What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving pins around - what do you use?

BobWood

Registered
Just curious to find out what people use for moving their pins.
I have a mobile motorbike scissor lift, it cost less than £90 and can lift 300lb (enough for pins but not quite enough for pool table- but it does take some of the strain). up until today, the only ’fault’ with it was the lowering, it was vicious. Well, had a play today and can now lower as slowly as I like.
C3C42C8D-D8F0-4058-B33F-7C8DDF3FE2F8.jpeg161F82BD-83CE-40A8-AE67-E0C00498EF3C.jpeg

That thing looks handy, could do with something like that. I'm still using the old faithful here at Majestic towers 😂 £25 from B&Q about 4 years ago, has got about 13 pins up and down 3 flights of stairs fine. Bought a £100 hand truck last year and used it once and took it back. Sometimes the cheaper option is far superior.
15816068413352652171962052713482.jpg

Tbh at the moment "its" called Danny who uses old faithful (sack trolley) yellow beryl (table lift) and if lm sick of the sight of it percy (the sledgehammer). We also have the "pool team" if some monster video game arrives

I use this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300-kg-H...Platform-Table-Scissor-Lift-BLUE/153793616568

Assuming it's the same version (mine is red, bought in 2018) it has a foot pedal for both lifting and lowering, which means you can stick it under the pin all towards the back (where most of the weight is) and raise it with your foot. Has a very soft lower action too, will drop it as fast or as slow as you want.

I don't have the upright handle part of it fitted.

That thing looks handy, could do with something like that. I'm still using the old faithful here at Majestic towers 😂 £25 from B&Q about 4 years ago, has got about 13 pins up and down 3 flights of stairs fine. Bought a £100 hand truck last year and used it once and took it back. Sometimes the cheaper option is far superior.
View attachment 101900
You can’t beat the old sack truck. Do you ever have cause to move machines when they are in normal playing mode?

I use this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300-kg-H...Platform-Table-Scissor-Lift-BLUE/153793616568

Assuming it's the same version (mine is red, bought in 2018) it has a foot pedal for both lifting and lowering, which means you can stick it under the pin all towards the back (where most of the weight is) and raise it with your foot. Has a very soft lower action too, will drop it as fast or as slow as you want.

I don't have the upright handle part of it fitted.
That’s a nice option, I suppose you get what you pay for...

You can’t beat the old sack truck. Do you ever have cause to move machines when they are in normal playing mode?
Very rarely, when I have a new machine and I want to rearrange things then I'll move them when they're set up but I'm so tight for space in my flat it really takes up a good few hours moving them around if I decide to... It's a huge pain

I've got a trolley like the one above, and recommend that you get one. The pin skates are ok as well but I find them a bit shaky.

Tbh at the moment "its" called Danny who uses old faithful (sack trolley) yellow beryl (table lift) and if lm sick of the sight of it percy (the sledgehammer). We also have the "pool team" if some monster video game arrives
Ah, the sledgehammer, in my army days we used to call it ‘tool fine adjustment’, works most times.

Ah, the sledgehammer, in my army days we used to call it ‘tool fine adjustment’, works most times.
Reminded me of this - have just finished listening to it on audible - I highly recommend it

Attachments

• 51RIkfoQIcL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    51RIkfoQIcL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 25
I do the turtle: on all 4’s, push up and then move very slowly.
I’ve done it for very short distances and it works surprising well. You get a real feel for the balance. And there is no strain whatsoever on the lower back. I know.....as I have a herniated disc pre Pinball hobby and has never gave me issues during the manoeuvre 😂😂😂

Also have swapping Pinball legs sussed whilst upright position without use of mechanical aids......no issues 👍

Just curious to find out what people use for moving their pins.
I have a mobile motorbike scissor lift, it cost less than £90 and can lift 300lb (enough for pins but not quite enough for pool table- but it does take some of the strain). up until today, the only ’fault’ with it was the lowering, it was vicious. Well, had a play today and can now lower as slowly as I like.
View attachment 101896View attachment 101897
Does that fit in between the front legs matey?

While my little lift does the job, it is not ideal. It is a bit awkward if you want to pull a pin out of a line (hands and knees and pump by hand).
I do like Mark9’s table scissor lift. Stable, lift machine from front, more control on decent, yes, I think I’ll put one of those on my wish list

While my little lift does the job, it is not ideal. It is a bit awkward if you want to pull a pin out of a line (hands and knees and pump by hand).
I do like Mark9’s table scissor lift. Stable, lift machine from front, more control on decent, yes, I think I’ll put one of those on my wish list
Yeah, @mark9 looks good , and looks very stable, might be a bit bulky storing it though.. Also....not being pedantic but JJP Weight is 159 Kg will it lift it as it’s rated 150Kg?
Edit: sorry, not bulky Table dimensions 700x450x35

Last edited:
Looks like the handle folds down so should be able to store under pin? failing that I was thinking of under the pins but from the side.
As for the weight issue, I think I'd try it and see (there's bound to be a bit of room between rated load and absolute maximum) - better than getting on all fours and lifting with your back...

Looks like the handle folds down so should be able to store under pin? failing that I was thinking of under the pins but from the side.
As for the weight issue, I think I'd try it and see (there's bound to be a bit of room between rated load and absolute maximum) - better than getting on all fours and lifting with your back...
For sure mate 😂

Back
Top Bottom