New Member looking to get out and play real machines!

OP
Lroy

Lroy

Registered
Apr 25, 2019
UK
Playing under pressure is an entirely different beast I would imagine. Thankfully, not had to play to an audience or competitor yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lroy

Lroy

Registered
Apr 25, 2019
UK
Ventured out this morning to make my first visit to Electric Circus in Nuneaton.

Impressive selection of machines and some arcade cabs. Got to meet @steve brum and play some ‘new to me’ tables including the fresh out of box Stern JURASSIC PARK.

Reactions: Gonzo
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Registered
Apr 25, 2019
UK
Also remembered to take a snap of DEAD POOL this time

OP
Lroy

Lroy

Registered
Apr 25, 2019
UK
Been out to play pinball again today. Fortunate enough to visit the collection of fellow forum brethren @ronsplooter

Charming chap, full of helpful advice on potential pin ownership and had some exciting ‘new to me’ pins for me to try.

Kicking myself for missing out on his recent FUNHOUSE sale now

Reactions: DanLewell and Gonzo
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Registered
Apr 25, 2019
UK
@Gonzo He even had authentic arcade cabs of DONKEY KONG and MS. PAC-MAN and his current high-scores were adorned on the fridge with kids alphanumeric magnets. Bravo!

OP
Lroy

Lroy

Registered
Apr 25, 2019
UK
Managed to Conquer Mars today and boost my top score to date:

For those who know this table well, are the only ‘modes’ left for me to achieve, the video mode with the Mothership and Rule the Universe?

Presumably, you get the Mothership video mode by getting a Stroke of Luck award post-conquering Mars?

Any tips on lighting the Extra Ball light? Only seem to get one or two max on my best games so far.

Reactions: Hullshark

Gonzo

Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2019
Sandhurst
Never played it but it does look rather saucy!

Well done mate, it looks like you've well and truly seen off those pesky Martians.

Reactions: Lroy
OP
Lroy

Lroy

Registered
Apr 25, 2019
UK
Another fun night had in Tilt! Played a couple more ‘new to me’ machines in the form of a brace from Pat Lawlor:

Mrs and I were terrible at both and ****ing ourselves laughing when Willy Wonka suddenly started taking photos of us. Fun table for sure.

OP
Lroy

Lroy

Registered
Apr 25, 2019
UK
@Gonzo Machines at Tilt were ace as per usual, got back to back replays off likes of CONGO, SPIDER-MAN on the lower level to kick things off. Then we tried our hands at some of the modern Sterns on the main floor by the bar: likes of JURASSIC PARK, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, STAR WARS, GHOSTBUSTERS et. al. Played these games before but still haven’t worked out what to shoot for and bizarrely GHOSTBUSTERS launched straight into the Wizard Mode ‘We Believe in You’ from the off. So you put your money in and launched ball 1 and suddenly a deluge of Multiball madness ensued. New code? A glitch? Who knows?!

Our favourite machines are on the upper floor with all the 90s classics such as MEDIEVAL MADNESS, ADDAMS FAMILY, TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS, MONSTER BASH, SCARED STIFF, THEATRE OF MAGIC , WHITE WATER et al. All great fun and already included pics of these on past visits.

So yeah, great night.

Reactions: Hullshark and Gonzo

DanLewell

Registered
Jul 21, 2011
Northampton, UK
bizarrely GHOSTBUSTERS launched straight into the Wizard Mode ‘We Believe in You’ from the off. So you put your money in and launched ball 1 and suddenly a deluge of Multiball madness ensued. New code? A glitch? Who knows?!
It's an option in the new code to go into he wizard mode instead of into normal play. Kirk's got it set like that at the minute so people can try the wizard mode. Downside is you only get dont get more balls, once you're out of wizard mode its game over.

Reactions: Lroy