What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Stern insider connected system.

hearing there might not be insider kits to put on your existing games until next year!

So I wonder what happens now if you register your pin then sell it at a later date? Is the Insider Connected transferable?

So I wonder what happens now if you register your pin then sell it at a later date? Is the Insider Connected transferable?

You register the machine by the serial number, not a QR code.
You can unregister your machine when you sell it.
I assume that the new owner will then reregister under their name/ insideraccount

@Sven Normansson or can we all use that qr code?
The QR code on the machine isn't game specific, it just directs to the insider.stern page

Last edited:
Seems a bit limited at the minute, apart from getting code updates by wifi which is very handy.

Comparing high scores with others is OK but not really worth the cost of buying a kit.

Any more features coming? An app would be good too.

I'm actually quite happy that they went with a mobile-friendly website rather than an app.

There's no reason for an app, and a website is accessible from any device not just goog/aapl.

I'm also sick of every single company wanting to install their shïtty app on my device, not to mention exfiltrate as much data as they can and sell it.

Ultimately though I suspect the reason they went for a website is because it costs less to develop and maintain.

Played some GZ today with @mission65.
We have registered on Insider connect, but when QR code put down to scan the game made a “bong” sound but nothing happened.

I have registered my game with Stern, it is connected to the internet.
Is there a timeframe before game activated and Insider connect registers?

Played some GZ today with @mission65.
We have registered on Insider connect, but when QR code put down to scan the game made a “bong” sound but nothing happened.

I have registered my game with Stern, it is connected to the internet.
Is there a timeframe before game activated and Insider connect registers?

Worked instantly for me after registering the machine

Dave - you also need goto on your web browser insider->Account->Machines and then accept. Then it should work along with updates online.

Ah, thanks @Neil McRae. Just checked and apparently no machines registered.

But I have done this twice now.. scanned the QR code on the attached piece of paper.
Put details and submitted..

Guess I will try again tomorrow

Ah, thanks @Neil McRae. Just checked and apparently no machines registered.

But I have done this twice now.. scanned the QR code on the attached piece of paper.
Put details and submitted..

Guess I will try again tomorrow
I thought the code needed came up on the LCD if I remember right. Have a look in the settings on the pin 👍

Stats haven't updated for any of the people I'm following since I started following them. Except for @mufcmufc 's high score, anyone else noticed this?

Stats haven't updated for any of the people I'm following since I started following them. Except for @mufcmufc 's high score, anyone else noticed this?
I didn't play yesterday 😱, maybe others are playing but not connecting to their account?

I see it shows @Neil McRae as playing the LE 6 times and the Pro 20 times - Pro for the win :clap:
Or after you start, both work (for me)
After you start seems strange. It means you could play dozens of games but only register your game on the last ball if you're doing well, kind of defeats the object - but it could be useful if you forget to sign in before starting a game.

One thing I noticed from the stream - If you move the registered player to player 2, you only need to press start once to start a 2 player game (it fills in all the lower players automatically). It happened a couple of times when we pressed start twice and it started a 3 player game, couldn't figure it out at the time, but looking back that was the issue. I'd be ****ed on site if used credits up that way.

I didn't play yesterday 😱, maybe others are playing but not connecting to their account?

I see it shows @Neil McRae as playing the LE 6 times and the Pro 20 times - Pro for the win :clap:

After you start seems strange. It means you could play dozens of games but only register your game on the last ball if you're doing well, kind of defeats the object - but it could be useful if you forget to sign in before starting a game.

Only tried it on ball 1 when realised I wasn't logged in
One thing I noticed from the stream - If you move the registered player to player 2, you only need to press start once to start a 2 player game (it fills in all the lower players automatically). It happened a couple of times when we pressed start twice and it started a 3 player game, couldn't figure it out at the time, but looking back that was the issue. I'd be ****ed on site if used credits up that way.

It's in settings somewhere (not sure where but I've seen it) and you can turn it off

Back
Top Bottom