What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Hello peoples!

I am Matt from Essex, After going to an arcades in Ipswich and finding a couple of pinball machine ( Ghost busters and Star wars ).
Then a month later going to an Arcade event in Cambridge ( I am more into arcade machines ) and having a play on Fish tale, im now keen to make room and save up some money for a pinball machine.
That and my better half loves them too, whats always a winner!
Might have to go along to any pinball events if there is any down south or midlands, so i can have a play on a few to see what i am after.
Would love to get a walking dead machine, But i dont think ill be that rich for a couple of years ha.
Peace out!

Hi Matt,

Check out Flip Out London Pinball Club, about 50 machines on free play and a few available to buy as well.

Hi.
I’m Paul from Nottinghamshire. 49 years young and just discovered the forum.
Used to play Funhouse and Adams Family back in the late 80s, early 90 and loved them.
Not really played a real pinball machine in years, mainly played on Visual Pinball and Pinball Arcade, but getting the urge to play some real machines again.
Not sure I have room for my own yet, but may be negotiable with the wife at some point. ?

Is there anywhere in Notts that I could get some real action?

Welcome @Stags6969 there used to be a couple of pins in town in pubs off market square but they’re gone now I think. You’re more then welcome to come and have a go on my games, just send me a PM

Hi all,

I’m Chris from Northumberland, I’m 50 in a couple of weeks, and I’ve been playing pinball on and off since ’87 when I spent way too much of my Uni grant feeding a brand new Millionaire in the Student Union bar games room.

I bought a Transporter the Rescue in 2003 which had been privately owned since new. I think it must be one of the best remaining examples left, but it’s not been turned on since 2006 when I put it into storage as I bought a pub/restaurant business and didn’t have space for it in my cramped owner's accommodation.

Things are now looking up for my pinball life as I’ve closed my business to retire and I’m converting the premises into a house. I’ve now got space not only for the Transporter, but maybe a couple (!) more, and I’ve got some time to work on project machines too. Fortunately, I didn’t spend all my time in the Uni bar – I did manage to get an Electronic Engineering degree while I was there too, so that may just come in handy! I’d love to get my hands on a busted up Millionaire, I know people slate them but the nostalgia factor is a big draw for me.

Pleased to report the Transporter powered up and worked fine after 12 years. I was super-fortunate to have no acid damage to the MPU, in fact the RAM still held the config from 12 years ago. Just a little bit of cleaning and a couple of bulbs and she’ll be good as new.

I recently found the forum after searching YouTube for info on my machine and came across @ronsplooter ‘s excellent video rebuild log. I’d love to have a chat with you about the LEDs you chose and how that worked out. I’ve also have taken a scan of the broken plastic you had, so I can PM you with that if you didn’t manage to get a replacement.

Cheers,
Chris

Welcome Chris. That’s a very rare machine you have there. Glad to hear it fired up after all those years.

Hi to all on the Forum.
Well I decided that I would buy myself a Pinball and bought Rollergames.
It's in need of some work which I started this weekend.
Removing bits to clean the playfield as it's pretty dirty.
Ready to change rubber and bulbs.
:)

Been lurking, liking and occasionally posting for a good while now, but just realised I never introduced myself. How rude!
I'm Matt from Herne Bay in Kent. Fell in love with pinball when I and a work colleague went for a drink after work in Canterbury and discovered a Lethal Weapon 3 in 94/95ish.
There were so many pubs with pinball at that time, and it took over our lunch breaks too. I remember discovering CFTBL, STTNG, DW, WH20, Black Rose and more all around the city in that golden age!

It was a looooong time before I had either the money or space to realise the ambition I'd had since those days, of owning one of these amazing machines.

In 2013 I knocked down our dilapidated old garage, to be replaced with my own rock-themed bar (another old ambition!) - and bought a STTNG from a local-ish chap on ebay. Yeah, probably not the ideal choice for a novice!
Foolishly, I thought one machine at a time would be enough.

Anyways, a NIB Kiss LE followed a couple of years later from Phil at PH, with STTNG going in the other direction.
Kiss is beautiful. Still love it. A photo of me with the band hangs beside it.

It'll be joined by Alice Cooper next year, carrying on the rock theme and a 50th birthday present to myself. I've got a photo to hang beside that too :)

I doubt I'll ever go NIB again, but have realised - with a little shift around - I've actually room in there for three...

Oh god help me.

Recently started going to Flipout, a mere 90min drive away, and it's probably for the best that I work a lot of Thursday nights - because that place only feeds the obsession!

Anyways, nice to meet you!

Hello to everyone on here , a new member from up in North Western Highlands of Scotland near Isle of Skye, sadly not many pins up here ! (Besides my broken of which I've put a post up in the repairs section if anyone would be kind enough to take a look ).

Welcome, Acharacle here, so not a million miles away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome all new members.

@glen67 keep an eye out for Play Glasgow next year, all being well Scottish Pinball Association will have around 40 pins all on freeplay for the weekend. You'll be more than welcome to bring yours down for the weekend.

Hi all,
Recently started using the site and just noticed this section. I spend my time in the Aberdeen/Dundee area running a car restoration business, just bought my first pin. LW3, love it but it does need tlc which I am starting to do in the little free time I have.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom