What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi all,

My name is Ash, live in Devon and I’m new to the forum and I’m looking to purchase my first pin. I’m going to take some time, get my bearings. I’m also playing a few tables on the computer to get an idea of my preference.

I love some of the JJP tables (Hobbit looks great), and there’s a few Stern that interest me too - but there’s one in particular I’d love to have, Alien.

Heard spare parts are rare and I think the theme is attracting me more than anything. I believe Heighway is also no longer operating. But man, the music, table, story and modes look appealing in these early stages of my journey.

Hi Folk.

I guess I joined some time ago in the dim and distant past, but I've not posted at all.

I used to read the YahooGroup some years back and went to a few of the pinball shows. I even hosted a few pinball league meetings.

However, I've not done much pinball stuff for a few years - I stuck mine in storage when I was trying to sell my house.
I mean, I can't see why "Dining room Accomodates 4 pinball machines" and "Back Bedroom is ideal for a small lathe and milling machine" don't count as plus points".

Anyhow, having moved out of Bristol to just outside Weston Super Mare, I've spent the last couple of years too busy for much pinball at all.
My machines have spent a lot of time folded up in my barn, and now I've been trying to get them working again...

The lineup hasn't changed in ages, Bride of Pinbot, Getaway, Judge Dredd Dr Who and Star Trek: Next Generation.

Cheers,

Doug.

Ha ha , I sneakily framed the shot so it would just be visible, to see if it got any reaction.
It’s actually a 3/4 scale cab from a company called arcade 1up, which I got imported from the US. I was a bit worried as I had no real comeback if it was faulty but it works fantastically well and the emulation is spot on.
It’s got the 2 vector Atari games (sw & the lesser known esb) and also the old Rasta graphic return of the Jedi (“here goes nothing”) which hadn’t aged as well , tbh.
but,,,, I absolutely love it and not regretted it for a second, the side art , lightup marquee and nostalgia hit I get when playing it was worth every single penny.

They are now selling the Star Wars arcade 1up cab for $60 in Costco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi all,

My name is Ash, live in Devon and I’m new to the forum and I’m looking to purchase my first pin. I’m going to take some time, get my bearings. I’m also playing a few tables on the computer to get an idea of my preference.

I love some of the JJP tables (Hobbit looks great), and there’s a few Stern that interest me too - but there’s one in particular I’d love to have, Alien.

Heard spare parts are rare and I think the theme is attracting me more than anything. I believe Heighway is also no longer operating. But man, the music, table, story and modes look appealing in these early stages of my journey.

It’s not that great - very repetitive, they did a great job n the atmosphere but so many better games out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Folk.

I guess I joined some time ago in the dim and distant past, but I've not posted at all.

I used to read the YahooGroup some years back and went to a few of the pinball shows. I even hosted a few pinball league meetings.

However, I've not done much pinball stuff for a few years - I stuck mine in storage when I was trying to sell my house.
I mean, I can't see why "Dining room Accomodates 4 pinball machines" and "Back Bedroom is ideal for a small lathe and milling machine" don't count as plus points".

Anyhow, having moved out of Bristol to just outside Weston Super Mare, I've spent the last couple of years too busy for much pinball at all.
My machines have spent a lot of time folded up in my barn, and now I've been trying to get them working again...

The lineup hasn't changed in ages, Bride of Pinbot, Getaway, Judge Dredd Dr Who and Star Trek: Next Generation.

Cheers,

Doug.
welcome.gifto Pinball Info Doug, I remember you and your wife from the early pinball shows. Good to have you back.

Welcome back Slam Popeye winner ! :D

Hah! That popeye was absolutely brilliant. Loved that machine a lot, wonderful condition.

I've currently been being electrocuted (in a ticklish sort of way) by your Judge Dredd - and no, I'm still not selling it back to you.

Cheers,

Doug.

Hah! That popeye was absolutely brilliant. Loved that machine a lot, wonderful condition.

I've currently been being electrocuted (in a ticklish sort of way) by your Judge Dredd - and no, I'm still not selling it back to you.

Cheers,

Doug.

I doubt that Dredd is the cause though you definately have an earthing issue and I'm glad you remember that I have first dibs on it...!

Yeah, I certainly paid a lot more than that but $60, wow 😮 that is the bargin of the century🤩

Still, no regrets, it‘s the only arcade machine (perhaps bar outrun) that I would like to have in my office (or replica)

Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself, Im an idiot from N.Wales (we all are) that has just decided to start collecting/restoring pinball machines, which is how I found this forum,
Ive been collecting 2 weeks and so far have a 1971 Gottlieb Play Ball, this was goosed, the whole game has been stripped, the cabinet taken back to bare wood, fixed, and is now with my paint sprayer who is spraying it all up to new again, with airbrushed stencils. I managed to get it working before I stripped it, it was mainly just gummed up! its going to be serviced and the playfield needs a little attention, I will be taking the side rails to a mirror shine, as apposed the original brushed.
I like this machine as the ball is fed from the bottom between the two flippers

I have also bought a Judge Dredd, which is fully working with an original topper, I am trying to source some gold legs, I will fit the crane mod, LEDS and mirror blades then call it a day with this machine and enjoy it, I have been tempted to do the dead world mod but unsure so far!

Ive also purchased a Taxi from seller James here, It has board issues, which I will either fix, or send out to be fixed, I will inspect the rest and go from there.

last but not least I have also grabbed the bride of pinbot with DP kit from a seller here, it's in bits but doesn't look too far gone for me.

AND finally, I am hoping to add one more game this weekend, which will be 5 in 2 weeks... finish the ones I have then buy some more, unless I can spot a good priced one that needs work, I REALLY want an RFM but struggling to find one at a good price that isn't already in good condition.

My background...
I am a model car builder/collector, I build custom 1/8 scale model cars for a pretty large, repeat customer base all around the world.
I am also a collector, had 85 1/8 amalgam models in my own collection but slowly started selling them off, and about 30/40 custom models that I have built, from scratch or kits., I also build complete one off models, I have a 1/5 scale Ferrari 250 GTO being built as we speak, the bodywork is all metal we had an original Ferrari 250 GTO scanned in Germany, we then took the CAD data and made a metal shell, we are making a chassis, engine etc. I only play around with 1/8 scale or bigger ( NOT 1/18)..
A lot of them have fully working electrical systems in them.

Most of my own collection is made up of Amalgam Models, https://www.amalgamcollection.com take a look they are very good quality models, many may think the price is insane, however, many others will also think pinball machine prices are insane, each to their own :)

Anyway, Thought I would pop my head in, I hope to deal with you soon and keep your eye out for my cries for help on the forum when I Get stuck lol

EDIT : I would also like to add, everyone I have spoken too since being on these forums has been very pleasant and helpful, so thank you for that

Last edited:
Welcome to the pinball madness i sold my full 1:1 scale ferrari just to house my pins!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's dedication! I would never sell any of my real cars to house anything! So hats off to you for the real commitment 😂😂

Wow those models are quite amazing. Looking at some, you can't figure out if you are looking at the models or the actual car. Having said that, at prices equivalent to the price of a small sized car, it is aimed for a specific market. Which unfortunately I am not part of. Never mind. Welcome to the forum!

Hi Guys, Im new to your group and forum.
I must say it looks 100% with a lot of activity and info...so well done!
A bit about me, Im 51 years old, live in Exeter, South Devon and I started on arcade games and pinball in the early 80's. I have 2 younger brothers and we spent a lot of time fishing together and alongside that was all the time on acardes and pins. Either playing in chip shops, cafes, piers or aracdes...if there were games we would find them!
Over the years this faded out and our lifes changed but those times are defo some of my best.
Im a builder by trade and have a 2 or 3 man buisness that ticks along bringing me half my income. The other half of my income comes from my passion which is sea angling. I invested and started a charterboat and started a buisness running from Torquay, Im in my 3rd year and sadly thats currently shut down due to this CV outbreak we are suffering. Thankfully the building work is seeing me through.
I've owned a TZ for 5 or 6 years and it came to me half renovated and Ive added more new parts as and when required. Its now a cracking machine and although I love it Im looking to move it on for something newer and deeper.
I will add a listing for it shortly.
Anyway I hope to find the time to play more and become sociable in here if I can!
Thanks Matt

Welcome to the Madhouse Matt :)

Just checked out your Website - Once things are as close to "back to normal" as they can be, i can feel a Pinballinfo Fishing Trip coming on... :)
Thanks Paul, that'd be great! I cater for small groups of upto six and have all the gear and plenty of advice should anyone need it :)

Hi Matt, welcome.

We holiday in Devon quite frequently. I've always fancied a day out sea fishing. We'll certainly look you up next time we're down in South Devon.

Hi Matt, welcome.

We holiday in Devon quite frequently. I've always fancied a day out sea fishing. We'll certainly look you up next time we're down in South Devon.
Thanks Gonzo, I didnt expect such a reception here so this is great! Its a cracking part of the world and if youd like a fishing or sightseeing trip sometime Id be more than happy to help, Im sure you wont be dissapointed, Ive lots of 5 star reviews.
Hope things get back to normal soon, thanks Matt.

Back
Top Bottom