What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hi everyone, I'm new here :)

Got hooked on a couple machines we have at the office (on free play). SG and DW. I certainly prefer the former (DW kicks my butt every time).

Since I can't go into the office anymore I just bought a LotR off @Andy Hancock and I'm loving it.

Hopefully this pandemic will have died down and we can meet at Swavesey which is close to mine.

Fingers crossed, I'm not too far from Swavesy either

Hi All

Martin from Manchester.

Just got a new home pin and going to be getting a collection and build a home arcade in the coming years.

Looking forward to being a part of the family

Welcome @Wintonmartin to what was formally known as the madhouse but due to the yardstick changing is now referred to as the sanehouse™.

When you say home pin do you mean

1585988954218.png

Or a pin for the home? :D

I'm Dave from Surrey in the UK, finally getting myself an EM Pinball machine. I've been meaning to get one for the last 47 years....finally got around to it. Will be delivered once lockdown is over.
Does that mean you have just got divorced?
Only joking, welcome to the forum👍

I suppose a lot of divorced men would get an EM pinball rather than a new wife, as they're more reliable, don't make a lot of strange sounds and can happily be switched off when you don't need them ;)

I suspect my wife won't mind the endless tinkering but might get upset if I get two instead of one. I'm just working out if I can get one in the front room and one in the workshop.....shh The chimes will drive the family mad, so when I get tossed out of the front room, I can go and use the one in the workshop. I'll just need a few extra tools like a leaf switch adjuster, flexstone and a big bottle of patience (glad I kept my big soldering Iron, wish I could find my leaded solder).

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
My name is Ian and I live in Wiltshire, I started playing as a child in the 80's but had not played for a very long time to the lack of machines around these days.
I found a club earlier this year and with my 14 year old son we started attending every week and reliving my youth.
We are now both addicted to playing and absolutely love it.
We are now having withdrawal symptoms as we do not own our own machines yet but are constantly looking to change that situation.
We have downloaded all the apps on xbox and tablets to keep us going.

Ian and Harrison

A quick question, what do you all think of virtual pinball machines, thinking about setting one up as I have plenty of spare time as I have been furloughed for the time being.
Any advice welcome, would love to loan a machine but still new to the scene and appreciate we need to get better known first. Cant afford a real table at the moment due to whats happening.

A quick question, what do you all think of virtual pinball machines, thinking about setting one up as I have plenty of spare time as I have been furloughed for the time being.
Any advice welcome, would love to loan a machine but still new to the scene and appreciate we need to get better known first. Cant afford a real table at the moment due to whats happening.
IMHO virtual pinball is a million miles away from the real thing. I would just play a Playstation game, any game. It's the physicality that makes real Pinball unique.

Hi Paul,
We are just desperate for a machine rather than a controller set up. Also looking for a project to keep me occupied. I realise it wont be the same but we are bored after 3 weeks at home, I have never been off work this long since I left school. We have already built a Yagi antenna for our mobile broad band and increase the speeds. Looking to keep busy. LOL

Hi All, newbie member here, looking to dip my toes into the pinball society by getting my first ever table( need something reasonably priced and very low maintenance , not shopping for a new wife 😆) as I tried to buy solar sailors LW3 but alas it had gone. He was kind enough to spend some time chatting about Pinball and giving me some advice on tables that might fit the bill (Cheers, P).

Hi Kian, yeah I bought a mini vp table off eBay ,3 or 4 months ago and it has done the job in really getting me into pinball, so much that I am now looking at the next step, to get a real pin. I think the guy is still selling them and he is open to negotiation a bit off. He will also do a little bit of customisation in putting in a slightly better cpu/GPUs option or bigger screen etc. I think it would scratch your itch, very well, in the short term.

Just to be clear, I’ve got no affiliation with this ebayer and I know it’s somewhat frowned upon, as essentially these sellors are profiting off of the hard work of creators in the visual pinball community but just trying to give Kian my experience of VP and it would certainly help whilst in lockdown, I think.

Attachments

• D86F617E-7A6F-48FE-8717-C3B4EC1149BA.jpeg
    D86F617E-7A6F-48FE-8717-C3B4EC1149BA.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 30
  • FCEAC1A3-58CC-4DFC-856F-0A9109E85672.jpeg
    FCEAC1A3-58CC-4DFC-856F-0A9109E85672.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Its not as good as the real thing but it’s great for learning the rules and seeing if you like machine without having to buy one or hunt one down in the wild.

Also good as your only pin if you are short on space as you can have multiple games on the one unit.

I have 14 real pins and a fairly high end virtual pin with roughly 100 games on it.

Another good point for vpin, you can turn the sound and effects off if wanting to play late at night with young Una in the house or neighbours with good hearing etc

there is A slight delay between flipper press and flipper movement, probably exaggerated by playing real tables either side of playing a virtual game. The delay is a bit off putting for a game or two but your brain soon adjusts and you no longer notice it..

Like the Star Wars arcade in the background of your pictures shaky burn
Ha ha , I sneakily framed the shot so it would just be visible, to see if it got any reaction.
It’s actually a 3/4 scale cab from a company called arcade 1up, which I got imported from the US. I was a bit worried as I had no real comeback if it was faulty but it works fantastically well and the emulation is spot on.
It’s got the 2 vector Atari games (sw & the lesser known esb) and also the old Rasta graphic return of the Jedi (“here goes nothing”) which hadn’t aged as well , tbh.
but,,,, I absolutely love it and not regretted it for a second, the side art , lightup marquee and nostalgia hit I get when playing it was worth every single penny.

Back
Top Bottom