My first and only one

10DJ

Registered
Dec 11, 2019
west sussex
Been allowed by other half the space for one pinball in the house
My question is , is there one pinball that you can own for looks and playability and not want another

OP
10DJ

10DJ

Registered
Dec 11, 2019
west sussex
I thought that was the case
So whats a good first machine at around £2.5k to start my never ending journey

Durzel

Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2017
Bath, UK
Definitely worth going somewhere to try out a few. Your first pin - it ought to be something that really gives you a buzz.

DevilzAvocado

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2019
Banbury
I am getting my first pin next week. I understand from everyone that one pin is enough and it doesnt lead to more and more and more and more pins.

Which is a comfort. I just want one...

Uh-oh.

DevilzAvocado

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2019
Banbury
Been allowed by other half the space for one pinball in the house
My question is , is there one pinball that you can own for looks and playability and not want another
Yeh - go to Flip Out London with your other half and find one or two you both enjoy and then post a 'wanted' on here.

Good luck. I look forward to seeing the posts of your home arcade this time next year🤭

Reactions: biglouieuk

DRD

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Newark
2.5k unlikely to get you a long termer as a sole machine. Just pay the right price for a good wpc title (DH , JM , RS , FT ....) from a known seller, keep for a while, replace with another

insx

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2014
Essex
Alias
Tim S
No but some games are deeper than others and will last a long time, eg LOTR or SPP . They are not within budget though. I can only have one pin at home and I normally swap after a few months. I can see myself having LOTR for at least a year.

DonData

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2019
Hades
Alias
DonData
Of course that pin exists. But you have to play a lot of them to find that one that will do you forever. My question is why bother buying a pinball table if your not even certain of which one you want, it’s a big investment of space for something you may stop using after a week.

I spent 3 years deciding when I get one it will be roadshow (if I ever afford a house). I am certain I will play that roadshow for the next 20 years I love it so much - I’ve played so many pinball tables but I’d say RS racks up about 30-40% of my total lifetime plays on any machine.

half the fun is finding out. So go find out

MartinY

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2017
Hampshire
I buy pinball tables all the time that I'm not certain about. Whilst it is a big investment, it's not a big risk and they are an asset and can be sold on. On that basis, unless you are buying something that is likely to take a big hit, it's not a problem. And they tend to be newer, niche tables anyway. Not sure that it's a big risk buying older machines that have already depreciated.