What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new STTNG

Yep standard x3

Thanks mate

Almost everything ordered.

Lane extenders out of stock but they can wait.

I'll get the colour DMD next month or when I get the Jackbot money. Is there any particular brand or outlet that I should be looking for?

Thanks mate, I'm going to take my time getting it together and up to scratch. I've waited 15 years for one of these so I'm going to get it up to spec before playing it.
Funny I just remembered the first time I saw this game was in Askew Crescent just off Acton Vale in the nineties, a garage had a few machines and this was one and we thought it was amazing at the time. Company called Wembley Loudspeakers were in that road too that I used to get speakers from. Ahh happy days.

Last edited:
Funny I just remembered the first time I saw this game was in Askew Crescent just off Acton Vale in the nineties, a garage had a few machines and this was one and we thought it was amazing at the time. Company called Wembley Loudspeakers were in that road too that I used to get speakers from. Ahh happy days.

I used to live down Wormholt road, I used to cut through Askew Crescent on my way home from my Nan's who lived at the top of Askew Rd. . . . happy memories.

Just found an old receipt in the paperwork.

It was serviced and new flippers built by Pinball Mania from Leatherhead in 2006.

If your mate can replicate the DMD cover I'd be very interested in seeing how much he would want for the job. Do let me know.

Hi Mike, just a quick update . . .

I have found a firm that will perform the laser cutting. The really expensive/time consuming part is the technical drawing which I'm going to do myself on Adobe Illustrator.

I need to work out dimensions and thickness but I work off the measurements of the perspex panel currently in place that should do it.

Hi Mike, just a quick update . . .

I have found a firm that will perform the laser cutting. The really expensive/time consuming part is the technical drawing which I'm going to do myself on Adobe Illustrator.

I need to work out dimensions and thickness but I work off the measurements of the perspex panel currently in place that should do it.

I'm also thinking that a couple of minor adjustments might be in order? Perhaps the federation symbol on one side and the Borg on the other? Perhaps 'Residence is futile' as the lower text?

Silly to go to all the trouble of reinventing the wheel then just making an exact replica.

71499195_2533283886760735_272223698759450624_o.jpg

Also folks, what size do I need to undo these bolts please? Clearly my metric set is not correct.

20191105_150125.jpg20191105_150125.jpg

Also folks, what size do I need to undo these bolts please? Clearly my metric set is not correct.

1/4in nutdriver :thumbs: Everything on a pin will be imperial as they're US made so you'll need to buy a few tools :)

No you need imperial I think that’s 1/4”

All pinball games annoyingly are imperial.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No you need imperial I think that’s 1/4”

All pinball games annoyingly are imperial.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Neil, you've come up trumps again.

Incidentally the things on that list have started to arrive.

1/4in nutdriver :thumbs: Everything on a pin will be imperial as they're US made so you'll need to buy a few tools :)

Thanks mate . . . . as you suggested I've just 'Ordered a few tools'!

Alas even though I'm a plumber my tool kit is next to useless for these things.

Far from my final question 😬😬😬

Who does the best LED kits please?

Also I've read the Colour Dmd thread and it seems as though the LED is the preferred version for the STTNG rather than the LCD.

Far from my final question 😬😬😬

Who does the best LED kits please?

Also I've read the Colour Dmd thread and it seems as though the LED is the preferred version for the STTNG rather than the LCD.
I assume you mean LED screens rather than LED bulbs.

ColorDMD IMHO - LCD version, particularly for STTNG....

I assume you mean LED screens rather than LED bulbs.

ColorDMD IMHO - LCD version, particularly for STTNG....
No I mean the LED bulb kit for the STTNG.

I would not know a quality LED from a sh1t one so just asking for advice.

No I mean the LED bulb kit for the STTNG.

I would not know a quality LED from a sh1t one so just asking for advice.
Sorry - read the last line first - doh! I use Comet but they are expensive to import - others will know of decent ones in the UK or Europe.

For ColorDMD LED vs LCD - it's a personal preference. LCD for me. I have 3 LEDs and 2 I really don't like (but one is in Spiderman which I think should be LCD), the rest are LCDs. Again others can give you their preference.

Sorry - read the last line first - doh! I use Comet but they are expensive to import - others will know of decent ones in the UK or Europe.

For ColorDMD LED vs LCD - it's a personal preference. LCD for me. I have 3 LEDs and 2 I really don't like (but one is in Spiderman which I think should be LCD), the rest are LCDs. Again others can give you their preference.
As above.

Comet sunlight white frosted. Cool white might suit STTNG too, have a look around. I don’t buy kits, just bulbs. Some like to colour match certain inserts, I‘m less bothered and only colour match any bulbs that are above the playfield (e.g. a yellow bulb condom replaced with yellow frosted LED). You may see some harsh strobing and brightness - look into LED OCD, GI OCD and the afterglow products. GI dims on STTNG which is lost with LEDs without an GI OCD board. Don’t buy insane bright LEDs if you value your eyesight. someone might be doing a USA trip soon, maybe ask on here!

LCD Colour DMD (check its the new IPS panel which they just announced). LCD vs LED is personal preference - it’s really up to you, both are still a massive improvement.

Cheers for the input folks.

I did buy some LEDs for my Popeye but three have stopped working already so I'm reluctant to use the same supplier.

Do these things get detached from underneath?

I assume that stripping the playfield before cleaning is the correct thing to do?

20191105_202251.jpg

Three holes meaning the drain can be closed up a bit! 😀

Does anyone know what those black rubber cylinders are called please and do they come in other colours? 20191106_191050.jpg

With the out lanes closed up and lane extenders it still drives you crazy when it drains 🤯

Back
Top Bottom