What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New code updates for insider

It hasn’t completely broken it but it’s a long list of stuff that doesn’t work/doesn’t make sense or doesn’t do what it should. No way it was tested.

I wonder how long before we get reports of bricked pins with those that leave it to auto update. Because it will happen at some point.

its super hard to brick a stern spike game - if you do just download a new SDRAM image and burn away. The platform is designed for embedded deployment and has a number of features to avoid brickage; way more than any of the other manufacturers.

Neil.

And this is why I asked the question about turning off auto updates. I like to wait at least a couple of weeks before doing any software updates.

I was thinking more from a failed node update perspective not technically a full on "brick". Time will tell I guess..

Is there somewhere I can download the previous code from? I want to revert back to v1.02 but can’t find it anywhere.

Is there somewhere I can download the previous code from? I want to revert back to v1.02 but can’t find it anywhere.
Not on the Stern website, I always kept the previous update on my laptop just in case I needed to revert - that option isn't there with a wifi download anymore.

link didn't work at first - it is now

Last edited:
That’s shocking!! Bang out of order, especially as I pay for Stern Insider too just don’t have the ‘Connected’ kit!

But if they sold the kit with a "free" mode, would that be OK? I don't see why this is an issue, you get an extra mode as a little bonus if you install the kit. If you don't the game hasn't changed. They are trying to encourage people to get the kits, I think it's a good idea, it doesn't make my current games worse in any way if I don't have it and it's getting the games some code updates and bug fixes they may not have got otherwise (which as far as I can tell is free if you don't have the kit)

But if they sold the kit with a "free" mode, would that be OK? I don't see why this is an issue, you get an extra mode as a little bonus if you install the kit. If you don't the game hasn't changed. They are trying to encourage people to get the kits, I think it's a good idea, it doesn't make my current games worse in any way if I don't have it and it's getting the games some code updates and bug fixes they may not have got otherwise (which as far as I can tell is free if you don't have the kit)
Yeah you’re right, just thought I’d throw my toys out the pram as I pay for Insider but don’t get this. It’s marketing - I get that. Guess I’ll have to get a Connected Kit 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah you’re right, just thought I’d throw my toys out the pram as I pay for Insider but don’t get this. It’s marketing - I get that. Guess I’ll have to get a Connected Kit 🤷🏼‍♂️

So then their marketing wins! I was going to get a kit for IMDN anyway but if you were on the fence, it proves their theory

Managed to set up Maiden using GZ

Had a spare USB Wi-Fi dongle, robbed the micro SD card from GZ, had a long RJ45 cable so left the apron on GZ and logged in there

Attachments

• AE1FDA78-FDDF-408E-AA8B-ED836154DE18.jpeg
    AE1FDA78-FDDF-408E-AA8B-ED836154DE18.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 33
  • 04DCAF75-94F6-466C-9E6B-24724E445455.jpeg
    04DCAF75-94F6-466C-9E6B-24724E445455.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 1432FEB0-777B-4EB2-B27E-5C7776DFF808.jpeg
    1432FEB0-777B-4EB2-B27E-5C7776DFF808.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 34
A:IQ no longer shows ‘Player 1, Player 2’ etc on the new code!

Using Andys workaround surely Stern could implement updates so if you have just 1 reader in your collection that could be used to scan into any of your pins.
Just a simple Wi-Fi dongle scan tour code on the pin with the reader and press start on the pin you want to log into.
Or would that be giving us something for nothing that goes against there principles

Back
Top Bottom