What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NERG 2015 - Back to the NERG!

I thought the line up was ok, and a good spread.

Highly collectible classics like Addams Family, Fathom, Medieval Madness, Banzai.

Stern games like ACDC LE, Spider-Man, wheel of fortune, elvis, lord of the rings, monopoly, roller coaster tycoon

Good spattering of wpc games t2, demo man, judge dredd, whitewater, NBA, jack-bot, fish tails

Classic ballys paragon and vector

DE Star Wars

Gottlieb raven, robo wars, stargate, super mario

System 11 like swords of fury, police force, jokerz

EM magic city

Have to say huge thanks to Phil for continuing to put on such a great show. It's not every organiser that goes to such lengths as Phil does. Very generous in every way, and really makes every contributor feel like they are part of the event.

There were a couple of drop outs, but that happens at any show like this. Not enough pins? Bring one or two along with you ;) You will be made to feel very welcome

Great to see NERG getting more popular, the hall felt packed out with stuff and far less roaming space than previous years although I have to say I was really disappointed with the pin line up this time around and so I only came for a few hours on Saturday instead of doing 2 full days like I usually do. Felt like there were a lot less than last year, and no new Stern machines or JJP's etc. What happened there?
jesus, what a misery guts

Reactions: JMP
Thanks for the feedback, Pete. As you know, the amount if pins depends on the generosity of owners who want to lug their machines along to an event and see them thrashed for a full weekend. A totally selfless act.

Unfortunately, I lost 10 pins in the few final weeks leading up to the event due to family and illness issues.

The line up was still fantastic. There were 15 pins there that hadn't appeared at NERG before.

Always after pin donations. When I announce 2016 dates, can I rely on your support this time, Pete? Maybe donate some to boost numbers?

Last edited:
I'm only giving a bit of feedback you fvcking prick. Licking **** isn't my style.

Absolutely no need for that IMO :eek: Bring a pin yourself before dishing out the negative feedback on the number of pins at an event :thumbs:

Well guys after a long weekend at NERG and my WH20 sound card playing up - i am amazed it was still working last night when I got it home - but today its not so good but I think you can easily see why - a few cappys and resistors to replace and she will be up and running again. I fixed the VUK the shaft was 6mm too long now its perfect, but just as I was about to get the 'bell end' award for breaking Marks WH20 and then Paul Garner stole it from me (but we wont go into that lol!!) it looks like it may go to my mate Chris, who was about to put a probe from his meter onto an earth screw right next to connector J108 of the power board when there was an almighty arc !!! It turns out that the connector states all pins are N/C but in fact the pin nearest the earth screw has 72V DC on it no wonder there was a flash!!!! looks like you caught that pin Chris and grounded it to the screw - Oops!!! Anyway all is working now and we learn a lesson every day lol!!! Here is a close up of said soundcard before I repair it !!!

@replicas @TYHO

View attachment 17996
Crispyness fixed and now working a treat !!! looks a little better than before lol!!!! @replicas @TYHO

IMG_0362.JPG

Nice work,buy a fibreglass pencil and remove the soot-it CANoccasionally conduct - few secs to remove and pen willl last a while and be uber helpful re pinrepair!Also reflow the bigger tantalum cap

Nice work,buy a fibreglass pencil and remove the soot-it CANoccasionally conduct - few secs to remove and pen willl last a while and be uber helpful re pinrepair!Also reflow the bigger tantalum cap
will do mate the bigger tant is the new one so why reflow ??? ps did you see my early post re the 70V DC pin you accidentally grounded lol!!!!

Back
Top Bottom