What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Cheers guys!! :)

Yes,sometimes less is more(at least thats what i tell the GF) with machines. To me TaF feels old and gets boring quick yet sells for silly money.
Congo and DH,cracking games, wish i had kept as both in excellent condition. DH is a real challenge to make exacting shots.

Anyway, glad to have found this forum. If anyone has any Radical parts, especially sling plastics, let me know :biggrin1:

Simon

Hi guys,just found this site this evening.I have no pin machine at present,I sold my collection last July ( Shadow,Getaway 2,and Nba ) to allow me room to totally refit my garage out.The refit is just about ready and I am just about ready to buy a new pin or two_Out of the 3 I had the Shadow was the one we loved best.I recognize one or two names on here off Ebay. Stuart.

Welcome to the forum Stuart, The Shadow is an awesome game.....you have good taste ☮️ Where abouts in the UK are you?

Hiya Stuart and welcome :)

Ahh Newbridge - Know it well coming from Bristol originally myself. Remember Newbridge Networks and Alcatel all around there.. :)

Welcome back to the pinball madness :)

Thanks for the welcome guys,I know a few who worked in Alcatel a few years back.As for pinball madness... I'm gonna be needing some pinball's 1st... that's why I'm here :)

Thanks for the welcome guys,I know a few who worked in Alcatel a few years back.As for pinball madness... I'm gonna be needing some pinball's 1st... that's why I'm here :)

Let us know what you will be looking for , I am sure someone on group will be able to help out.

Good Evening all

just found the forum and would like to say hello to all ☮️

Had a few pinballs some years ago but had to sell them unfortunately, but the time is right to have another.

located just outside Birmingham

Stuart

Hello people,

Just wanna say hi, I'm a massive video arcade game head...often on Jamma+/U.K Vac/Arcade Otaku.
However always had love for pinballs as well.
Replay last year had loads and it was heaven to play a good selection of pins again, 100% want to go to pinball events and would love one at home.
I have room for 1 really, got 11 arcade cabs so who knows maybe a couple will go to make way for more pins LOL.

Ok question is what is a good starter pin, I want an 80/90's DMD one...really wanna spend £800-£1000 max so I know that rules out a lot of good ones but still that is my budget.
Something fun to play, semi easy to fix.
I can repair arcade pcb's slightly and have a slightly above average knowledge of electronics, also have various rom burners so upgrades are possible to 'newer' rom versions.

I'm sure Alpha1 and Rav will be on here, hi Guy's.
Also there are a lot of the 'Scotland crew' of pin heads who also live on Jamma+ who I bet are also on here.
I'm sure I would have also met a few of you at Replay/Rav's.

Looking forward to learning more about these great machines.
Any threads you can point me to on here for newbies?
Thanks
Paulous

Hello people,

Just wanna say hi, I'm a massive video arcade game head...often on Jamma+/U.K Vac/Arcade Otaku.
Replay last year had loads and it was heaven to play a good selection of pins again, 100% want to go to pinball events and would love one at home.
I have room for 1 really, got 11 arcade cabs so who knows maybe a couple will go to make way for more pins LOL.

Ok question is what is a good starter pin, I want an 80/90's DMD one...really wanna spend £800-£1000 max so I know that rules out a lot of good ones but still that is my budget.
I can repair arcade pcb's slightly and have a slightly above average knowledge of electronics, also have various rom burners so upgrades are possible to 'newer' rom versions.

Also there are a lot of the 'Scotland crew' of pin heads who also live on Jamma+ who I bet are also on here.

Thanks
Paulous

Welcome aboard .......the vid game exodus shows no sign of letting up ;) Rav and Ol check in now and again. Loads of pins still for sub 1K .....despite the price horror stories. A look thru the For Sale section on here will give you some idea of whats been on offer recently.

welcome fellas - this (first 1 min 20s) is what your life is about to become:

[video=youtube;QqA21IriK-o]

it's a fantastic hobby with many sides to it. you get to play, to meet people, to learn new skills about the fixing, to compete, to obsess, and to plan how to cram more in. soon you too will have 30+ favourites/bookmarks in your browser with all the major pinball sites, with links to forums, traders, news, videos, etc etc etc

best tip i can give you is to join your local league, as that way you get to play lots of different games and meet lots of different people. then it snowballs from there

Hello people,

Thanks
Paulous

Hi Paulous,

Welcome to the forum, you should be able to pick up a decent DMD within your budget. There are many to choose from and if you go for one that isn't currently 'in fashion' then you will find many great games you can afford. Try and buy on condition rather than name and you should be fine.

Matt

Thanks guys most kind.
I hear a lot of good stuff about lethal weapon 3 as a good starter pin true?
If so rough money?
800?
Thanks again!
Nice welcome people ta

LW3 is great. Should be able to get one easy for £800. Just buy off group and stay away from eBay. Honestly, you'll not go far wrong with LW3.

I managed to pick up an lw3 for 600 just a few weeks ago from a forum member here. Matt Vince on here has a few tables for sale n there may still be a nice looking hook up on here as well. Depending on where you live try to travel to see and try a table n stay away from e-bay.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and give a little bit of an intro and background to how I find myself here.

My names Pete and I live in the lovely town of Grimsby (maybe the Grim in the name gives a clue that i'm not being totally truthful about the 'lovely' part).

I've long been a fan of classic gaming and in my youth I used to regularly take the train to the local seaside resort of Cleethorpes so I could indulge myself in the classic games of the day. Far too many 10p's were pumped into the classics such as Pac Man, Galaxians, Q-Bert and then later on Outrun, After Burner, Gauntlet and many others.

Pinballs at the time didn't really capture my interest - I think the problem was that many of the games required some serious play to learn the rule set and as a teenager I felt my money was better invested on the arcade cabinets.

Fast forward to about 2 years ago when I changed team at work. I started working with a new set of people, most of whom are based at the Head Office in Copenhagen. One of my new colleagues got talking to me about Pinball one day; it turns out he has a collection of 6 tables and he introduced me to emulation platforms such as Virtual Pinball and Future Pinball as ways of getting a 'fix' without having to spend money on a 'real' pinball. I'd already been playing PinballFX and PinballFX2 on the 360 so I took his advice and soon after I also got really addicted to Pinball Arcade.

But of course virtual pinball is all well and good. Talking to him has led me to seek out real pinball tables, of which there are relatively few in the area. But playing the ones I have found has made it clear that virtual pinball just isn't as nice as the real thing. So now i'm saving like crazy with a view to picking up my own pinball table at home - the hard part of this task is already done - I have 'approval' from the wife so hopefully in the next few months I can make a purchase.

Frustratingly there are actually two Pinballs within 5 miles drive of where I am and both of them are in terrible condition. It's a sad thing to see them in such bad shape but the operator is currently not interested in selling either of them. Shame as it would have been a great chance for a restoration project.

Anyway, i'll be loitering around here over the coming months.

Cheers

Pete

Yes welcome pete. I'd recommend taking the time to read this entire thread, there is probably some good first time buying advice in it. Ie, do your research try and ignore eBay prices in most cases (but not all) try and buy off group. There are plenty of pins for sale, a bargain wipeout at the mo. and if in doubt ask. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on here, all of whom are approachable and friendly.
Good luck mate
Gaz

Cheers guys.

My OCD doesn't allow me to impulse buy anything at all so you can be rest assured i'll be doing plenty of research and most likely bugging the hell out of people on here before making a purchase. Of course my colleague in Denmark is a total pinhead and has plenty of experience in the area of buying tables so i'll no doubt be calling on him at some point.

But first order of business for me is to start slinging some serious change into savings. Until that's done i'll merely be window shopping (and that's damned hard to do when you see some of the tables out there).

Haha, it's as well i'm not more financially flush or late because I reckon if I had been there could have been a war at home.

Pinball seems to be very addictive. I spotted a busted Elvis a week or so back and have done so much investigation into the table that i've become rather fond of it. Not the best table but certainly pretty good fun. There's one on eBay right now which i'm deliberately avoid looking at as i'm simply not in a position to buy just yet.

not soon enough ive got the figgets waiting. A week monday prob or late next week depending on when he lets me know i might just book the day off so i dont have to hurry back to work from a fake dentist appointment

G'day ladies and Gentlemen....... Greetings from sunny Glasgow. I'm John (Fiddler/Fixer/Player) and all my senses are tuned into the Silverball experience.
It's true...everything worthwhile starts in a pub......first pint at 14......Meeting your mates.....girlfriends..pinball/pool.. and.... a guy who comes upto you and says
"I have some old carnival machines the guy over there said you may be interested in"........ BUT!!!.......!" you have to take three of them !!!"
Now everyone knows One is a Hobby,,,,Two is a collection and three is the start of a compulsion...... which has lasted for well over 20years.
My personal preference is DMD pins. My Favourite Five from my collection are..... in no particular order....... NGG CFTBL IJ Tommy Funhouse .
I always say if I had bought my IJ first (by itself) I would not have bothered with the rest...... Oooops just thought of my other favourite five.....

Back
Top Bottom