What's new

New arrival , and back to an all stern lineup again ;)

**** the bed. I got off lightly then. And I only "almost" sold her a machine. That was traumatic enough.

That's the most outrageous story I've heard in pinball purchasing. Infact anything purchasing!!

Glad you got it but sorry you had to sell Congo and LAH to get out of the predicament.

Look forward to hearing the "18" version at the slam

What an excellent read :), I would have enjoyed it except I was the TSPP buyer who took 5 weeks ( I think ) to get my machine after paying for it when she was apparently desperate to get it removed from wherever it was or wasn't sited ( I duno, I'm pretty confused about the whole thing ).

The question is who is going to get the leading roles when its made into a movie?

****flaps Will can be played by that Little Lord Fauntleroy kid who was an antiques expert, went to university at 12, then turned into a woman. It's scary how their lives overlap. His good lady wife Jess can be played by that munchkin swimmer lady. And the evil unnamed baddie can be played by Fatima Whitbread in a leotard. Kevlar with his TSPP can be played by himself.

A brief cameo by Rudi will only be spotted by the forum purists.

Un ****ing believable:eek: Well out of order. Glad you enjoying game:)
I would put Stern metal leg protectors on and cut edges off as Stern do and hopefully mint again.

Cheers guys , it was a fricking nightmare. You wouldn't believe the text messages even if I showed you.

Dan you need to lay of the drugs dude ;) anyway that antiques roadshow person is much taller than me

Will

Isn't she called Sarah? I'm sure when I first started coming on here she was dithering on and off trying to sell an xmen one min she was selling next min she decided to keep it several times

Right on RudeDogg, Sarah Holmes is her name and goes by megatronpoppy30 over on the other site and I have a story to tell as well, but not today as I just haven't got the time. All I will say at the moment is that she isn't worth dealing with just too much stress and lies and excuses and greed!!! :mad:

Bumping this thread as I must have missed it before, I've only just started reading Yahoo Group mail so wasn't aware of this seller.

Could've been me next! :eek:

Beware all if a Congo comes up for sale on ebay.

Bumping this thread as I must have missed it before, I've only just started reading Yahoo Group mail so wasn't aware of this seller.

Could've been me next! :eek:

Beware all if a Congo comes up for sale on ebay.
Lo and behold... It's on the 3rd eBay outing in 2weeks.

Can it be that bad, as an ex-SWL machine? I doubt they sold it for less than £1500, and I think she's advertising at £1350 now. Is it nicked or something???

Yep I got an apology and it's all fine now, I don't hold a grudge against her , although it was a very stressful sale.
That Congo is a nice one it's Gregg's old one I believe, but if anyone goes to buy it just be prepared for the long haul ;)

I've also played it at SWL, nice machine I remember. Think it had a line out on the DMD, like top or bottom, can't remember. May well have been fixed or replaced. Peter please correct me if I dreamt that :).

May well have been fixed or replaced. Peter please correct me if I dreamt that :).

You're dreaming... it's never had a line out. And yes it is Greg's old machine that was looked after at SWL.

It's also been improved since it was at SWL with broken plastics replaced and the plane mod added.

You're dreaming... it's never had a line out. And yes it is Greg's old machine that was looked after at SWL.

It's also been improved since it was at SWL with broken plastics replaced and the plane mod added.
Apologies Pete, don't know where that memory came from. Dementia setting in I guess :confused:

Now may be a great time to buy from her as she realises she's in the last chance saloon and desperately wants good feedback. I say go for it. Offer her 12 and get it for 13.

There only one big problem with the machine........... the seller.
Buyer beware.

I have had more than one dealing with Sarah.............. never again.

Now may be a great time to buy from her as she realises she's in the last chance saloon and desperately wants good feedback. I say go for it. Offer her 12 and get it for 13.
I had a deal with her for the Congo for 1100 but she is just a nightmare to deal with. I gave up even though I might have got a bargain, she just keeps changing her mind and I just had enough.
Trust me she has not changed at all, if anything she is worse.

I had a deal with her for the Congo for 1100 but she is just a nightmare to deal with. I gave up even though I might have got a bargain, she just keeps changing her mind and I just had enough.
Trust me she has not changed at all, if anything she is worse.

leopard....spots....?

Copied from yahoo

Oh dear Sarah that is really a cheap shot blaming Will and Wiki for your item not selling on ebay. Whether you have or haven't apologised to Will doesn't really make everything ok as the problems he had with you were really only the tip of the iceberg of problems that buyers or potential buyers have had from you.

I thought that you had taken the suggestion on board of looking in a mirror and turning over a new leaf but apparently not, as the saying goes you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!

I suggest that you look in that mirror again and say to yourself, I must not say that the machine is huo only and in mint condition (when clearly it isn't), I must not say that I have cleaned the machine (when all I did was wipe it with a duster), I must not keep increasing the price that I am selling the machine for as I have financial problems, I must not keep ringing people and hassling them to send the money even if only part of it as I need it desperately, I must not ignore phone calls and slam the phone down on people, I must not use my personal life/relationship problems for not sorting out issues ("I can't deal with all this stress"), I must not screech down the phone, I must stop using other pinballers names in vain (machine belonged to so and so, seller so and so said he would buy it back any time, like hell he would), I must not send aggressive texts, I must not be sarcastic with people "enjoy your machine" before slamming the phone down, some other ones as well, I must not tell porkies as to the location of the machine, I must not say that I am going to be at home and then go out so people have wasted journeys, I must stop using upper case on wiki, I must not, etc, etc.

I am sure that there a lots of other problems that buyers/potential buyers have had with you but at least it is now out there and had it been previously I wouldn't have even entertained buying from you. Life is too short for all the hassle buying a pin off you brings!!

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware or rather just don't bother buying from Sarah Holmes as you will regret it :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why would ANYONE deal with her? I had a horrific selling experience with her. I will never ever consider selling to, or buying a machine from her again even if it was a BBB for £500 - the pain would be far too great.

Back
Top Bottom