What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hello everyone! I'm a new member here and a total noobie when it comes to owning a machine. My name is Hok and I live near junction 9 of the M25. I've been fascinated by pinball machines for a while but have only very recently taken the plunge to own one. Due to a limited budget, I decided my best option would be an EM. I figured that an EM would be a good first machine to enable me to learn the basics of maintaining and repairing machines. From my research, Gottlieb made generally good machines. I also wanted a family friendly game. I'm now the proud owner of a Gottlieb Masquerade that was made in 1966. It gets better each time I play it! It has a certain charm that I really like. Those bell sounds certainly bring back great memories!
Thanks for a great forum - very friendly and informative.

Hi Hok, I'm not a million miles from Leatherhead. Welcome 👍

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone. I'm loving owning my own machine. Plucked up the courage to open up the machine to sort out a couple of loose bulb holders and it wasn't too scary!

Hello Hok,

Pop into Flip Out if you get a chance. I have a number of EM machines there that are available if you are interested?

Matt

Welcome @HokP. You're well catered for here in the south east. Flip Out isn't too far, Neil puts on a few events during the year in Woking and Chief Coffee isn't too far either.

Welcome @HokP. You're well catered for here in the south east. Flip Out isn't too far, Neil puts on a few events during the year in Woking and Chief Coffee isn't too far either.
Thanks @Slimetime . I'm looking forward to visiting Flip Out later this month. Is Domino Arcade in Woking only available for special events? It should be pretty easy for me to get to. And thanks for making me aware of Chief Coffee. Didn't know about it until I saw your post.

Thanks @Slimetime . I'm looking forward to visiting Flip Out later this month. Is Domino Arcade in Woking only available for special events? It should be pretty easy for me to get to. And thanks for making me aware of Chief Coffee. Didn't know about it until I saw your post.
That's right. Neil is a top bloke who puts on fantastic events.

Funball 4 is a great series of events that occur during the autumn and are hosted by those in the south east. It's understandable that these events may not happen this year.

Thanks Matt. I have registered to visit on 16th August. Can't wait!

Just to set expectation, we, Flip Out, have one semi-working (at the moment it’s not) EM on the floor. But we have 60 odd other machines.

Matt has a bunch of EM’s of London Pinball that aren’t playable at Flip Out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just to set expectation, we, Flip Out, have one semi-working (at the moment it’s not) EM on the floor. But we have 60 odd other machines.

Matt has a bunch of EM’s of London Pinball that aren’t playable at Flip Out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the information Neil. As a noobie, I'm interested in trying different types of pins so Flip Out is perfect for me. And it's fantastic value for money.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for having me. Been a collector of arcade machines for a few years now and want to start getting into Pinball Machines.

Played a few and looking forward to finding out about more.

im on a few forums for arcade collecting as Neoretro so a few will know me from there.

Thanks

Dave

New to the group, but not new to pinball - played a lot in the late 80s early 90s when almost every pub had a pinball. Bought my first machine in 2001 whilst living in Hong Kong and then grew the collection there and also whilst in Malaysia. On returning to the UK in 2007, I felt I had the balance of shipping about right - one container for the pinballs and the other container for the furniture and household effects. Kids are now grown up, so finding more time (and space) to get back to the addiction. Collection centred around early 90s Bally/Williams. Most of the collection was bought in "straight out of the arcade" condition, so many hours spent repairing and restoring (which I enjoy as much as playing) but there is noting like finding a gem under all the dirt. Paul

Hi everyone,

Thanks for having me. Been a collector of arcade machines for a few years now and want to start getting into Pinball Machines.

Played a few and looking forward to finding out about more.

im on a few forums for arcade collecting as Neoretro so a few will know me from there.

Thanks

Dave

Welcome mate, I see you're from Leigh.

I'm on a jolly-up in The Peterboat next weekend 🦈🌊

Hi,

Just joined the forum so thought I'd say Hi :)

Had a Gotlieb Playmates machine over 40 years ago which was a birthday present (probably 12th birthday iirc). Sadly it eventually ended up in a skip :(

Decided the time is probably right to buy another machine so reading as much as I can and seeing what's out there. Don't intend on becoming a collector but I'm told everyone says that!

Folk seem to suggest playing as many as possible before buying so any suggestions on best place in the Midlands with a good selection to play (I'm Nottingham based).
Think I'm looking to spend upto £2K but difficult not to be tempted by the higher tech higher priced machines :)

Paul

Hi,

Had a Gotlieb Playmates machine over 40 years ago which was a birthday present (probably 12th birthday iirc). Sadly it eventually ended up in a skip :(

Decided the time is probably right to buy another machine so reading as much as I can and seeing what's out there. Don't intend on becoming a collector but I'm told everyone says that!

Folk seem to suggest playing as many as possible before buying so any suggestions on best place in the Midlands with a good selection to play (I'm Nottingham based).
Think I'm looking to spend upto £2K but difficult not to be tempted by the higher tech higher priced machines :)

Paul

Hi Paul, good luck. I'm sure something decent will be up very soon.

Welcome to the forum @paul1962 :thumbs:

I was in Long Eaton until recently with a few games setup you could have come and had a go on but I've moved and only got 1 pin setup to play at the moment. You're more than welcome to come round once I've got my games up and running again but it could be a few months.

Hi all, some of you may remember me but I thought I'd post in New Members cos I've been away so long.
I bought and sold a couple of machines from members on here a while back.

Bought: Roadshow, STTNG, Shadow
Sold: Twilight Zone (never should have sold that!) RFM, Roadshow, STTNG

I can't remember who I sold to, hope they are being cared for well by the new owners!

This site was a god send. I was a total newb to pinball ownership and I was very appreciative of all the help and support this community gave me.

Anyway, life got busy and I sort of lost the pinball addiction. My Shadow and Dracula went into storage.

I've just retired and realised that I never lost the addition at all. I pulled out my Dracula and boy it all came flooding back.

So, with a little more time on my hands I'm gonna lurk and read with interest - I hope everyone is well and that life has been kind to you all.

I've got over 6,000 updates to read so that's alot of catching up to do.

All it's gonna take is a quick visit to TILT and I suspect my addiction will return full on ;-)

jon

Good afternoon all. Name is Simon (aka Howzer) living in Brighton. Had two recent visits to Flip Out with another tomorrow. Owned TAF and Indy 1993 for 5+ years and didn’t realise how spoiled I was. Had to sell when moved house but would love to have both back now. Own a Batman Forever (which I might trade) and Sopranos which I love. Can do basic cleaning but clueless re anything complicated but would like to learn more. This Forum is fantastic and hopefully we can all learn something. When I visit Flip Out I’m like a kid at Christmas so hopefully tomorrow I can be a “bit more mature” and focus on playing a few tables more often to get to know them 😂😂 Cheers for now

Hi,

Paul
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @paul1962,

Hi all, some of you may remember me but I thought I'd post in New Members cos I've been away so long.
I bought and sold a couple of machines from members on here a while back.

Bought: Roadshow, STTNG, Shadow
Sold: Twilight Zone (never should have sold that!) RFM, Roadshow, STTNG

I can't remember who I sold to, hope they are being cared for well by the new owners!

This site was a god send. I was a total newb to pinball ownership and I was very appreciative of all the help and support this community gave me.

Anyway, life got busy and I sort of lost the pinball addiction. My Shadow and Dracula went into storage.

I've just retired and realised that I never lost t hhhe addition at all. I pulled out my Dracula and boy it all came flooding back.

So, with a little more time on my hands I'm gonna lurk and read with interest - I hope everyone is well and that life has been kind to you all.

I've got over 6,000 updates to read so that's alot of catching up to do.

All it's gonna take is a quick visit to TILT and I suspect my addiction will return full on ;-)

jon
welcome.gifback to Pinball Info @Jonwolf .

Back
Top Bottom