ToM so that our IJ may live

Bad points......

Not finding the "spoons" that was by the ski center as we all walked for about 30 minutes up the M60 cold and lost

Not getting to play bubble bobble with stormy

Bum gravy

Didn't get a chance to catch up with as many people as would have liked.

Having to abandon the slam crew early due to family stuff, thanks so much to the raisons and matty Adams for hanging on to the end.

----------------

Congratulations again to all involved and hope to see you all again at the ScS next year

Much love

Will

Cos-play my ****, it was all about the venue. Check out this beautiful white loading bay door I managed to get a shot of.

IMAG0076.jpg

Got the last NBA in the garage at 9.30 this evening.
Totally fooked.
BIG thanks go to all and many thanks for all the kind words. Its your show and its the pin loaners that make it. With out which we would not have a show. To loan your pride and joy for total strangers to play is a great thing to do.
Thankyou to everyone who helped and all the kind words make it all worth while. A proper thankyou will be sent out once we get over the shock of it all.
You guys rock.

Second plug for the Guy that bought a big quantity of Ghost Buster LED's if he could get in touch asap as I think there may have been a bit of a mix up in the order.

Bit of a long shot I know but only way I can think of getting in touch.

Regards

Mel
www.1stoppinball.com

Fixed in 10 minutes but as I was stuck behind my parts desk, didn't find out about it til I checked it out at end of day 1. Sorry.
No need to apologise at all. There was more than enough Pins there to keep me occupied and i'm sure i'll get to play NGG one day. The fact that yourself (and so many others) took the time to donate and deliver Pins is absolutely superb. :)

Sorry £1.55 for a pint in a pub? Don't think I've paid that since the late 80s/early 90s:( Next you'll be telling me there are pins in the pubs up that way.
Two in the main pubs in Burnley (Sycamore farm carvery, Hollywood star next to cinema),
We all stayed in the cheapest hotel which was about 400 yards from a Wetherspoons, great relaxing night with friends after a long day.

Another great expo with both ups and downs.

The highlight was definitely the mousin' around. Mintier than snorting a crushed up extra strong, flippers set up perfectly and a sys11 game I'd never played back in the day. One to add to the 'when' list.

My main gripe was flippers. I got in early and found that the first 3 games I played on were suffering from a bad case of 'operator flipper'. Maybe I was unlucky but as the day went one I started making a mental map of games that were worth playing, which turned out to be almost all of the tables. Obviously as time went on more tables were in need of a rest, but that's pinball.

Therefore, I hereby start the SOF (save our flippers) crusade and will offer help/time to anyone who asks.

It was nice to see the another BK2K with early production plastics. Does anyone know who owns that? It was fulled LED and he had removed the factory mylar too. Would be good to know that ROM revision you are on and any info on how the mylar removal went.

See you all next year. I've organized my mate's van already :)
Thank uoi Abaxas, weve already got your name down for the flipper crusade at the show...

What a truly epic show had such a fantastic time, great work guys on pulling it all together and as has been mentioned a few times already hear big big pats on backs to all that lent machines and all that took time to help out in some way.

We really have a fantastic thing going with the UK pinball community and it was so nice to see " almost " all of those involved showing support for this event.

Plus points for me....

Meeting lots of new people and catching up with lots of old ones

Dig dug and bank bust

Star Trek hmmmmm tempting

Same as Ivan here but meeting Jeff minter was an awesome thing.

Our little south coast slam zone

Cosplay... Cosplay... Cosplay

Dom in true sctoma form murdering a ToM so that our IJ may live

Bad points......

Not finding the "spoons" that was by the ski center as we all walked for about 30 minutes up the M60 cold and lost

Not getting to play bubble bobble with stormy

Bum gravy

Didn't get a chance to catch up with as many people as would have liked.

Having to abandon the slam crew early due to family stuff, thanks so much to the raisons and matty Adams for hanging on to the end.

----------------

Congratulations again to all involved and hope to see you all again at the ScS next year

Much love

Will
The NLP crew are already booked in for the Slam and after several years of having to leave early and feeling sorry for our friends left to pack up are staying Sunday night to help you put it all to bed..
Would rather drive home Monday during daylight than get home at 4am only to have to unload and take the van back at 8 like I usually do.
Hopefully we can help you get everything away in a reasonable time next year..
If any of the other Northern guys and gals fancy joining us we are all staying in the Travel Lodge Rustington (http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/41/Littlehampton-Rustington-hotel), Friday, Sat and Sun night.

If anyone who brought more than one pin to the show has not been contacted regarding pin funding by weekend will you please get in touch with us.
Thank you for your support.

Had an amazing time. I don't know if I have ever seen more than four tables under one roof, so 120 or so was pretty nice. I got to play a few that I've only tried "virtually" on The Pinball Arcade before, as well as some old favourites.

Best parts for me was trying NGG for the first time in real life, learning to apreciate The Shadow, and my first acquaintance with Tron. Seeing Wizard of Oz was great, but I didn't fall in love with the gameplay.

Oh... and buying our first pinball machine was pretty good too! Thanks to all those who talked to me, shared their expertise, and even let me help out a little taking down their tables. Hands on experience is invaluable.

Oh... and buying our first pinball machine was pretty good too! Thanks to all those who talked to me, shared their expertise, and even let me help out a little taking down their tables. Hands on experience is invaluable.
What did you end up buying then? :)

I don't think it matters what table you buy there's something really special about your first Pin, although once you've taken that step it can become pretty all consuming. I went to my brother-in-laws at the weekend and got 'the face' from my missus when I commented that he could get 3 or 4 Pinball machines in his 'summer house'. :D

What did you end up buying then? :)

I don't think it matters what table you buy there's something really special about your first Pin, although once you've taken that step it can become pretty all consuming.
Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that it was a Scared Stiff, brought to the show by @Mooseman. He was a very nice bloke, and the playfield looks absolutely gorgeous. It played really well at the show, and we're looking forward to setting it up. It is currently in transit (and possibly in a Transit!) with a deliveryman called Martin.

Last edited:
I also chatted to you whilst you girlfriend won World Fair.
Martin the delivery man is a good person to look after your pins. Have no worrys there.
I was hoping to play that SS but it was always busy, lovely machine and congratulations on buying your first table. :)

Were you the guy chatting to us when we were taking down machines?
Sound like me! I was taking the opportunity to talk to as many people as possible. It was great to meet some of the exhibitors and other pinheads. I should have got involved with forums and groups like these years ago, didn't know what I was missing. I assumed the whole scene online would be more for the Americans.

I'm still very much a newbie despite having first played Pinball in the 80s.

Sound like me! I was taking the opportunity to talk to as many people as possible. It was great to meet some of the exhibitors and other pinheads. I should have got involved with forums and groups like these years ago, didn't know what I was missing. I assumed the whole scene online would be more for the Americans.

I'm still very much a newbie despite having first played Pinball in the 80s.

I remember you, was taking down a Black Rose and Whitewater at the time. Scared Stiff is a great first pin, it rarely stays as one machine ownership y'know...!

I remember you, was taking down a Black Rose and Whitewater at the time. Scared Stiff is a great first pin, it rarely stays as one machine ownership y'know...!
Until we move house it might have to stay our only table. Not to mention that we'll be a bit less rich with a bigger place. I wouldn't mind expanding the collection one day though.

Back
Top Bottom