What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New code updates for insider

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
So I have a few of these pins can I just hardwire them or do I have to buy the wifi and apron stuff.

1B4B54BE-D715-4F42-8604-A0F068992344.jpeg

you need the card scanner

but other fixes in worth dlloading.

I wonder if you can't get a cheap USB wifi dongle and use that to get the machine online. You won't get the QR code login but should work for code updates?

The only issue is it will need to use a chip which is supported by the MPU.

Edit: this is the one included in stern's kit, so should be compatible: https://www.canakit.com/raspberry-pi-wifi.html

I was thinking the same thing, but also maybe taking the one out of GZ just to try it

no, I wondered about that too. I assumed it was something to do with the reader as the CPU doesn't need anything...

We don't need this though right? Doesn't look like there are any real code improvements that impact the gameplay or rules.

I'm assuming the main benefit is if you're changing the apron to the QR reader?

And so it begins- imdn pro can 'I play with madness' mode added but only if connected to ic!
It was always in the code too - I remember playing it on mine after hooking into the mode start logic.

But yeah, expect more of this kind of stuff. Lots more.

And so it begins- imdn pro can 'I play with madness' mode added but only if connected to ic!
That’s shocking!! Bang out of order, especially as I pay for Stern Insider too just don’t have the ‘Connected’ kit!

That’s shocking!! Bang out of order, especially as I pay for Stern Insider too just don’t have the ‘Connected’ kit!
Yeah that's a bit ****, we've all seen dlc coming via insider connected but I expected it to be paid dlc or via a subscription, not locked behind the connected hardware! :mad: . Has anyone heard a UK price yet for kits?

Yeah that's a bit ****, we've all seen dlc coming via insider connected but I expected it to be paid dlc or via a subscription, not locked behind the connected hardware! :mad: . Has anyone heard a UK price yet for kits?

It’s $199 in the USA so I’d imagine a similar figure with a £ sign at the front for the UK

are you honestly moaning about getting more stuff for you game? Yesterday you didn't have it and you thought tomorrow I won't have it. Then stern give you something in exchange for something else that they DON'T have to give you...

think of us LE owners, we get nothing for our money! :D :D :D :D

are you honestly moaning about getting more stuff for you game? Yesterday you didn't have it and you thought tomorrow I won't have it. Then stern give you something in exchange for something else that they DON'T have to give you...

think of us LE owners, we get nothing for our money! :D :D :D :D
Don’t know who this is aimed at but I’m moaning as they gave something extra in an update that not only doesn’t work as it should but has also messed up the Standard game too! - That’s very very poor.

so I don't disagree on that Andy - they shouldn't release bad code but they will fix that. I predict before the end of the week or early next week.

I'm more focused on those moaning that they can't play modes without the SIC kit.

If I'm understanding this correctly the update has broken Black Knight SOR? I guess you'll have to wait for the programmers to sort a software fix but probbaly wise to hold off on further updates.

I really hope that they test future code updates better than this before they start updating peoples pins automatically.

Back
Top Bottom