What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My RFM Super Mod - Development

Please do Jim - Much prefer those Gray ones as opposed to the standard ones that came with the kit :D

Cracking Job!

See my store page for the options and ordering info on my new saucer plastics. The saucer plastics are being sold with a pcb board installed and clear/green dome so they are plug and play swap overs and you don't risk damaging your original/repro plastic trying to get the pcbs in and out :)

Hi, Yes you can pre-order for batch 2 on my website store here - http://www.mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp This will secure you in the queue for a kit and i will contact you with the remaining cost plus shipping and any extras that you want once the kit is built and tested. The standard batch 2 kit does not come with grey saucer plastics. My enhanced metallic plastic ones are available for an additional £25 with the kit or you can use your own, or some of the other 3rd party ones being created.

Enhanced saucers plastics in a range of colours with pcb boards and clear dome fitted are also available separately from my store, should you wish to upgrade or alter the look later.

My standard RFM saucers are in good shape, they're fine to use?

I got my saucer plastics order today pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_smile.gif So i have metallic grey plastics now in stock for orders or upgrades.

IMG_3859.JPG

Also, i got through some other samples and really really happy with these to pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_smile.gif

1) Black 'Evil Stealth' Saucer!!!

IMG_3857.JPG IMG_3858.JPG IMG_3861.JPG IMG_3862.JPG

2) Bronze Steel 'Evil Empire' Saucer!! (This is solid metal, not plastic!)

IMG_3854.JPG IMG_3855.JPG IMG_3869.JPG

Some pics of them both installed in my game

IMG_3870.JPG IMG_3871.JPG IMG_3872.JPG

You can order all these types on my store page here - http://mypinballs.co.uk/electronics/store.jsp

Cheers pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_smile.gif

Argh, stop giving us so many choices :)
I think I'm sticking with the grey metallic.

Very nice! Are we getting any closer to shipping batch 2 of the kits?

Very nice! Are we getting any closer to shipping batch 2 of the kits?
Bumpity bump, bumpity bump!

Sorry i missed your post. Didn't get a notification. Batch 2 kits are starting to ship now and i'm working through all the pre-orders in date order. If you ordered earlier this year then please look out for your final invoice now. Once all pre-orders are fulfilled then i will keep a small number in stock and replenish as they are sold. At this point pre-ordering will close and a small price increase will most likely be applied.

Cool thanks! I ordered on 21st April.

Great Stuff. I will be getting them out to people and finishing the batch 2 orders as quickly as i can. I will continue to keep everyone up to date on this thread and the pinside one with progress :)

Received and fitted today. Those new saucers are really nice.

mod-both (Large).JPG

mod-close-up (Large).JPG

Exciting times. Hopefully mine will be coming soon.

Few new comments from buyer received in the last few days :)

• "Installed it today, great MOD, amazing quality, super easy to install!"
  • "Just fitted saucer kit yesterday. Fkn superb. Awesome job. Thanks so much"
  • "Overall, a very well made kit and the new saucers are even nicer than I expected."

Always nice to get great comments back.

The other day when the rains came and the sky was dark, I stepped back and admired my RFM with the lights flashing and spinning in all their glory.
It was a thing of beauty that I don't normally get to see as the room gets a lot of sunlight.

I've just finished modding my mod with 3mm acrylic rods. This stuff was described on ebay as 3mm optic fibre but I think it's just acrylic rod really. Here are some pics.

IMG_2147 (Large).JPG

IMG_2145 (Large).JPG

IMG_2149 (Large).JPG
IMG_2152 (Large).JPG

@myPinballs Can the LEDs produce any colour or is there a limited palette? (I'm thinking about the yellow lights that go with the orange modes).

@myPinballs Can the LEDs produce any colour or is there a limited palette? (I'm thinking about the yellow lights that go with the orange modes).

I created a set of colours which i am very happy with. You can see the 13 different ones on the power up sequence as the game boots. I created 13 different one based on a lot of experimentation and hours or work tweaking the different levels. The palette is actually 16,581,375 of colours but in reality for pinball there are only around 13 or so which are noticeably different in this application.

The RHS 'weapons' set of modes though orange inserts on the playfield are synced to strobe yellow colours on the saucers as during development i felt that this was a better distinction for the game from the red setting. Also, on the screen graphics these modes show more of a yellow colour than orange for related information and the game start saucer stream. However, as you have requested this already as a feature through the feature request system on my website i am now looking at possibly adding a controller dip switch setting to change this colour to orange, as i believe options/settings for these types of things is a good idea.

It's good to hear that they can do so many colours. I had no idea how they work and I was thinking that they might only do 7 colours. Thanks for looking at this.

It's good to hear that they can do so many colours. I had no idea how they work and I was thinking that they might only do 7 colours. Thanks for looking at this.

There will be future software updates to my kit to add new features and possibly saucer patterns etc as time allows. This is one of the reasons for developing using arduinos and embedded controllers. The kit is not limited to a single release of software or fixed forever.

By the way, the on screen text for the Weapons modes is very much orange on my monitor, it's close to the colour of the beam on the playfield.

Batch 3 pcb blanks arrive tomorrow all being well then assembly will start up again.

Update on latest software changes . All kits now ship with v1.1.0

Details are:

1) Dip switch 2 now sets the weapon modes (RHS) saucer colours to orange if on, or standard yellow if off
2) Dip switch 3 & 4 now set the brightness of the overall rgb lamps. There are 4 brightness levels available. (See the attachment for more details)
3) Bug fixes in some of the saucer pattern cycling and ordering
4) Additional patterns added to all mode sets

image.jpeg

This update is available for FREE for any owner. You can download from my websites user area. If you don't want to manually update your controller card I can supply updated processors for £20 plus postage.

Back
Top Bottom