What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Stern insider connected system.

I've been barely interested in Insider Connected so far, in it's current state I can see it getting old pretty fast. However, I just watched a fair amount of the Godzilla Heads up tournament ( not all of it, it's 4 1/2 hours long! ) which made me think ( hope! ) about what IC should become. Seems to me this is exactly the kind of thing that would make Insider connected a huge hit and even worth paying a sub for ( I'm very anti-subscription normally!! ) . These little mini games ( bit like pingolf but head to head ) would be awesome over IC. Also, a Battle Royale/eliminator type of game ( Pinball Royale ? ) with many people playing at once and last place getting eliminated at regular time intervals would be amazing. Have Stern confirmed yet if head to head play is coming?

Last edited:
A few of our regulars say they love scanning in and can l please add it to other games. Key word unfortunately is few. Cant justify fitting to stranger things for example for 5 customers.

I’ve ordered kits for all my games that take them for home and at the club.

Those of you that have a Batman LE or SLE you will need one of these because our games are so jammed with Batman Gadgets:

I'm testing a UK equivalent today to see if it works and will confirm.

Live leaderboards have been added to IC, at least a global Godzilla leaderboard. Also locations can create leaderboards, but not home accounts. A quick game on GZ to see if it's working and I'm 3rd in the world! 🏆 :DWon't last long with that score! :rofl:.

Screenshot_20220616_154449_com.android.chrome.jpg

Live leaderboards have been added to IC, at least a global Godzilla leaderboard. Also locations can create leaderboards, but not home accounts. A quick game on GZ to see if it's working and I'm 3rd in the world! 🏆 :DWon't last long with that score! :rofl:.

View attachment 173198
Stern Pinball, Inc., expands its Insider Connected service with the worldwide launch of leaderboards. By connecting the universe of Stern pinball machines, the award-winning Insider Connected platform continues to enhance and extend player engagement with games across both home and commercial environments. Through Leaderboards, players can compete against each other across connected Stern pinball machines.

Do you have what it takes to be the worldwide King of the Monsters? Test yourself by competing in the first ever worldwide Stern Leaderboard on any connected Godzilla pinball machine! Starting now through June 30th, log in with your Insider Connected account to any Godzilla pinball machine at your home or at a location near you. For full details, read the official press release here.​

Tune in to Jack Danger's Dead Flip stream TONIGHT at 6pm CT to watch his ascension up the worldwide Godzilla Leaderboard charts while also showcasing how operators can set-up their very own location leaderboards!​

Just had an email about it.

As I've just said in the Godzilla thread, I suspect that there will be some ridiculously high scores "achieved".

Wtf happened to the leaderboard? It seems to have completely reset.

Edit... Never mind, they seem to have added a separate leaderboard for verified locations..

You can add your QR code to your apple or android wallet. (finally).

Is there a facility to remove the insider thingy and just have a traditional apron or perhaps a blanking plate?

Is there a facility to remove the insider thingy and just have a traditional apron or perhaps a blanking plate?

I don't think so, and some games will now stop working mid game if there is no reader.

I don't think so, and some games will now stop working mid game if there is no reader.
Are you sure Neil? There are loads of machines with the latest code but no IC connected. Or do you mean once a scanner has been connected you can't do without?

Yes you need the scanner initially.

but for all of you that like Cleland type mixes - they are now dead if you want to keep SIC working

I installed scorbit on the new code, and it no longer lets me login to SIC says the SD Card is mangled - game still plays ok but no SIC.

pinside will blow up tonight :D

Neil.

I installed scorbit on the new code, and it no longer lets me login to SIC says the SD Card is mangled - game still plays ok but no SIC.

So, it's just another chapter of the DRM v Cracking battle, depends if enough people will skills/time take a look at it. I doubt Stern have done anything fancy by buying a DRM solution and most home rolled systems can be sidestepped pretty easily.

For those with machines connected to IC using Hometeam with no QR reader connected ( the cheapskate way :) ) if you want to update those machines you'll have to either reconnect a QR reader or update the old way via a USB stick. I've just done all mine via USB, it's so much quicker anyway.

For those with machines connected to IC using Hometeam with no QR reader connected ( the cheapskate way :) ) if you want to update those machines you'll have to either reconnect a QR reader or update the old way via a USB stick. I've just done all mine via USB, it's so much quicker anyway.
Nice one Kev, good to know that little hack still works 👍 as you say, USB is just quicker anyway.

Back
Top Bottom