What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Good afternoon all. Name is Simon (aka Howzer) living in Brighton. Had two recent visits to Flip Out with another tomorrow. Owned TAF and Indy 1993 for 5+ years and didn’t realise how spoiled I was. Had to sell when moved house but would love to have both back now. Own a Batman Forever (which I might trade) and Sopranos which I love. Can do basic cleaning but clueless re anything complicated but would like to learn more. This Forum is fantastic and hopefully we can all learn something. When I visit Flip Out I’m like a kid at Christmas so hopefully tomorrow I can be a “bit more mature” and focus on playing a few tables more often to get to know them 😂😂 Cheers for now
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @Howzer .

Hi all. I'm Dale in Westerham. Have enjoyed pinball since as long as I can remember. I was fortunate to grow up near an arcade that had a decent selection, although have never been great at it. I have owned a TZ for about 7 years which I still get as much enjoyment out of as I did when I first started playing. Recently had a great guy come and fix my machine and he pointed me to the forum and Flip Out which I visited for the first time on Thursday. Have to say was blown away by the selection of games and the hospitality of the people, really enjoyed it, had planned to stay for an hour but that over-ran significantly. Will definitely make time to visit again. It was the first time I've played any post-90s games and I didnt have high hopes for them (assumed since the death of arcades the design and gameplay would be poor), obviously I was proven wrong. I thought the new stuff was great, particularly Iron Maiden and Batman 66.

Hi, My name is Aidan, I have a small collection of vintage coin-op amusements, I decided I would like to add a pinball machine to the collection and stumbled across this forum. I have been lurking for a while but decided a had better sign up, the forum is really awesome and hoping to get my hands on my first pin soon 🤞

Hi, My name is Aidan, I have a small collection of vintage coin-op amusements, I decided I would like to add a pinball machine to the collection and stumbled across this forum. I have been lurking for a while but decided a had better sign up, the forum is really awesome and hoping to get my hands on my first pin soon 🤞

Welcome mate

Hi evetone.

I have recently acquired a Zaccaria Pinball Champ '82 from a respected member of the group.

Unfortunately it did not travel well and I am trying my best to get it up and running as it should. It worked perfectly before transport and it was expertly delivered by Martin the Man. I thought that I had addressed some of the issues before I blew the F1 fuse by turning it on and off to much I think. I then replaced the fuse with an 8 instead of 1 amp fuse which fried Resistor R6.

This leads me to my first of what will be many cries for help. What resistor do I need to replace the damaged one at R6? I don't normally repair boards myself but my soldering skills are okay.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm Steve, based in East Midlands. I've wanted a pinball machine for some time and now I'm finally in a position where I have the space and the money to buy one.

I know very little about maintaining them so ideally would be after something in good order and then I can learn how to keep it that way 🙂

Hoping to spend 2-2.5k for an older machine or around 4k for a more recent one. Is that reasonable?

This site has been really useful so far and I'm looking forward to learning loads and enjoying my new hobby.

Hello Steve

I saw on your post that you are looking for your first machine. I have a number of games available at the moment, many of which are located at Flip Out London pinball club for you to take a look at and play before buying.

If you are in the area, i can let you in anytime to take a look as i am a keyholder.

Currently available are:

Batman 66 Premium
Guardiams of the Galaxy
Ghostbusters
AC/DC Premium
Star Trek (stern)
Star Trek (Bally)
Wheel of Fortune
Xenon
No Good Gofers
Bram Stokers Dracula
F14 Tomcat
Genie
Tron
X-Men LE - Wolverine
Eightball
The Shadow
Road Show
World Poker Tour
The Sopranos
Fireball 2
Spiderman
Gorgar
Bow & Arrow
Strikes & Spares

A couple of those are awaiting refurbishment but most have been shopped already.

Best regards

Matt

Hello Steve

I saw on your post that you are looking for your first machine. I have a number of games available at the moment, many of which are located at Flip Out London pinball club for you to take a look at and play before buying.

If you are in the area, i can let you in anytime to take a look as i am a keyholder.

Currently available are:

Batman 66 Premium
Guardiams of the Galaxy
Ghostbusters
AC/DC Premium
Star Trek (stern)
Star Trek (Bally)
Wheel of Fortune
Xenon
No Good Gofers
Bram Stokers Dracula
F14 Tomcat
Genie
Tron
X-Men LE - Wolverine
Eightball
The Shadow
Road Show
World Poker Tour
The Sopranos
Fireball 2
Spiderman
Gorgar
Bow & Arrow
Strikes & Spares

A couple of those are awaiting refurbishment but most have been shopped already.

Best regards

Matt
Thank you Matt. Looks like the perfect way to find the right machine for me. I'll try and get down there shortly.

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum.
I recently joined too and everyone is really helpful and friendly.
Should get something very nice for that budget.
I’ve just bought my first machine after lots of advice on here. Not a 100% worker but I want to learn how these work as well as just playing. Just waiting for the seller so I can sort payment and collection. Really looking forward to getting it.

Good luck with your search
Paul

Reactions: ldx
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum.
I recently joined too and everyone is really helpful and friendly.
Should get something very nice for that budget.
I’ve just bought my first machine after lots of advice on here. Not a 100% worker but I want to learn how these work as well as just playing. Just waiting for the seller so I can sort payment and collection. Really looking forward to getting it.

Good luck with your search
Paul
What did you end up getting Paul?

Hi, I'm Steve, based in East Midlands. I've wanted a pinball machine for some time and now I'm finally in a position where I have the space and the money to buy one.

I know very little about maintaining them so ideally would be after something in good order and then I can learn how to keep it that way 🙂

Hoping to spend 2-2.5k for an older machine or around 4k for a more recent one. Is that reasonable?

This site has been really useful so far and I'm looking forward to learning loads and enjoying my new hobby.
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @ldx .

Reactions: ldx
Hi All . Just dropping in to say hello . I'm trying to get into some of the more technical aspects of the Williams machines . Hopefully I'll be able to contribute a bit more as I pick things up . Cheers !

Hey you guys!
Fat Lil’s in Witney, Oxfordshire here, pleased to announce we’re now open!
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6pm-10pm and Sunday 12pm-6pm.
We’ve got a constantly growing collection of pins and arcade machines that we’d love to see get played!
Really looking forward to meeting some members, so tell me (Zac) you saw us post on here and the first ones on me :)

Hey all, completely new here and mainly here to get some advice.

I've got a T2 pinball that needs a new home (i.e. it's sat in the garage and I just don't have space for it at the moment). Hoping it can go to a collector on here who can give it the love it desperately requires. I will need frequent pictures of it though :)

I can see myself getting back into pinballs down the line (we have plans to knock a few walls down), then I might be on the lookout for a Theatre of Magic I think... anyway, thanks for having me!

Hi all!

I’m Adam, based in Cheltenham. Always been a pinball lover but recent trips to both @Fat Lil’s and Flipout have pushed me from casual fan to thinking more seriously about a purchase of my own.

I have space and a savings pot that is growing - although I must admit the initial investment is a bit intimidating! Anyway if getting over this? Few beers before browsing perhaps??

Ultimate purchase would be a JP premium, I’m a big JP fanboy and that game plays great! I’d probably settle for a Pro though, if I’m being realistic but I can’t help but feel it’s only half the fun without the angry TRex head! Other games I’ve really enjoyed include Metallica, MM, LoTR and TAF.

Cheers - you’ll see me stalking the selling/buying forum for the foreseeable! 😉

Adam. welcome. the purchase price can be daunting but pins don’t depreciate and wear out as fast as say a car

a NIB (new in box) purchase will of course depreciate immediately unless it’s in short supply eg a sold out ltd edition etc.

so the best thing to do is buy used. you will find almost new recent titles at a good saving off the nib price

even older titles will be a lot cheaper and these generally hold their value well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I’m Jon residing in the sunny North in Middlesbrough.

I’ve been lurking in here for the best part of a year while I got the basis of my cinema and games room sorted out and saved some more money.

In the meantime I’ve been playing lots of Virtual Pinball trying to work out which table(s) I would like to buy.

I first got into pinball at uni when the 3 tables at the student union were Black Knight, Funhouse and Earthshaker.

Earthshaker became my firm favourite and I spent many hours playing it when I should have been in lectures.

Since then work and growing family put paid to arcade visits and it was at least 25 years before I played another pinball in the US a couple of years ago.

Suffice to say I fell back in love with pinball and have set my goal to have at least one in my room

Currently my thoughts are to buy a full-size virtual pinball cabinet kit and build it up myself and play around with it for a while to work out what tables I would like to own the real ones of.

Ideally the scenario is I have the virtual machine, plus Earthshaker and one of two other tables eventually, although that’s not quite how I’ve pitched the idea to the wife!

Anyway enough of my rambling, I hope to be able to meet some of you when things hopefully become a bit more normal and I can pick your brains on what I’m trying to achieve.

Hi everyone,

I’ve been lurking in here for the best part of a year while I got the basis of my cinema and games room sorted out and saved some more money.

In the meantime I’ve been playing lots of Virtual Pinball trying to work out which table(s) I would like to buy.

I first got into pinball at uni when the 3 tables at the student union were Black Knight, Funhouse and Earthshaker.

Earthshaker became my firm favourite and I spent many hours playing it when I should have been in lectures.

Since then work and growing family put paid to arcade visits and it was at least 25 years before I played another pinball in the US a couple of years ago.

Suffice to say I fell back in love with pinball and have set my goal to have at least one in my room

Currently my thoughts are to buy a full-size virtual pinball cabinet kit and build it up myself and play around with it for a while to work out what tables I would like to own the real ones of.

Ideally the scenario is I have the virtual machine, plus Earthshaker and one of two other tables eventually, although that’s not quite how I’ve pitched the idea to the wife!

Anyway enough of my rambling, I hope to be able to meet some of you when things hopefully become a bit more normal and I can pick your brains on what I’m trying to achieve.

I always find the best pinball tactic is to lie to the wife. With any lucky she won't notice the expensive 150kg 6ft flashing noisy thingy.

Welcome.

I always find the best pinball tactic is to lie to the wife. With any lucky she won't notice the expensive 150kg 6ft flashing noisy thingy.

Welcome.
She already knows what I’m like and after the 8ft projector screen, 9 speakers and 45kg subwoofer, a pinball table should be ok?

Although that did cost me a new greenhouse in exchange!

Hi all!

I’m Adam, based in Cheltenham. Always been a pinball lover but recent trips to both @Fat Lil’s and Flipout have pushed me from casual fan to thinking more seriously about a purchase of my own.

I have space and a savings pot that is growing - although I must admit the initial investment is a bit intimidating! Anyway if getting over this? Few beers before browsing perhaps??

Ultimate purchase would be a JP premium, I’m a big JP fanboy and that game plays great! I’d probably settle for a Pro though, if I’m being realistic but I can’t help but feel it’s only half the fun without the angry TRex head! Other games I’ve really enjoyed include Metallica, MM, LoTR and TAF.

Cheers - you’ll see me stalking the selling/buying forum for the foreseeable! 😉
welcome.gifto Pinball Info @IForce .

Hi everyone,

welcome.gifto Pinball Info @Bepster .

Heyyy everyone,
I’m Ryan, based in Yorkshire, I’m 24. I got into pinball when I was 15 and bought my first pinball machine, Williams Triple Strike, but had to sell it. Now in a my own house and have a little spending money so looking a EM project big or small to fill the space :D Any advice where to start would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks for having me :D

Heyyy everyone,
I’m Ryan, based in Yorkshire, I’m 24. I got into pinball when I was 15 and bought my first pinball machine, Williams Triple Strike, but had to sell it. Now in a my own house and have a little spending money so looking a EM project big or small to fill the space :D Any advice where to start would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks for having me :D
welcome.gif to Pinball Info @Rpearsonx .

Back
Top Bottom