What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo Switch

My lads switch has drift in the thumb stick , such a floor , already replaced right now left , bloody peeved tbh
Instead of replacing try laying a thin piece of cardboard/folded paper in between the thumb stick metal plate and the battery tray- its shown that a little pressure on the rear of the thumbstick unit can help keep the contacts in their working position!
You can test the theory before dismantling by squeezing the joycon behind the thumbstick when in collaboration setting!
Hope this helps
Stig

Splatoon 2 DLC now included in the NSO Expansion Pack :thumbs:

1650698424212.png

Has anyone purchased the new Mario Kart expansion tracks and are they worth buying?
I have them in the expansion pack, not super impressed with the first tranche. If you play multiplayer online they should be selected occasionally. Still a lot more to come.

Well, less than 4 months it's taken for the Nintendo Switch to be gathering dust. The kids think the games are boring. *sigh*

Anyone tried the new Sports game?
I've been tempted but having 3rd party controllers only here, I can't see it being as responsive as the proprietary ones.

I've been tempted but having 3rd party controllers only here, I can't see it being as responsive as the proprietary ones.
When you say 3rd party controller, do you mean a traditional gamepad?

Cus Switch Sports only supports joycons and nothing else.

I played it during the open trial, it seemed polished but too reminiscent of the earlier games for me. It's getting mixed reviews, but more content is coming I may pick it up when its super cheep.

Yeah, how do you have a Switch without the included joycons attached :hmm:

I bought just the switch off ebay last year very cheaply. Then bought a few of the Gioteck joycon pairs that ASDA were clearing out for £5, a £15 charger and a TV hdmi/USBc cable off amazon for a few quid.

I’ve given up on Nintendo , I just feel so shafted every time I do something for my son, even he isn’t fussed at all , and the joycons are a joke at best ,,, he only drags it out for car journeys

Training demo of this pre-release has just been put up, with live match sessions scheduled over next weekend.

1653664925132.png

Bit late to the party on this one, but I've only just started playing pinball on the console.
If anyone spots one available that's not ebay prices please lmk, I've seen there's a fair few 3D printer designs online for a comparable portrait experience.
I got an alert to say these are back in stock, both US ($15) and Europe (€16) stores. I would have bought one but I find the Switch screen too small for Pinball, much prefer playing on my 10" tablet.

***OLED Switch is NOT compatible with Flip Grip***

I got an alert to say these are back in stock, both US ($15) and Europe (€16) stores. I would have bought one but I find the Switch screen too small for Pinball, much prefer playing on my 10" tablet.

***OLED Switch is NOT compatible with Flip Grip***

Well that didn't take long to change my mind! Seeing as you can get them delivered from Europe I've ordered one, £18.80 delivered assuming I don't get any unexpected customs charges.

I'm not really one for console gaming anymore, I sold of quite a bit of my retro collection a few years back (NES, SNES, megadrive, Dreamcast) alhough I did keep the consoles and a few games for each one.

I bought a Switch 2 months or so ago and I'm suddenly completely obsessed, mostly with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! I totally suck at it but it's so addictive. Anyone else here got a Switch and what games are you playing at the moment?
Try pinball fx many tables are discounted weekly

Also like the Lego games

The lads switch has an error message saying it’s needing to be sent to Nintendo for repairs ? He’s gutted anyone had this , simply won’t boot up just goes black screen

The lads switch has an error message saying it’s needing to be sent to Nintendo for repairs ? He’s gutted anyone had this , simply won’t boot up just goes black screen

Have you tried this to boot in recovery, while off hold down both volume buttons and tap On.

There was an article on the news this morning about the switch failing in the heat. Could be your issue. It was fecking muggy and hot yesterday

Next tranche of Mario Kart 8 tracks arriving next Thursday 4th August ... one of which is Waluigi Pinball :thumbs:

Turnip Cup:
- New York Minute
- Mario Circuit 3
- Kalimari Desert
- Waluigi Pinball

Propeller Cup:
- Sydney Spring
- Snow Land
- Mushroom Gorge
- Sky-High Sundae (New Course):

Switch currently sent off to Nintendo as it simply died ( had to laugh as my wife told my son about sending it away ) he shouted out “ bloody Nintendo tax” he’s only 7 , think he learnt that from me

I've just caught Cuphead on my Instagram feed (Yes I'm late to the party). I love the look and style of it but is it really as hard as everyone says, does the difficulty ramp up slowly? I'm a casual gamer at best so I might just be wasting my money if I buy it.

I've just caught Cuphead on my Instagram feed (Yes I'm late to the party). I love the look and style of it but is it really as hard as everyone says, does the difficulty ramp up slowly? I'm a casual gamer at best so I might just be wasting my money if I buy it.
It’s essentially a boss rush marathon in which you die over and over and over again as you slowly memorise the different phases of each boss fight. It does have two difficulty settings which equate to normal and expert essentially. The recently released DLC does include a new character which makes some aspects of the core game mechanics easier. But it’s definitely a challenging game.

The real strength lies in the fact that underneath the peerless vintage cartoon animation and music, the gameplay and learning curve - whilst difficult - has evidently been play tested comprehensively so that you don’t feel cheated when you die.

You gradually improve the more you attempt each boss and it shows you how close you were to defeating its last phase upon each failed attempt. So it has that one more go pull as well.

I played through it on Xbox Series X with my young son and his superior reflexes and knack for pattern recognition carried me along through the game, lol!

Still haven’t 100% it though.

The game is likely to be on sale once the initial DLC bump in sales subsides. So definitely worth a punt at £10 or so.

It’s essentially a boss rush marathon in which you die over and over and over again as you slowly memorise the different phases of each boss fight. It does have two difficulty settings which equate to normal and expert essentially. The recently released DLC does include a new character which makes some aspects of the core game mechanics easier. But it’s definitely a challenging game.

The real strength lies in the fact that underneath the peerless vintage cartoon animation and music, the gameplay and learning curve - whilst difficult - has evidently been play tested comprehensively so that you don’t feel cheated when you die.

You gradually improve the more you attempt each boss and it shows you how close you were to defeating its last phase upon each failed attempt. So it has that one more go pull as well.

I played through it on Xbox Series X with my young son and his superior reflexes and knack for pattern recognition carried me along through the game, lol!

Still haven’t 100% it though.

The game is likely to be on sale once the initial DLC bump in sales subsides. So definitely worth a punt at £10 or so.
Thanks for this, I've put it on my Wish List and will get it when it's on sale. I guess I'll never know unless I play it and will at least be able experience/appreciate the animation and music.

Back
Top Bottom