What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold NIB TBL - £9K

It comes with the rug ……… Where is your Rug Dave ?

7C14F72C-6338-471D-BBF3-2623CE524C8B.jpeg

full disclosure on the rug.. it’s not the best quality.. it is more of a gimmic, hang it on the wallsomething.... if you sit the pin on it the weight will cause tears or unraveling...
DP are aware and, I think we’re going back to manufacturer and improving quality.

BUT DAMN... it beats a keychain! ... oh you get those too!

As Dave has chimed in on reliability and build quality and has highlighted my keen opinions - here is another one!

In my travels around the world I’ve come across -5- TBL games - how many have I played!? One! How many of them fully worked? ZERO! *all* of them were bust in some shape or form 4 of them powered off and totally unplayable - buyer beware! This game is not reliable and getting parts non-trivial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Again.. I invite people to go over on Pinside and read TBL thread and feedback of people who have the game.. Or just take @Neil McRae word for it... he sure has a lot of them :rolleyes:;)

Yup go onto pinside and listen to the fanboys who have held on for years that will give a frank and honest review of how they’ve been ripped off for the past 5 years!

I would absolutely love this. I can't afford it obviously. My gf is mega obsessed with Big Lebowski. We must watch it three times a year minimum. There's Lebowskifest framed pictures on the walls. She quotes it endlessly and said the only pin allowed to live downstairs would be this. Glws. Game is stunning and would really tie the room together, would it not.

0c0f7acd7dec069e8fe15184d9a880dc.png

“It's packed up like that because according to the owner, Peter, it is "permanently" broken. He said it constantly went down and he got tired of fixing it. He left it set up the floor while it was unplayable for a while but with limited room I'm sure he had it replaced with something people could actually play and drop quarters in. Such as shame as it is an amazing game.”

Following on from Neils comments. Maybe it has too many toys/features to earn its keep as an op. But would make a hell of a talking point at someone’s home!

Yup go onto pinside and listen to the fanboys who have held on for years that will give a frank and honest review of how they’ve been ripped off for the past 5 years!

And the other buyers that have not been waiting 5+yes that are lined up around the block, the 150+ people on the wait list..

Course they are fans of the theme.. because it is a great theme with great integration..

What TBL is that Neil.. one of the first 50 right.. built 6yrs ago.. so a learning curve from contracted manufacture that had never built a pinball before..

No excuse that it’s broken... is it still broken or has DP resolves the issues.. I will ask...

But if the 4 or 5 you couldn’t play.. what 4 or 5yrs ago at shows.. does not mean you can say the same about the games being built now, By the designer himself by people who give a **** about quality..

I’m sure it will be fine Dave! But if so much demand why you selling so cheap!? Put it on eBay for 20k! [emoji1787][emoji23]

Neil mate it's like you've swallowed a radio, absolutely non-stop!

Dave I'm sure I could find the cash but it would mean a couple of big sacrifices, which I just can't do. If we could do a deal involving me throwing a bag of cash (undies) from a moving vehicle then perhaps.

No excuse that it’s broken... is it still broken or has DP resolves the issues.. I will ask...

But if the 4 or 5 you couldn’t play.. what 4 or 5yrs ago at shows.. does not mean you can say the same about the games being built now, By the designer himself by people who give a **** about quality..

None of the issues are build quality issues - they where component failures - the very same components that ARA sat on for two years and the very same being sent out!

But with such demand nobody will give two ****s about my opinion!

I’m sure it will be fine Dave! But if so much demand why you selling so cheap!? Put it on eBay for 20k! [emoji1787][emoji23]

The Truth..

I paid I think 6K for it 6yrs ago, £11200 for my new one, That’s £17,200..

sell for £9K a group member gets a good deal and I get my EA for £8K

Everyone gets a good deal.... In my opinion...
Guess I’m just a nice guy!

Neil mate it's like you've swallowed a radio, absolutely non-stop!

Yeah mate I’m next to the +1 station “huggersFM” if “I’d buy it but can’t!” - it constantly repeats!
LOL

Yeah mate I’m next to the +1 station “huggersFM” if “I’d buy it but can’t!” - it constantly repeats!
LOL

😂 You've done your pinball expert bit in this thread dude. Move onto the next and wade in heavy with a completely changeable opinion! Surprised you've got time in between playing Turtles in Time competitively with Asians lmao

I’m sure it will be fine Peter but 10K when the economy is about to tank and the viability of the company that makes them is a challenging prospect.

[emoji23] You've done your pinball expert bit in this thread dude. Move onto the next and wade in heavy with a completely changeable opinion! Surprised you've got time in between playing Turtles in Time competitively with Asians lmao

There you go - repetitive bull**** - it’s ****ing worse than Dave! [emoji23]

I’m sure it will be fine Peter but 10K when the economy is about to tank and the viability of the company that makes them is a challenging prospect.

economy tanks

DP go under - only 300ish TBL our there with a killer theme..

More desirable 👍 😂

They've outlasted Heighway Pinball and are still producing games / parts... sure they've had their problems over the years but if they're over them and now producing in bulk then why should it be held against them?

I suspect if TZ or ST:TNG had debuts at the expos like TBL then they would have equally been down for most of the time.

It's jolly decent of @Dave Bishop to offer it here first to help keep it within the community and I'm surprised @Tilt_Birmingham didn't follow through to buy it as it's an ideal theme for a barcade.

Oh and if you're worried about the economy tanking you wouldn't be frequenting this forum as it's not a way to save money... :thumbs:

They've outlasted Heighway Pinball and are still producing games / parts... sure they've had their problems over the years but if they're over them and now producing in bulk then why should it be held against them?

I suspect if TZ or ST:TNG had debuts at the expos like TBL then they would have equally been down for most of the time.

It's jolly decent of @Dave Bishop to offer it here first to help keep it within the community and I'm surprised @Tilt_Birmingham didn't follow through to buy it as it's an ideal theme for a barcade.

Oh and if you're worried about the economy tanking you wouldn't be frequenting this forum as it's not a way to save money... :thumbs:

They are a one man band making machines to sell so they can given people machines whom they owed for years? And lied about why they couldn’t ship games.

It’s great that they are trying to resolve this but the fact they have stolen money already you might understand why someone would be weary about giving any cash until the game ships.

I’m personally not worried about the economy tanking but others might who end up with a 10K paperweight that they can’t move on!

It’s great that they are trying to resolve this but the fact they have stolen money already you might understand why someone would be weary about giving any cash until the game ships.

It's @Dave Bishop you'd be paying not Dutch pinball.

I’m personally not worried about the economy tanking but others might who end up with a 10K paperweight that they can’t move on!

Like Alien, for which people are paying big money for and there is a support group on pinside and has just had another code release?

To counter Neil's none working games over the years, I've played it a few times mainly at the Dutch and German expos.

To chime in, I’ve had my Lebowski since May 2016. It was number eight off the line so I think it’s fair to assume that they were still learning as they went at that point.

I had recurring issues with the bowling alley for a few months but once those were sorted my game has been 100% reliable in home use, which can’t be said for the other machines I’ve bought since then, including quite a few NIB Sterns, a NIB Spooky and a NIB JJP. It’s actually the most reliable game I own at this point.

I’m not convinced that it would hold up as well on location as has been noted. Most parts are B/W so easily replaced, but they did make some strange design choices, particularly with the construction of the subways. I’ve heard stories of them coming apart on location games, but I think DP may have also tweaked some of the designs for the new games.

Regardless, from my experience I personally wouldn’t worry at all about buying one for home use - and if you do want one this is a great deal considering that the alternative is paying over £2k more and being at the back of the line.

Think this would be the fourth in the UK?

It’s exactly the same as highway pinball enthusiast with absolutely no idea on business or what it would cost to get up and running hence they relied on pre order money when all that is spent and no product is anywhere near being produced then you are in the **** with no funding they are now relying on people actually buying the game again like your self Dave to fund the ones that people have paid for 6 years ago this is effectively trading insolvent and not legal
I have seen the game several time times and it looks nice the game play does nothing for me neither does the theam
When they turned up for the eag show in London again it was same as highway man last minute and the game didn’t work they spent more time with there head in it than people actually playing it a total embarrassment to be honest but both guys where nice people

I would absolutely love this. I can't afford it obviously. My gf is mega obsessed with Big Lebowski. We must watch it three times a year minimum. There's Lebowskifest framed pictures on the walls. She quotes it endlessly and said the only pin allowed to live downstairs would be this. Glws. Game is stunning and would really tie the room together, would it not.

Mate, that sounds like you have a pass for two pinball machines to me...........😀

Back
Top Bottom