What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Night Moves

After removing the battery from the CPU board it looks like there's a bit of battery leakage. Nothing too bad but I thought I'd treat the game as it's going to be a keeper so Jim @myPinballs is posting me one of his brand new 80B CPU boards :D All of the other boards looks to be in great shape but I did notice a loose component on the transistor driver board so that needs fixing along with re-flowing the headers on everything :thumbs:

IMG_4565.JPG

IMG_4563.JPG

IMG_4564.JPG

IMG_4566.JPG

IMG_4567.JPG

Lovin' this shop log! This is one weird ass pin. Impressed they crammed it all into a cocktail cab.

Nice looking PARAGON, btw. I will finish mine... One day...

Looking at the Ipdb entry for this game, I see it has Gottlieb's variation on 'Lane Change' - the lamps on a set of rollover lanes scan continually, with the player allowed to 'freeze' the lamp by holding the flipper button. I hadn't realised that Gottlieb used this on a game besides 1987's Monte Carlo.

A tip; cover up the erasure windows on the E-Prom chips. The content is wiped by UV light. There may be original labels lurking inside the cabinet.

Last edited:
A tip; cover up the erasure windows on the E-Prom chips. The content is wiped by UV light. There may be original labels lurking inside the cabinet.

Thanks Jay, I've been keeping a piece of paper over the board when not taking pics of it for this reason but will look to put some little stickers on. The brand spanking new 80B CPU board from Jim @myPinballs was delivered this morning :D

Think I'm gonna be moving mine on soon.

Sorry Chris, derailing your thread :oops:

No worries dude, my Paragon will be up for sale too later this year when I finally get round to doing my Banzai Run project :thumbs:

Any roms without labels should be binned immediately. Not worth the risk, especially if been in a game with fluorescent tube

good,but not the best

TX...TX...TX

Robo-war geat too,and like Night Moves,Genesis9or FrankNPin as mine is known)is good too

Sys 80b music is good : )

Don't forget about gold wings. My favourite and best music imo :)

Thanks Jay, I've been keeping a piece of paper over the board when not taking pics of it for this reason but will look to put some little stickers on. The brand spanking new 80B CPU board from Jim @myPinballs was delivered this morning :D

It's not super critical. I worked it out once how long it would take to erase an EPROM in indoor natural light and under a floro tube. Under a floro tube (in close proximity) it takes about 3 years to erase one.

Of course if your CPU board has been in a backbox with a florotube with the lables missing for years, then the EPROMS will be on their way to being erased.

Nintendo didn't bother covering the EPROM windows in their videogames.

used to love playing Night Moves that was located permanently in the pub in Swavesey

Playing it at Swavesey was what made me decide I wanted one...it's just taken a few years for the right one to come along :D

Needs to be louder .
Would be great if at a show when it went off everyone heard it.
Get a real one installed.

They are real ones and are very loud normally... It was too loud at Special When Lit and was left permanently disconnected! :eek:

Needs to be louder .
Would be great if at a show when it went off everyone heard it.
Get a real one installed.

It is a real one, made in Ukraine I think from memory! USSR military clearance??

Is seriously loud in my basement. I was alittle disappointed with the volume at the show a few years back. Goes to show what the general volume is like at shows and it being inside a cabinet facing backwards. Maybe one year I'll wire it up out of the cab, or 2 together!!

Replace them speakers Chris - Same sized modern replacements. Shouldn't cost more than £20 and i bet it'll sound better. Just drop em straight in :)

Great video tho - Dead jealous of the machine and the condition! :)

Replace them speakers Chris - Same sized modern replacements. Shouldn't cost more than £20 and i bet it'll sound better. Just drop em straight in :)

I need to check this when I'm near a schematic ( currently in jfk airport) but I believe 80b games with 1 'backbox' speaker are 8 ohm not 4, as they had 2 4 ohm in series once but then cheapened it with a single speaker and carried on using the same amp setup. So getting the 4" diameter 8 ohm ones is not as easy as most car speakers are 4 ohm. The base speaker is still 4 ohm from memory.

Replace them speakers Chris - Same sized modern replacements
I need to check this when I'm near a schematic

Finally remembered to check this the other day and the speakers in Night Moves are:

1x 4 ohm 15W 6.5in
1x 8 ohm 2W 4in

Anyone got any examples of good replacements? I know I have to match the impedance and size but do I need to worry about the power rating as well?

Some random pics of bits and pieces I've been doing on the Night Moves while I'm sorting out the next video. I resprayed and then cleared all the black metal parts from the cab (plus the wooden rails from the playfield).

IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

Here's a before and after comparison of the transformer chassis out of the bottom of the game. Took the sander to it to get it looking half decent again.

IMG_4740.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

And then a quick shot of my work area (it's not this tidy at the moment) :D

IMG_4904.JPG

Just a quick note to say that Night Moves is finished, I just haven't got round to shooting some more video and pics :) Will try and get something up over the next few days as I need to start a new shop log for my Pinball Magic :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom