What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hello
I feel new after being out of things for a while. I bought a crazy house that that still isn't half finished and then had a kid to make it harder to complete. I got frustrated with all social media and spent the last few years with only myself to argue with, which hasn't really helped my sanity
Since my job has made me work from home, I spend a bit more time in here and the itch is coming back.
A quick message to Mooseman last week reminded me I need to come say hello.
Geoff The Ref

Dude! Welcome back [emoji106]

Hello
I feel new after being out of things for a while. I bought a crazy house that that still isn't half finished and then had a kid to make it harder to complete. I got frustrated with all social media and spent the last few years with only myself to argue with, which hasn't really helped my sanity
Since my job has made me work from home, I spend a bit more time in here and the itch is coming back.
Geoff The Ref

Lovely titles in that line up!

Lovely titles in that line up!
Thank you, I am a sucker for the early 90's Williams/Bally/Midway games. Tommy need some work but it hasn't ever got close to a look in because I haven't clicked with it or it's technology.

Hello
Geoff The Ref

Hi Geoff!
Welcome back

I can't stand social media but also can't avoid it, at least we have places like this that are mostly free of all the politics on places like Facebook :)

May I ask the width of your 'shed'(?) in that photo, I am moving somewhere with a room thats long and narrow and I love the idea of having a computer in a corner like that!

The cabin is 372cm wide which isn't wide enough to have two row facing into the centre, without strange angles. The desk is 160 and Tommy would be playable if I did have the speaker and disco light stands in the way. I originally had the desk facing the windows on the right but this set up allows me to see the main garden where the kid plays.
What train are you driving in that picture?

The cabin is 372cm wide which isn't wide enough to have two row facing into the centre, without strange angles. The desk is 160 and Tommy would be playable if I did have the speaker and disco light stands in the way. I originally had the desk facing the windows on the right but this set up allows me to see the main garden where the kid plays.
What train are you driving in that picture?

Ah a whole metre wider than the room in my new place (if I ever get there!), it doesn't look that wide in the photo. Where i'm moving has a room 5.6m long and 2.72m wide. Depends if I want to fill the entire wall with pins, if not I can do something like a desk at the end :)
Your room looks great, like it could be quite cosy when the sun goes down :)

It's a class 321, our bread and butter on the Great Eastern! although not for much longer.

Edited post to make more sense:oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:
The disco lights help with the night time, it has managed electrical heating so it can be very cosy. Just never used in anger in a night time pin session.

What trains are you getting as replacements? Thought I recognised them from my travels in Essexshire.

The disco lights help with the night time, it has managed electrical heating so it can be very cosy. Just never used in anger in a night time pin session.

What trains are you getting as replacements? Thought I recognised them from my travels in Essexshire.

New fangled ones known as Class 720s, same family as what Crossrail/TFL rail has and overground, so the region is going to be very boring for spotters!
I like the 321s but the seat isn't the comfiest for a tall person. Looking forward to new trains just for the comfort factor really.

Never used in anger 😂

The speaker is 500w so it can be heard over the pins. We use to have large parties that went in into the night, now to go to bed early in case we get woken by the kid. Damn, I feel so old. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi everyone, Nicola from Switzerland. Looking for Pitch&Bat baseball machines for my collection. Very hard to come by on the Mainland, thought i'd try my luck here..:

Hi everyone, I'm Rich from the Isle of Wight. I've only recently got into pinball, although I did occasionally play in arcades in the 80s and 90s. I've been mainly into video arcade machines, buying one about 8 years ago, and then somehow ending up with 25+! I've been really enjoying various virtual pins in VPX and also in VR, but find myself wanting a small collection in actual reality! Looking forward to being part of this friendly community - any other Isle of Wight members here?

Hi everyone, I'm Rich from the Isle of Wight. I've only recently got into pinball, although I did occasionally play in arcades in the 80s and 90s. I've been mainly into video arcade machines, buying one about 8 years ago, and then somehow ending up with 25+! I've been really enjoying various virtual pins in VPX and also in VR, but find myself wanting a small collection in actual reality! Looking forward to being part of this friendly community - any other Isle of Wight members here?

Rich dude welcome. You're the chap that built my Jpac PC back along, we chatted just the other day on VAC. Good to see you're getting into your pinball!

Hi Rich

I grew up on the Island in 70s and 80s and often frequented most of the arcades mainly Ryde and Sandown but also Ventnor and Shanklin. Moved to mainland in early 90s to Poole/Bournemouth area and now near Swanage.

Also collect videos (early 80s) with my first one Joust coming from Arcadia in Ryde in 92. Still have half my vid collection but now focus more is on pins and have 17 or so.

Which arcade machines have you got?

Cheers
Greg

Rich dude welcome. You're the chap that built my Jpac PC back along, we chatted just the other day on VAC. Good to see you're getting into your pinball!

Thanks, yes I remember! Great to see you on here too - I thought there'd be some UKVAC guys around, as various members recommended this place!

Hi Rich

I grew up on the Island in 70s and 80s and often frequented most of the arcades mainly Ryde and Sandown but also Ventnor and Shanklin. Moved to mainland in early 90s to Poole/Bournemouth area and now near Swanage.

Also collect videos (early 80s) with my first one Joust coming from Arcadia in Ryde in 92. Still have half my vid collection but now focus more is on pins and have 17 or so.

Which arcade machines have you got?

Cheers
Greg

Hi Greg, I grew up around the Bognor area but came over to the IOW occasionally before moving here 20 years ago. There were some great arcades here, some with classic machines til fairly recently (still a TMNT in Sandown Pier I believe!). Several of mine came from Arcadia when they downsized (Outrun DLX, Hard Drivin, Daytona Twin, XMEN 4 player, Enduro DLX, Space Invaders). Jealous of your Joust! I'm hoping to have a more balanced video to pin ratio like yourself!

Hi Greg, I grew up around the Bognor area but came over to the IOW occasionally before moving here 20 years ago. There were some great arcades here, some with classic machines til fairly recently (still a TMNT in Sandown Pier I believe!). Several of mine came from Arcadia when they downsized (Outrun DLX, Hard Drivin, Daytona Twin, XMEN 4 player, Enduro DLX, Space Invaders). Jealous of your Joust! I'm hoping to have a more balanced video to pin ratio like yourself!

Good haul. Have vague recollection seeing you post that on ukvac. A mate of mine locally has an Enduro Racer and Hang On and loves Outrun.

I used to go back to Island once a year or so and would check out Arcadia and Sandown Pier but used to make me sad how Arcadia was a pale imitation of its former self in the glory days but guess no different from any other arcade but always felt it more there.

Good haul. Have vague recollection seeing you post that on ukvac. A mate of mine locally has an Enduro Racer and Hang On and loves Outrun.

I used to go back to Island once a year or so and would check out Arcadia and Sandown Pier but used to make me sad how Arcadia was a pale imitation of its former self in the glory days but guess no different from any other arcade but always felt it more there.
I understand that sadness. There is a street leading to Southport pier that had pins galore in the 80s/90s. I walk up there now and wish they were all still there. Even Super Mario, Rocky/Raven.

Hi all, and thanks for the add.
I'm looking for a pinball for my wife, who has wanted one for quite a few years now. One of her favourite games as a kid on holiday in the seaside arcades of the 1970's.
So I am tasked with researching and hopefully sourcing a machine.
Now, really am out of my depth here, so please be kind. Angie is looking for a game from the late 60's early 70's, no pin in particular, but pre the fantastic modern all singing and dancing machines nowadays. I would want a good machine with no gremlins or issues, in good working order, but not without some period wear to the cabinets.
Can someone please offer any advice and hints on what I need to be looking for and some form of price guide.
I have found two pictures of machines that look to be around the period, and type that Angie like.
Apologies if I shouldn't be using the pictures, but as reference only to better explain the type of machines of interest
Thanks all
Tim :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200610-221207_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200610-221207_Facebook.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 20
  • FB_IMG_1591823425161.jpg
    FB_IMG_1591823425161.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 18
Welcome Tim, you're looking at Electro Mechanical games, those are reasonably uncomplicated BUT machines do go wrong. Luckily, there's normally someone to help on the forum or someone not too far away. Might be worth popping round to some league meets or a show when they get going befor emaking a purchase. I'd say you can pick up something like you're after for £500-£1k

Welcome Tim, you're looking at Electro Mechanical games, those are reasonably uncomplicated BUT machines do go wrong. Luckily, there's normally someone to help on the forum or someone not too far away. Might be worth popping round to some league meets or a show when they get going befor emaking a purchase. I'd say you can pick up something like you're after for £500-£1k
Thanks for the reply.
Although not sure on what machine Angie actually wants, I'm confident we can find what she wants. I agree it's always better to try before buying. Where can I find out about any shows etc?

Hi All,

I thought I should say hello on here after my first and only thread sparked a lot of helpful feedback.

I am completely new to the hobby and yet to make my first purchase but will be looking to add my first pin to a house I will be moving into in a couple months that has a large games room ready and waiting.

I still have no idea what I will be going for but been watching a lot of youtube videos for inspiration and driving the missus crazy.

Any way, just wanted to say hello to you all.

👍

Welcome to the forum Tim @Longbow I see you're in Gods county (Notts), I'm in Long Eaton. You and Angie are more than welcome to come round and play some of my games once lockdown is over if that's of any help with making a decision :thumbs: I've not got any EM pins at the moment (only a rifle game) but have got stuff from a lot of other era's that should give you an idea of the types of things you can get.

Back
Top Bottom