What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Thanks for the welcome. Its an Atlantis. I remember seeing a video about one a couple of years ago. It looked fun and the shots looked like they wouldn't be rage inducingly difficult for a pinball newbie (unlike the Judge Dredd i played a while ago!).

Been having a lot of fun with it so far.
Ah very nice, never had the chance to play one before but it looks very interesting though, enjoy it dude 👍

Well, as I suppose it's traditional when joining a forum, I'm here to say hi! I'm old-n00b in that I've owned pins before but alas had to sell my entire collection 10 years or so back. Yesterday I received delivery of my first pins since then. I went for Street Fighter 2, and Rescue 911, both are Gottliebs from the same era, and SF2 has special memories for me as it was the first pin I bought for myself waay back when (although the second pin I ever owned, as I had a Strange Science as a teenager).

So somewhere in my head is a bit of history and experience with pins, yet at the same time accessing it is looking tricky, hence old-n00b :)

Expect some rookie questions whilst I get back into the swing of things!!!

Hi, My name is Gary Flower, I was Chairman of the Pinball Owners Association in the 1970s and have been writing about pinball ever since. I currently write for Replay magazine (USA) and have also written for Coin Slot (UK), Amusement Business (Europe), Playmeter (USA) and The PinGame Journal, amongst others.

Found some floppy disks recently containing ancient articles. I recovered the attached published in Amusement Business 1996 on the subject of the Future of Pinball.

If there's any interest I could post more articles here.

Attachments

• AB1.docx
    22.1 KB · Views: 19
Hmm, according to the system i need to post in the newbie thread...

My name is John. I have been into sniffing pinballs for some time now. It first started, with a casual sniff of the side art and rapidly progressed to fingering the coin slots and before I knew it i was sniffing legs and the main cable entry into the machine. It almost cost me my life after drooling on an exposed live part once. If t wasn't for the quick thinking of a passing RCD, I wouldn't be here today. This is my story. Newbies be aware, the obsession grows - one table leads to two, two leads to four... I am in recovery and haven't had a sniff in over 8 months. Manuals help! But I still catch myself leaning in for a quick sniff. Anyway, you are not alone - never forget that. Sniffer, licker, fixer or plain Jane player - all are welcome in the church of the silver ball. Bless you all.

I must have introduced myself wrongly then but there is only so many times I can post in here and say Hello and I not look like a nutter.

System also saying I need to post in the newbie thread too

Ian & son Dan, I started playing pinball in the bars in French Alps, 1994, whilst being a ski bum for a season!

Check out Dan's website, http://www.devonpinball.co.uk/ if down in the Southwest in the holidays, beer is the normal entrance fee to friends ;)

I play pinball and wind folks up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Currently hold the World Tombstone Champion 2006-Present Day Title.

Not sure about that, I can vouch that Lee Buck had over 100 tombstoned... :thumbs:

Looked for a house with a big garden so I could build a large gamesroom to put them all in... found one, built the games-room and filled it with machines stacked on end... only space to set about 4 games up and over 100 stacked on end.
Since then I moved to Czech, not for pinball reasons! And am now in the process of building another games room... all the pins were shipped out here in 2 articulated lorries about 4 years ago... and are in rented storage (storage is cheaper than in the UK thank god!).

I always thought I had posted in here previously. But apparently not.
Well now, yes but not then though

Hello boys and girls, ive been registered on here a little while but this morning noticed my account requests you post in the newbie thread oops!. So hello, Im Dave i have a pinball problem and I live in sunny Birmingham :clap:

Hello boys and girls, ive been registered on here a little while but this morning noticed my account requests you post in the newbie thread oops!. So hello, Im Dave i have a pinball problem and I live in sunny Birmingham :clap:
Hey. Not sure posting here will clear the notification, didn’t for me.

Afternoon folks. PAblo here, Manchester. Looking to sort out a "games room" now kids have effed off and give us our gaff back! Am after a decent virtual pinball machine if you're looking to get rid! 😁

Back
Top Bottom