What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new respect for operators

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

so been running my ST:TNG on location in my office. one of the guys in my office goes to play and i watch standing right next to him. The coin gets stuck and he immediately starts pounding on the machine like it took off with his first born. Couldn't freaking believe it.

so been running my ST:TNG on location in my office. one of the guys in my office goes to play and i watch standing right next to him. The coin gets stuck and he immediately starts pounding on the machine like it took off with his first born. Couldn't freaking believe it.

... and how did you react?

No fun when game belongs to you!

But in arcades everyone did this. Sometimes you got coin back, other times got more than one coin back. And occasionally free games would magically appear.

Was always worth giving a game a whack if no one was looking ;):rolleyes:

I reacted somewhat better than I expect LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make them pay ?

You tight git, get it on free play and spread the love

You just have to switch off to it. It's painful but they're built to withstand it or they wouldn't still be here at 20+ years old. Seen handbags emptied out on the glass, drinks balanced on the lockbar, kicked and punched.

Picked a tough one to operate Neil
I know it was only the mech and it is the common component on all site machines
But I gave up on widebodies years ago
My experience was that the WB's were right at the limit of wpc89 architecture and after the success of TAF. lawlor got a blank cheque for TZ so went for it ! But reliability after 24 years subject to the abuse of Joe public is more than Tricky. Try a JD or a RS or IJ in the wild they need constant cuddles and triage

You just have to switch off to it. It's painful but they're built to withstand it or they wouldn't still be here at 20+ years old. Seen handbags emptied out on the glass, drinks balanced on the lockbar, kicked and punched.
They aren't though are they pins on site is rare nowadays I know a lot of operators personally and the income does not justify the expense, Even fruits are declining due to multiple social issues...working patterns smoke bans online gambling etc etc etc

Actually so far this machine has been pretty reliable (since I got it 6 months or so ago) it's done £200 since Monday but suspect some of that's novelty. I got the machine from a guy who had it for years - it had come in from Germany and apart from a little battery acid which i put a new board in although the old one seems to work fine since clean up. One of the coin chutes doesn't always give credits even though the coin goes thru the right way going to try and move it to the other chute and see if it helps. The cannon mechs sound a bit rough so suspect that'll be the next thing I need to look at - fingers crossed!

Put your hand in your own pocket, not your workers fat cat

Oh and you are an ugly fat bastard who pretends to do good off the backs of others if we are gonna insult people we don't know :D

And how did you know my nuts were numb ?

The biggest problem....... by a MILE !!
Is the site doesn't tell you if there is a problem or doesn't care so when things are starting to melt or self destruct it destroys itself till the game becomes unplayable
That's the difference between home and site easier to police in the office well done on 200 plays in a week wish I had machines doing that revenue

The biggest problem....... by a MILE !!
Is the site doesn't tell you if there is a problem or doesn't care so when things are starting to melt or self destruct it destroys itself till the game becomes unplayable
That's the difference between home and site easier to police in the office well done on 200 plays in a week wish I had machines doing that revenue
Yeah, I'd see that being a problem. I have one sited and the bar manager is great. Any problems and he let's me know straight away. He even has abit of knowledge on them now so can even do odd jobs himself. I'd say that you can't really expect to make alot of money at it. It's more of a hobby and to get them out in the wild. Repairs and labour do cost. Any money i take out of it goes back into it someway or another.

My TAF gets some rough treatment in the bar. I had a couple of guys recently put beer mats under the front legs as they were complaining that it was too steep and too hard. They couldn't even get 100m. I told them I had posted 700m+ as it is so can't be too hard. Guess they just weren't good at pinball. It was also recently was out of action for a day due to 'broken' coin mech. After help from this forum and me mistakenly looking for an electrical fault found that some dip sh*t kids had loaded the coin hole with cocktail sticks. Nice.

I see you have a new avatar Tony, does that mean you're excited about the new remake ;)

I am pleased they are making them as it is my fave game, but in my quest for a lovely original, i now have 3, one stripped with a new playfield to be put in, one at home i am playing in very nice condition and a manny cabbed one at work.

I would look at buying a cactus canyon, especially as they would hopefully finnish the code

want to see the new topper though looks like it could be cool

My TAF gets some rough treatment in the bar. I had a couple of guys recently put beer mats under the front legs as they were complaining that it was too steep and too hard. They couldn't even get 100m. I told them I had posted 700m+ as it is so can't be too hard. Guess they just weren't good at pinball. It was also recently was out of action for a day due to 'broken' coin mech. After help from this forum and me mistakenly looking for an electrical fault found that some dip sh*t kids had loaded the coin hole with cocktail sticks. Nice.
Straws are more common in my neck of the woods

TAF at arcade club runs an average of 400 games a weekend!! And survives
everything on free play mostly played by kids they get leathered , soon to be moved downstairs where it is 18+ still not an easy life but at least adults are a little restrained

3 of my coin doors are partially caved in, to greater or lesser extents, and need rebending or replacing at some point.

Given how hard you'd have to knee them to do this, I can only imagine that the perpetrators came off rather worse than the machines.

Operator handy hint .... remove the coin return flap stops jams when idiots keep feeding then start fighting the machine

I've also added some plastic that encourages the coins towards the coin exit as my ST:TNG has three mechs that share an exit tunnel.

Most reliable games for site use are The Addams Family and Fish Tales bar none.

Thought we were talking games that people wanted to play. :p
Great earner on site
Ok for the 0.000001% of the population on this site it's not a favourite
But to Joe public muggles it looks like magic gameplay is "easy" decent call outs and is usually working

Back
Top Bottom