What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Thanks Gonzo, I didnt expect such a reception here so this is great! Its a cracking part of the world and if youd like a fishing or sightseeing trip sometime Id be more than happy to help, Im sure you wont be dissapointed, Ive lots of 5 star reviews.
Hope things get back to normal soon, thanks Matt.

My expectations are flexible Matt.

Somewhere between catching a mackerel and that film where Richard Dreyfuss went out on a boat that was slightly too small would do for me. 😉🦈

My expectations are flexible Matt.

Somewhere between catching a mackerel and that film where Richard Dreyfuss went out on a boat that was slightly too small would do for me. 😉🦈
I think I can manage that! We do have some great fishing out of Torbay. On the wrecks we have pollock, cod, conger, really great bass fishing, skerries banks for flatties, blue shark and now once again we have bluefin tuna in vast numbers! Although were not allowed to specifically target them yet.
Its not as easy as it used to be and I often need to travel to find fish but the boat is quick and its all part of the sport. I love it.

I think I can manage that! We do have some great fishing out of Torbay. On the wrecks we have pollock, cod, conger, really great bass fishing, skerries banks for flatties, blue shark and now once again we have bluefin tuna in vast numbers! Although were not allowed to specifically target them yet.
Its not as easy as it used to be and I often need to travel to find fish but the boat is quick and its all part of the sport. I love it.

Wow , that does sound like fun. Although I thought Tuna were massive (before they go into the tins obviously).

Seriously though, that sounds fantastic. And all credit to you for cutting down the building work to follow a dream.

Wow , that does sound like fun. Although I thought Tuna were massive (before they go into the tins obviously).

Seriously though, that sounds fantastic. And all credit to you for cutting down the building work to follow a dream.
Cheers, yes they are massive. I had a client catch one ladt Nov it was about 260lb which is smallish average size! I have a vid of that on my utube and facebook page

Hi guys

I am another Noob around here always been into Pinball but in the last 18months I've got my 40s become a Dad and moved into a house and all of that has spurred me to upgrade my casual passion of pinball to my hobby of choice.

welcome.gif to Pinball Info @Deadgoodnik , you are in a great area for pinball ownership. There are some great pinball collections in the North West and a great pinball league once all this madness is over and we can get back to playing pinball.

Hi all, long time lurker here. Some of you might have seen my YouTube covers of BK2K and/or JD. If not here's a shameless plug:

Currently selling my JD due to a house move 😞 Have posted it in the appropriate forum but still "awaiting approval" (I assume because I'm still a newbie).

Glad to finally say hello 👋

Last edited:
Hi All!

I'm new to the whole pinball game.. outside of alot of arcade visits! I'm looking to start buying some for the family to easy the strain of lockdown.. ideally family friendly models..However from many, many hours browsing the internet in the future I'd love to get a guardians of the galaxy or tron legacy machine!

@Ryatta Welcome aboard. 99% of Newbies say they are after "a machine". You seem to correctly realise that one is not enough. Beware though, as some realise that one home is not enough.

@Ryatta Welcome aboard. 99% of Newbies say they are after "a machine". You seem to correctly realise that one is not enough. Beware though, as some realise that one home is not enough.

@Paul R Owen

Ha! I think to me 'a machine' means one that is a low end, will be no doubt treated with.. lets say passion, from the kids and partner. Then theres the dream ones I want for myself.. or at least hidden away from the general family to play and cherish!

Hi all, another new member here who’s been lurking for a long time. I’ve not long finished converting my shed into a man cave and thought now was the right time to join the forum as I’d like a decent starter pin to go with my arcade machines. Based up on the north east coast and am really missing playing Tron at my local pool club due to lockdown. Well done with the forum guys- Any suggestions for a relatively inexpensive, family friendly theme game would be appreciated. I’d be open to Gottliebs but keep hearing they’re hard to find parts for. I’m also not that handy so am worried about buying something that needs a lot of in depth maintenance. I’m a casual player but have really enjoyed playing these in the past: Tron, Spider-Man, Gladiators, AFM, Star Trek (Stern). I kind of like three flipper dmd games and don’t want anything too old or new.

Hi all just thought i would like to say i am very happy to find this place. Lots of very knowledge people on here. I have only ever played pinball around pubs in the 90's and used to love them especially Adams Family which is clearly out my price range. I am currently looking at spending a maximum of £2k on machine. I am slightly anxious of maintenance which i understand is a big part of owning one but ready to give it a go.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Don’t worry about the maintenance mate. It will break. We will help you fix it (the royal we!) and you’ll learn to fix a lot of things on your own.
Oh and welcome aboard

Cheers hopefully some fun and probably frustrating times ahead. All i need to do now is find a machine.
Thanks Jon

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi All,
Just introducing myself, I'm Steven from sunny Redcar, North east England.
Just purchased my first pinball machine from DRD (Funhouse) on the forum and really enjoying it.
I was originally looking for an EM pinball but Funhouse looked like a really good game and a lot of fun.

DRD was a really helpful and has got the game into a great condition with everything working as it should.
The game play has been a brilliant and gets very addictive especially when you get it into frenzy mode.

Hopefully I will be able to post on here now and again and seek/give assistance when the inevitable happens lol.

Steven

Hello
I feel new after being out of things for a while. I bought a crazy house that that still isn't half finished and then had a kid to make it harder to complete. I got frustrated with all social media and spent the last few years with only myself to argue with, which hasn't really helped my sanity
Since my job has made me work from home, I spend a bit more time in here and the itch is coming back.
A quick message to Mooseman last week reminded me I need to come say hello.
Geoff The Ref

Attachments

• IMG_6316.jpg
    IMG_6316.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom