What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member looking to get out and play real machines!

He's quite well known for stripping a playfield on a new machine before he goes to bed the day he gets them home. He cant help himself, I think its disease!! :)

Just so it's clear, I haven't done that with Fun House :thumbs: It was bought as a fully working plug and play game as I've got enough other projects on the go :)

@DanLewell Thanks for that tip about sending the money via PayPal to a family member. Hadn’t thought of that.

And yes, I agree. I’d like to buy my table from a lover of pinball machines and a respected person within this community for sure.

I’d also like to have a contact for any upkeep or technical support after the purchase. If that can be provided by the seller all the better otherwise, I believe it’s best to go with Andy at PinBall Mania for repairs and servicing? Yes? He lives in the nearby area too. Really wish I had bought his JUNKYARD! for sale at UK PinFest now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@DanLewell @ronsplooter I’m still learning all this stuff, why would one strip the playfield on a machine they just purchased? Is it to replace some faulty parts or clean it? Replace bulbs or touch up the playfield artwork? Sorry for such a noob question.

If you buy a project machine, then it's likely been stored unused for a while, you need to clean it to get it back to its former glory.

Some people just change old perished rubbers and clean the bits they can get to easily. Others strip every part and polish every screw (including the ones that will never be seen)

If you buy a machine that's been looked after then you wouldn't need to strip it., but some people cant help themselves because they like tinkering as much as they like playing.

I usually buy machines that are working and looked after so I can just play them, but I've got a few that I've bought solely to strip and restore, just got to find the time and space to do it. For some reason the missus moans when I start stripping machines in the house and leaving the bits lying around for weeks!!

@DanLewell Ha! Ha! I’m definitely looking for a fully working and plug in and play pinball table. Wouldn’t know my **** from my elbow with a machine taken apart and in pieces around me. Just looking at all the electrical wires and hardware under the playfield makes my head spin.

8b6e7675556f1055d1dd538a1558c199.jpg

Wayhoo! Just had this beauty delivered. Alas, not mine to keep and probably the closest I’d ever get to owning one.

Wife arranged for a month’s rental as an extra B’Day surprise.

I’m in heaven.... we’ll until I have to return it [emoji2957]

2b637da3b3496f5b195c22ec93b6a7ab.jpg

0f6cd65f21ac821f4fcddefd39f5d732.jpg

Last edited:
1a3666f43c2396228718008becfb8f47.jpg

Highest score I’ve managed on Day 1. Actually higher than my personal best score on Zen’s digital representation of the table within PBFX3. Had never played a real ATTACK FROM MARS until today. I’ve noticed the real machines do seem to play easier than their emulated video game counterparts.

Best moment so far, seeing my two children (girl - 3), (boy -8) with chairs pulled up to the machine, playing two-player. Unbridled joy spread across both their faces. I love pinball.

1a3666f43c2396228718008becfb8f47.jpg

Highest score I’ve managed on Day 1. Actually higher than my personal best score on Zen’s digital representation of the table within PBFX3. Had never played a real ATTACK FROM MARS until today. I’ve noticed the real machines do seem to play easier than their emulated video game counterparts.

😂😂 Wonderful mate, you'll definitely buy one now.

Enjoy . . . . . you'll be pulling sickies from work and all sorts 😂

@Benleigh250 No, I’ve not managed to Rule the Universe or even Conquer Mars yet on the real table I don’t think. Not seen the Mother Ship on the DMD either (or is that part of the above?)

I’ve lit all the other mode lights though, so Total Annihilation, Martian Attack Multiball, Super Jackpot, 5-Way Combo, Super Jets.

Basically, I try and get 3 balls locked for regular Multiball as often as possible and then focus on the saucers with balls to spare. Getting extra ball awards is obviously a massive boost too.

However, I often find I just enjoy getting into a rhythm of hitting the orbits and ramps. That ‘flow’ is so satisfying and having Martian Bombs helps a lot with the Video Mode where you shoot the saucers coming down space invaders style, lol!

@Benleigh250 And if you don’t already do so, raise the left flipper when launching the ball. This then has the benefit of counting for extra shots in that it can knock the saucer forcefield down in a single shot or it can light three lights on an orbit etc. It’s a timed skill-shot I believe?

Someone here will know what I’m trying to describe and explain it better.

Only played mine a few times
Looked on pinside and not a very high score😭
Great game, going to concentrate on high scores now as I don’t want to look at buying anymore machines😬

3F61DAFA-AD20-4CD5-8760-30B5EE94A679.jpeg

@Benleigh250 And if you don’t already do so, raise the left flipper when launching the ball. This then has the benefit of counting for extra shots in that it can knock the saucer forcefield down in a single shot or it can light three lights on an orbit etc. It’s a timed skill-shot I believe?

Someone here will know what I’m trying to describe and explain it better.

Normal skill shot is over the lit rollover at the top into the bumpers, holding the left flipper sends the ball round the orbit and allows you to get the super skill shot - making any ramp or orbit lights all three associated lights for that ramp/orbit, hitting the bank in front saucer starts attack wave.
Could be wrong but if I recall correctly MM has a similar skillshot/superskillshot setup.

Just over a week now since I’ve had ATTACK FROM MARS at home. Highest score managed to date: 20d0747f30c516a8a5d4888b22d18b8f.jpg

13471c317477d5124d13625dd95c46c9.jpg

Lovely machine. Easy to play but rewardingly challenging to master. Still not managed to Conquer Mars or Rule the Universe... yet [emoji3526]

892c0bbc94c42c094dd00c65b3cea5f3.jpg

Performance anxiety !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom