What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first and only one

10DJ

Registered
Been allowed by other half the space for one pinball in the house
My question is , is there one pinball that you can own for looks and playability and not want another

I thought that was the case
So whats a good first machine at around £2.5k to start my never ending journey

Where abouts in the uk are you? There might be members close by who’d be happy for you to come over and try some game

Definitely worth going somewhere to try out a few. Your first pin - it ought to be something that really gives you a buzz.

I am getting my first pin next week. I understand from everyone that one pin is enough and it doesnt lead to more and more and more and more pins.

Which is a comfort. I just want one...

Uh-oh.

Been allowed by other half the space for one pinball in the house
My question is , is there one pinball that you can own for looks and playability and not want another
Yeh - go to Flip Out London with your other half and find one or two you both enjoy and then post a 'wanted' on here.

Good luck. I look forward to seeing the posts of your home arcade this time next year🤭

2.5k unlikely to get you a long termer as a sole machine. Just pay the right price for a good wpc title (DH, JM, RS, FT ....) from a known seller, keep for a while, replace with another

I could honestly play BSD forever and never need another pin. Perfect ratio of difficulty vs reward. Plenty of nice shots and features. It never gets old. £2.5k will buy one.

No but some games are deeper than others and will last a long time, eg LOTR or SPP. They are not within budget though. I can only have one pin at home and I normally swap after a few months. I can see myself having LOTR for at least a year.

Of course that pin exists. But you have to play a lot of them to find that one that will do you forever. My question is why bother buying a pinball table if your not even certain of which one you want, it’s a big investment of space for something you may stop using after a week.

I spent 3 years deciding when I get one it will be roadshow (if I ever afford a house). I am certain I will play that roadshow for the next 20 years I love it so much - I’ve played so many pinball tables but I’d say RS racks up about 30-40% of my total lifetime plays on any machine.

half the fun is finding out. So go find out

I buy pinball tables all the time that I'm not certain about. Whilst it is a big investment, it's not a big risk and they are an asset and can be sold on. On that basis, unless you are buying something that is likely to take a big hit, it's not a problem. And they tend to be newer, niche tables anyway. Not sure that it's a big risk buying older machines that have already depreciated.

Back
Top Bottom