What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EU Tariffs push pinball prices up 25%

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Used prices wont inflate overnight.
People getting a bit carried away...
I guess if after Jan 1st we are sucking up 25% then maybe 6 months in - July 2021 used prices may start to rise but only IF there’s no tariff resolution likely on the horizon.

Maybe James can give you some economics lessons [emoji23] the new price inflated overnight by 25% most of the main dealers have taken prices off in Germany and Phil isn’t ordering any games and has about a dozen in stock.

Then Go on flippermarkt already it’s started. Where is your straw?! [emoji1787]🧉🧋[emoji3047]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neil is correct people are buying now while they can ph has only limited stock I think only 1 Deadpool 1 st pro and a few turtles electrocoin has no stock of any of the popular titles and I see pinball universe and fredies the same so once they are gone you have no option of nib for the foreseeable future so the second hand market goes up
If you bought an avengers you will be quids in at the min as it stands

If you can’t get nib then yes

Tend to agree.

It also depends on elasticity of supply - if supply price sensitivity is low i.e. "I won't sell my game for £100,000" then and no one is moving along then it takes a greater delta in the demand to have an impact. If most people are thinking, "I'll sell my Munsters but only for £5.2k" then yeah, this could affect things. Again the latter I would assume.

I am still assuming 0% in January though, making all of this academic.

EU yes, perhaps the price for used goes up eventually when existing new stocks are depleted and no good news forecasted ref tarrifs. However, as it stands we are 0% in UK for Jan 1st so don’t understand how someone will be quids in with a used AIQ in UK?
All a new buyer has to do is wait one month.
Watchful waiting, perhaps best course of action.

Last edited:
EU yes, perhaps the price for used goes up eventually when existing new stocks are depleted and no good news forecasted ref tarrifs. However, as it stands we are 0% in UK for Jan 1st so don’t understand how someone will be quids in with a used AIQ in UK?
All a new buyer has to do is wait one month.
yeah indeed, so demand here has slowed because we think that the supply at a price we like is a month away. I'm hoping its true as Ive waited forever for R&M and I like guns and roses.

You also need to factor in potential falls in income to that graph (+ falls in spending on other luxuries such as holidays) plus potentially a big change in exchange rates.

Love a good economics graph. I spent 2 hours trying to get my year 13s to understand the concept of price discrimination and this one picture explains in far better it 2 seconds. Didn’t quite have the balls to show it to them though. 85397FE4-17BF-49DD-929D-85C81CCF9356.png

I wouldn’t bother. Even if you paid attention to politics, the current situation has been decided by an unelected commission that has no redress to any stakeholders.

Politicians can go suck my nuts but they would probably find a way not too like most things they say they are going to do!!!

Anyone buy second hand games from the EU? I have bought loads for the last 22 years, over 600. All brought over tarriff free. Will suck if this gets ****ed up too.

I think there's two things to consider, this tarrif and whether it affects us or not, and the fact it could be horrible VAT and handling charges to pay on generally cheaper 70's, 80's and 90's games from the EU.

Guess I won't be buying much for a ****ing longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time.

Anyone buy second hand games from the EU? I have bought loads for the last 22 years, over 600. All brought over tarriff free. Will suck if this gets ****ed up too.

I think there's two things to consider, this tarrif and whether it affects us or not, and the fact it could be horrible VAT and handling charges to pay on generally cheaper 70's, 80's and 90's games from the EU.

Guess I won't be buying much for a ****ing longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time.

Doesn’t apply to games made before this month.

You're talking about the 25% tariff.

I'm talking about a standard EU-UK trade deal.

For example if I get a game from the US or Norway I have to pay VAT based on the value of the game. Second hand or not.

So whatever happens in this deal we're working on (or not working on) is a big deal too for collectors either buying or selling their second hand games to the EU.

Someone over on pinside just posted they brought a NIB AIQ from Norway or Belgium, can’t remember now without checking and has been hit with the new 25%.

Only guessing but it must have a build date earlier than this month to have arrived and been in stock this side of the pond.

Someone over on pinside just posted they brought a NIB AIQ from Norway or Belgium, can’t remember now without checking and has been hit with the new 25%.

Only guessing but it must have a build date earlier than this month to have arrived and been in stock this side of the pond.

If it was airfreighted in it could apply.

Has he actually got it? If it’s in order it will apply.

What thread is that from because that’s not the case.

The pinside guy could be refering to VAT that gets added on when something lands anywhere in Europe!

On the UK side from January. The truth is - nobody knows here. Nobody seems to know in the government so its a case of waiting it out.

I wonder what % of pins go to europe out of a run.

Norway is not in the eu so would be subject to vat at 20%
As for the eu on the first of jan I think you would buy it ex vat then pay 20% plus handling charge when it enters the uk

Back
Top Bottom