What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Welcome Ben from a fellow scot.
A good pin that.
Did you buy it local?
Not much pinball action up your way unfortunately.
Cheers
Mark

Welcome Ben. LW3 was my first pin way back in 1996. Great machine, lots of fun and not doubt it will cross my threshold at some point again one day.

Hi all,
Recently started using the site and just noticed this section. I spend my time in the Aberdeen/Dundee area running a car restoration business, just bought my first pin. LW3, love it but it does need tlc which I am starting to do in the little free time I have.

Ben
Hi Ben,

Welcome to the group, you'll find that there a few others in your area. We also have a Scottish League mainly meet in the Central Belt area but we also have a meet up in Dundee.

Welcome Ben. You will soon be expanding to pin restoration as well. You shouldn’t need to change the oil though

Hi all,
Recently started using the site and just noticed this section. I spend my time in the Aberdeen/Dundee area running a car restoration business, just bought my first pin. LW3, love it but it does need tlc which I am starting to do in the little free time I have.

Ben
Welcome Ben. I am also from Aberdeen, not many pin heads up this way. Hope you enjoy your first pin

Hi!

Just joined pinball info! Found this great site after looking for pinballs for sale. Looking to scratch an itch I've not had since Uni in the late 80s early 90s with various System 11 Williams machines!! Loved pinball then and have a bit of space now so looking at getting my first!

I think I first started playing in 87 on Williams Road Kings at Uni and progressed onto various machines (we had a good selection in the Union) and it was a vintage era for Pinball. Machines like F14 Tomcat, Getaway and particularly Banzai Run (especiially that!) were personal favourites. It was a great time for pinball innovation!

Anyway, I notice there's a Road KIngs for sale over in the for sale section..... Is that a good first pin do you tink? Early system 11 I think but looks well looked after. Need to find out what XPin is about.... Much to learn! Looking forward to finding out more!

Cheers,

Ruaraidh

Welcome mate. You are in the best place to rediscover pinball from uni days. Quite a few of us on here have done the same journey ??

Anyway, I notice there's a Road KIngs for sale over in the for sale section.....

Ah well, Thursday joined forums to Saturday morning bought first Pin (Road KIngs from VImtoman).... Is this a record?! I'm doomed, feel like I need more space already..... Brilliant board!!

Cheers,

Ruaraidh

Hi guys.

I posted here 1st at end of last week fishing for a cheap mini digital pinball table. I lost out that time, and then things snowballed quickly and last night won an auciton for a full sized widebody digital conversion with 3 screens and a 46 inch play area!.

it comes with 60 or so tables however i am sure i will be asking questions as i add my pinball FX collection and also look to extend my other emulated tables.

I will post images when it arrives :)

I blame @nugat It was his home built rig and then his full sized physical table which sent me down this rabbit hole!.

thanks.

Mike

Congrats Mike

I looked at this a few times over the last couple of days, but glad I didn’t start a bidding war now I know it’s gone to someone on here. I really enjoy playing Visual Pinball, but never played it on a proper virtual pin.

Hope you enjoy it and stick some videos up when you get it up and running. ?

Hello.

My name is Jason. I am a co-host of a podcast called Slap Save that is based in the Saint Louis Missouri area. Nice to meet all of you.

I have heard some really good things about this forum and decided to take the plunge. I'm a yank, but I've long been an anglophile since spending time in the UK some 25 years ago. We originally planned on returning this year to both introduce my son to an area my wife and I are very fond of, as well as reunite with a good friend that I have that lives in the Birmingham area. Unfortunately, due to some employee instability at our small business, that trip has been postponed, but I will hopefully get back there in the next couple of years.

It may sound silly, but I wanted to extend the offer of helping anyone that would ever come to the States for any reason to have sort of a pinball liaison. I would be glad to help with anything I can. I travel often to Chicago, and given it is "ground zero" for pinball, I might be able to help in someway or at least offer some guidance for any of you that would ever decide to visit.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to spending some time with all of you and getting to know the UK pinball scene.

Last edited:
welcome.gifto Pinball Info Jason, great to see our friends from over seas joining our friendly forum.

Hi everyone, my name is David and now live in Pembrokeshire SW Wales. I started playing pinball in the late 70’s in West London as a kid and was obeseesed, they called me the pinball wizard (well my dad was in The Who before they made it!). I knew arcade engineers from my school days so got into knowing about repairing early days and ended up being an electrician. I bought my first pinballs in the late nineties from a damp warehouse full of them in Portsmouth, I took home 2x Vectors, Xenon & Dr Who. The Vectors only went a couple of years ago. Currently got BSD, Getaway, FT, RS & jackbot. Also 25” crt Mame cab. BSD & FT totally refurbished above and beyond.
Seem to be getting a bit obsessed lately hence why I’m here.
Hopefully I will meet some people one day and buy you a beer.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my name is David and now live in Pemrokesire SW Wales. I started playing pinball in the late 70’s in West London as a kid and was obeseesed, they called me the pinball wizard (well my dad was in The Who before they made it!). I knew arcade engineers from my school days so got into knowing about repairing early days and ended up being an electrician. I bought my first pinballs in the late nineties from a damp warehouse full of them in Portsmouth, I took home 2x Vectors, Xenon & Dr Who. The Vectors only went a couple of years ago. Currently got BSD, Getaway, FT, RS & jackbot. Also 25” crt Mame cab. BSD & FT totally refurbished above and beyond.
Seem to be getting a bit obsessed lately hence why I’m here.
Hopefully I will meet some people one day and buy you a beer.
Welcome aboard David!

Great post.... your Dad was in the early Who!!?! We need to know more!! Was this when they were The High Numbers?

Cheers

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard David!

Great post.... your Dad was in the early Who!!?! We need to know more!! Was this when they were The High Numbers?

Cheers

I think that was Pete Townsend’s band, The Detours was Roger Daltrey’s band that my dad was in. They used to practice in my grans house in Acton, Roger was playing the guitar then and my dad told him to start singing and the rest is history! My dad must have been gutted.

Back
Top Bottom