What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Nice Congo £2200 only till 5pm today.

Thanks David.

Waiting for a response from BigBear. He has told me a guy named Martin would be delivering. I'm not sure how many bits the pin will come in, but especially because of my cerebral palsy, and also being a pinball newbie, am hoping Martin could help me set it up and get it switched on. Be good to have someone who knows what they're doing get me started. I'm on the third floor but there's a lift.
Yeah. We pretty much all use Martin. The back will be folded down and strapped or cling filmed. The only thing that will need putting together is the legs bolted on. Ask him to help set up as can be very heavy to put upright. It's the case of then getting it level. Switch on then off you go.
As other forum members have said, any advice on trouble shooting etc then message on this forum. Alternatively I use Andy from pinball mania with any major faults. He always sorts it out. So you will always have someone on hand to give you help. Good luck

Good to know about Martin. Thanks for the info and advice, David.

Tell me about it Rob Zombie! Despite an earlier conversation with Bigbear, a last-minute plot twist reveals I'm actually second in line for this. With all respect to that person (no doubt a member on this forum), I'm praying this deal doesn't go through, as that's the only way I'm getting this now. Send me all possible positive vibes please.

That indeed would be sad. Come on guys let @BogusJourney have his dream pinball. I was going to buy it just to sort that out!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very sweet, Martin!

This is too much suspense. Can't even concentrate on making dinner. This machine was a dream of mine before becoming a homeowner. It's been 2 years since that happened and I've never considered the apartment complete without it. Have even put off house projects to save cash for this. Would certainly be a great start to the new year. Off to take a cold shower I think!

Like I say, send the vibes and cross all possible appendages.

I have dealt with big bear and no problems here. Similar with Martin, very trustworthy and is the defacto standard for shipping pins for most the forum....

What machine(s) did you get off Bigbear, Anton?

Just waiting to get his bank details, delivery date and contact details and we should be in business! Seems that first deal fell through.

You won’t regret your purchase BogusJourney it’s a corker of a machine and if you decide to sell the decals I may be interested.

I assume it's ok to post as it is readily available on the internet!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What machine(s) did you get off Bigbear, Anton?

Just waiting to get his bank details, delivery date and contact details and we should be in business! Seems that first deal fell through.
He bought a pin from me, the Tee'd off he was selling last week. Paid when he said, had the money in my account for a month before Martin collected the pin....

Nice to have a bit of proper excitement on the forum!

Good luck BogusJourney, let us all know how it goes. :thumbs:

Anyone got a link to the listing for Martin's delivery service? Have left a message on his machine. I've no idea how it works. All I have from Bigbear is "He is collecting a Judge Dredd and teed off nor next week the week after. Then you will need to arrange with him the delivery." also "I will wrap up well and send pictures but when it leaves me I have no further responsibility for it. You do understand this? (I didn't until now). Maybe best to ask the forum how it works regarding a Pinball machine and what is involved in owning a 20 year plus machine before we do the deal." So this is me asking how it all works. Ready to pay but only once I've got a confirmed delivery date.

Glad it worked out was rooting for you. I would only ever use Martin for delivery might take a little longer but he knows what he' doing and really takes care of the machines. If you call him set aside some time as he does like a good chat haha.

Ah, thanks. Appreciate the support. Might be getting a call from big bear any minute so we can finalize. Could please link me to Martin's delivery service? Not coming up in my searches.

Anyone got a link to the listing for Martin's delivery service? Have left a message on his machine. I've no idea how it works. All I have from Bigbear is "He is collecting a Judge Dredd and teed off nor next week the week after. Then you will need to arrange with him the delivery." also "I will wrap up well and send pictures but when it leaves me I have no further responsibility for it. You do understand this? (I didn't until now). Maybe best to ask the forum how it works regarding a Pinball machine and what is involved in owning a 20 year plus machine before we do the deal." So this is me asking how it all works. Ready to pay but only once I've got a confirmed delivery date.
Lol, sorry, if you knew how Martin worked then you would find your points amusing!
Martin plans his routes round the UK. Thus, when he is in your area he will let you know a week or a day before. Might take a month depending where you are in the country. If you are on one of his usual routes then it might just be a week or two. Don't get too hung up on whether it's safe or not, Martin gets a lot of business from the forum, you just have to accept it's how he works. He is a really nice guy, chats a lot, but you will get your pin and he will look after it.

ps....I doubt he has a web page! He's just a guy with a van / truckwho happens to deliver pinballs as well as other things.

Martin is a tops lad and drives the length and breadth of the UK picking up and delivering pins. If he's passing the pick up location soon and facing in the right direction you may be lucky and it will take a few days from collection to delivery but if he's not passing or going in the wrong direction it could be weeks until the pick up and more weeks from pick up for the delivery. That's just the Martin we have got to know and most here are used to that fact.

Ah, thanks. Appreciate the support. Might be getting a call from big bear any minute so we can finalize. Could please link me to Martin's delivery service? Not coming up in my searches.
sorry - in a hurry, however....
https://www.facebook.com/RetroLogistics/

My dealings with Martin - Ring him - spend 60 mins on the phone, 5 of which is working out where collecting from and too.... Agree a price (usually around £80ish), and either Bank transfer him before it arrives, or pay him cash on delivery....

Confirmed delivery date before payment? ...that could be a sticking point. Martin is a one man band, well he actually gets help off his brother in law sometimes. He's pretty cheap ( usually £85 ) and keeps his prices down by planning a route...when he can put together a route that covers you he'll deliver. Very difficult to get an actual delivery date off him before he's even collected the machine, you may be lucky and get your machine very quickly or it could take weeks or longer. Not trying to put you off using him, just trying to keep your expectations in check. I've used him 20+ times and although frustrating sometimes ( mainly communication problems ) I've learned to chill out and just accept that it may take him days to answer a text, or weeks to get a machine to me.

Last edited:
All brilliant info guys. Thank you immensely. So I guess it's just a matter of forking over that huge amount of cash and then calling him to arrange (once you get through) and then a potentially long wait. You've all done it, so that makes me feel better, just hard to comprehend paying 2+ grand and the nothing for a time (bear in mind, most I've ever spent in one hit is £300.

You've all vouched for Bigbear, but wondering if you all do your cash transfers through personal online banking? If anything goes wrong, or god forbid someone were to take the money and run (has that ever happened on here?) your cash isn't protected. If you do it through paypal, there's protection.

Sorry for all the questions but comes with being a first-time buyer. Looking forward to hopefully talking about the fun stuff, gameplay and ideas for a couple of LEDs I have at top of the playfield in the volcano on the top right and the gorilla's eyes top left.

I've paid ( and accepted ) direct bank transfer for 90% of my pins, including one of my last buys, a Whitewater off BigBear.

All brilliant info guys. Thank you immensely. So I guess it's just a matter of forking over that huge amount of cash and then calling him to arrange (once you get through) and then a potentially long wait. You've all done it, so that makes me feel better, just hard to comprehend paying 2+ grand and the nothing for a time (bear in mind, most I've ever spent in one hit is £300.

You've all vouched for Bigbear, but wondering if you all do your cash transfers through personal online banking? If anything goes wrong, or god forbid someone were to take the money and run (has that ever happened on here?) your cash isn't protected. If you do it through paypal, there's protection.

Sorry for all the questions but comes with being a first-time buyer. Looking forward to hopefully talking about the fun stuff, gameplay and ideas for a couple of LEDs I have at top of the playfield in the volcano on the top right and the gorilla's eyes top left.
Hi bogus journey.
It’s all completely natural how you are feeling about shelling out such a large amount of money to someone you don’t know for something you haven’t seen to be delivered by someone you don’t know at a time that hasn’t been agreed.

But it’s ok !!

Soon you will feel the warmth of this community and how nice it is to be dealing with people who you know aren’t trying to rip each other off all the time and in fact just want to help

I started a couple of years ago . If you want a chat for reassurance PM me for number

Don't worry, Sarah left this forum many moons ago! Search on old posts if you want a laugh...! I miss her rants and her playful words!

Back
Top Bottom