What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NLP.....Bloody brilliant!

Dunc

Registered
Well, just wanted to say, what a fantastic weekend! Amazing show, amazing turnout and met some great people. Nice to put forum names and actualy names to faces!

Thanks to you all behind the scenes who put it all together. And the lock in.....how do u pull that off at a main venue like that?!

Once again, amazing, can't wait for next year!

Dunc

Just got home after an awesome weekend. Played lots of machines I've never played before, met many forum members and generally had a great time. Big thanks to the whole NLP crew who did a fantastic job as always, couldn't ask for a better run event. Finally thanks to all the pin loaners, great selection of machines as always.
Completely knackered after 3 hour drive, the pin can stay in the car until tomorrow evening.

One more thing, Roberts R2 is really impressive, I was looking around for 5 minutes before I spotted Robert hiding :D.

Last edited:
Thankyou so much to all the NLP for such an awesome event, played on some great pins, space station I liked very much, got to chat to a lot of forum members about pins so good times.
Great venue, Witherspoon was cheap as anything for a drink to us shandy drinking southerners:), so to all you NLP'ers I appreciate what must be a mountain of work you do behind the scenes to allow us to enjoy such a wonderful event. :clap::clap::clap:

Agreed, well done and thanks everyone. Only went for the saturday and only played pinballs this year.

Lot's of people who attended and had been previous years said the pinball was awesome, but the rest of the play expo show was "lacking this year"

Epic as always.

Massive thanks to the NLP crew .... @replicas @TYHO and everyone else involved. :clap::clap: Lets hope huge amounts raised .

I thought the whole PlayExpo was pretty much on a par with previous events. I actually felt it was a little quieter than before. Less crowded. Not sure who thought putting greasy grill wagons indoors with no dedicated ventilation for them ...at one point on Saturday the entire venue stank of acrid cooking smoke and you could see a fug of it hanging in the air. The bar was pitiful too.

Great weekend .......random highlights, games or otherwise ...

Roadkings - South Coast crew loved it so much, it came back down south :D Cheers @steve brum

Funhouse - hadnt properly played for years. Loved it again.

GB Prem - looked great, the hologram and subway are awesome additions.

'Raid On Asda' starring @cooldan ....film rights sold, look out for it Xmas 2017 in cinemas everywhere.

Meeting up with loads of Pinballinfo members, this forum really is firing on all cylinders right now :thumbs:, had some great chats ...wont list folk as too many but you know who you were. Cheers guys.

Spoons ! - and their pricing , basically felt like 'Free beer' being used to prices down south :D

The Lock In and Pizza Frenzy mode

Vanguard - and a bunch of the other vids.

The Gottlieb lineup ! - never in the history of shows have so many fugly games been assembled for our pleasure.

Jeff Minters new VR game was mindblowing. Might have to get a PS4 setup just for it :rolleyes:

Oh ...and nearly forgot ....Popeye :D The Sailor Man stood up well to a weekends solid play. Thanks for all comments, good or bad :thumbs: And good effort @windoesnot in trying to put it out of commission at the start of the weekend, that was a hell of a shot ;) Rest assured I shall never mention the game again, and a For Sale listing will be coming shortly ;)

Keep on flipping people
Toot Toot

14563322_10154254884744262_985168086390817467_n.jpg

Oh and a big thanks to @Matt Adams for lugging Popeye all the way up and back again, bloody wide bodys! ;)

Unloaded the van this morning and have just been scratching my bald head thinking where the hell is all this going to go!

20161010_093554.jpg

Oh, @pinsinthewild Roddy says hi xx

Great show, as Grizz says we all loved Roadkings and it was a real bonus that @Will wasn't with us as we weren't dragged off to the cosplay every 5 seconds, until next year....

I was a actually quite disappointed there wasn't more cosplay girls anyway I digress.... Will try and make it next year if I still have a job to fund it

Oh and a big thanks to @Matt Adams for lugging Popeye all the way up and back again, bloody wide bodys! ;)

Unloaded the van this morning and have just been scratching my bald head thinking where the hell is all this going to go!

View attachment 36747

Great show, as Grizz says we all loved Roadkings and it was a real bonus that @Will wasn't with us as we weren't dragged off to the cosplay every 5 seconds, until next year....

I'll take those two wolf mods that are on the left if you need the space

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bar was pitiful too.
Not only was the selection pitiful and over-priced (yeah, I know... captive audience and all that) but they didn't take cards! So to buy 6 pints in feckin' plastic cups for £24 you first had to trudge off to the cash machine to be stung £1.99 for the pleasure of having some folding.

Not only was the selection pitiful and over-priced (yeah, I know... captive audience and all that) but they didn't take cards! So to buy 6 pints in feckin' plastic cups for £24 you first had to trudge off to the cash machine to be stung £1.99 for the pleasure of having some folding.

Always bring your own beer ;)

View attachment 36747

He is cool ... but still a plonker

Just wanted to add in my review of the event as it was my first year going, second event where I have loaned a machine.

First what a world of difference, having a whole crew to guide you in and if needed get your machine set up was massively helpful. I think my game was reliable all weekend as I never heard anything about it going wrong but I saw lots of guys running around fixing games as and when. Top marks to the NLP crew for all their hard efforts over the weekend.

Really enjoyed the lock in, great being able to walk up to games and just play them without having to wait. Got to play a whole heap of games I have never seen/wouldn't get to play on otherwise so thanks to everyone as well for bringing across some rare gems. I think my guilty pleasure machine was Godzilla, I kept going back to it for that thumping sound track!

I think if I had to highlight any bad points it would actually be the play expo staff who didn't seem that clued-up. Saturday it took about 40 minutes to get in as apparently they changed the method of giving out wristbands this year causing a long queue, Sunday they expected me to have kept my Saturday band on all night for some reason and were confused I took it off (the moment when the guy serving held his arm up and said "This has been on since Wednesday mate." and all I could think was "Yeah and that looks about the last time you washed as well." gave me a internal laugh). Also shoutout to Nazi car park staff member who apparently wanted to pick fights with a few people over petty things - hope to see you next year!

Definitely be up for it again next year. I had a good wander around the rest of the event a few times but decided 90% of what was on stalls was what I term 'plastic cr*p' that goes on a shelf never to be touched again, did buy a T-shirt and had a good look a the arcade cabs - a nice suprise was seeing an Indy Jones & The Temple of Doom which I remember my brother playing loads of. Really wanted a game on Crazy Taxi but was hogged the whole time by 1 guy (so doesn't just happens on pins!). Got a nice playfield from @Nedreud and got my invisiglas from @aaronhicksuk which has now gone in T2 and looks great. Met a whole heap of forum members I have not had the pleasure of meeting before but great to put faces to names.

Looking forward to next year!

Another quiet morning at work @Sam C ? ;)

I agree with Sam about the event staff, the NLP staff were all excellent as always. :clap: The queueing system to get into the show last year worked really well; you were issued with your wristbands whilst standing in the queue, and then showed them as you walked into the show. Why did they change it this year, was it security issues? Had some people just been putting on their own similar coloured wristbands once they saw what was being used? The Sunday morning queuing system was even worse as you were only let into the show in batches, and then had a disorderly scrum to get your wristband issued by officials sitting at desks. Why!! :mad::mad:

I managed to avoid purchasing any of the overpriced food or drink at the show, but the smell and smoke haze from the food stalls was overpowering at times. I did originally wonder if the smoke was all coming from the TAF Electric Chair.... :cool:

A great selection of machines again, and nearly all machines lasted the weekend without problems. I never heard of any problems occuring with my two games there. Thanks to Poibug and Robbie Denton for helping out when I discovered that I had left the keys to TRS at home :-o

I didn't see any issues with machine hogging, but there again I don't tend to wait around to play a particular machine, I'll just find a free machine to play instead. ;) Plenty of machines found abandoned on four player games, but easy enough to reset and play on.

I really enjoyed playing @carl lawrence lovely Fish Tales. Regretting selling my last one already! :rolleyes: Space Station was also thoroughly enjoyed too. Great also to play some unusual games such as Robot, Barracora, Road Kings and of course all the Gottliebs.

The Saturday evening lock-in was as good as ever, I believe there was actually enough Pizza ordered to satisfy everyone's hunger. :thumbs:

A bit of a trek back to the Travelodge from the show, but it was very handy for the Wetherspoons! Sylv enjoyed observing all the weird and wonderful costumes people were wearing at the show, and I of course enjoyed seeing the Cosplay ladies.

Thanks to everyone who brought their games along for the public to play, and to all the organisers and helpers that make NLP such a great show. :thumbs::clap::thumbs:

Really enjoyed the weekend, as usual the lock-in was the highlight of the show for me. Bring your own beer, all you can eat pizza for a fiver, and a huge choice of available pinball machines :thumbs:

Well done to the NLP crew for pulling it off again, roll on next year!

Didn't have any issues getting a wrist band on Sunday. I joined the queue without one and member of staff came and scanned my ticket, no problems. This was around 9:40, once the doors opened was in within 5 minutes.

Really enjoyed the weekend, as usual the lock-in was the highlight of the show for me. Bring your own beer, all you can eat pizza for a fiver, and a huge choice of available pinball machines :thumbs:

Well done to the NLP crew for pulling it off again, roll on next year!

I believe we owe thanks for the pizza to a forum memeber @Neil McRae ? Unless I missheard that. If correct, thanks Neil, very generous. If not I'll get my coat.

Didn't have any issues getting a wrist band on Sunday. I joined the queue without one and member of staff came and scanned my ticket, no problems. This was around 9:40, once the doors opened was in within 5 minutes.

That sounds like how it was last year!

We rolled up about half ten on Sunday. Sounds like they had changed the system to a far less efficient one by the time we got there.:(

The queueing system seemed to vary depending on how early or late you arrived.

On Saturday we arrived about 10:40 and were ushered into a very long a pretty slow moving queue. I think it took us a good 30 minutes to get into the venue.

Sunday morning we arrived about 09:30 and it was as described above; they scanned our tickets and issued wristbands whilst we waited and once the doors opened it was pretty much straight in. I headed straight to the Llamasoft stand to have a go on their new VR game 'Polybius'. Very good it was too.

Last edited:
I believe we owe thanks for the pizza to a forum memeber @Neil McRae ? Unless I missheard that. If correct, thanks Neil, very generous. If not I'll get my coat.

wanted to contribute to such a good cause but couldn't deal with the logistics of getting a machine to site so I helped out with some pizza tokens. Not that big a deal and count me in again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on the entry - I couldn't find my tickets so just went in to the pay area which moved a lot quicker than those with tickets and that was around 11am on the saturday.

What I found quite interesting is that you need to really play a game to know if it works for you, and don't follow the sheep. Having looked at fish tales I thought it look pants but the gameplay on it is excellent and I really enjoyed playing it. Also had Spider-Man on my list to get but after playing it I thought it wasn't that great

My favorite game was Wayne's Metallica, awesome machine, those lit side rails are amazing. Blackwater 100 really surprised me, fun machine. Enjoyed Judge Dredd and Demo Man, both of which I hadn't played before. Quite enjoyed Kiss, Hobbit was fun once I stayed awake long enough to start multiball. MMR would have been fun but the flippers were really weak.

What's the crack with Avengers? the ball continuously getting stuck behind Hulks arms. I don't think there was anything wrong with the machine itself, its just always going to do it. How did it get released like that?

Back
Top Bottom