DG126TW
Reactions: mark9

mark9

Site Supporter
Sep 7, 2013
Lincoln, Uk
Alias
Mark Craven
Yeah was about to say the same just measured a Stern and it’s just under 50cm between the legs at the base of the cab.
Shame because the extra length would be very helpful. When you lift from the front with mine with the backbox upright you have to put weight on the front or the pin will tip backwards.

Reactions: Sako-TRG

mark9

Site Supporter
Sep 7, 2013
Lincoln, Uk
Alias
Mark Craven
I guess you could still get the trolley under if you push it all the way under from a low position where the legs are wider? Has anyone used the 300kg model?

strobey

Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2011
Derbyshire
pinball.live
Alias
Tim
Ive got one of the bigger ones and it does fit between the legs when fully down. When lifting, the flat bed moves forward slightly so the pin is fully on the bed with no edges showing. Handle then fits between front legs fine.

Tim

Reactions: Sako-TRG and mark9
OP
B

BobWood

Registered
Aug 21, 2019
Neyland, Pembrokeshire
OP
B

BobWood

Registered
Aug 21, 2019
Neyland, Pembrokeshire
I must admit, I didn’t envisage the lift being taken out of the pin room. a scissor lift table isn’t really a mobile device (unless you have the luxury of a vehicle with tail lift).

So, I was thinking of a table scissor lift for shuffling machines within the house and/or the garage (if I ever get round to converting it - 10m x 3m and was used as hairdressing salon at one stage so has double walls just needs false ceiling and a load of insulation, oh, and my junk shifting out...)
A sack truck for other stuff (being In Wild West Wales there is not the same amount of machine shuffling for events, etc. As there is in busier places).

Although, I do like the sound of a sack truck that can be laid down and a lift put under it to lift up to put legs on (I’m getting to the stage where mechanical advantage is my friend.

Rob zombie

Site Supporter
Nov 30, 2018
Cheshire
That thing looks handy, could do with something like that. I'm still using the old faithful here at Majestic towers 😂 £25 from B&Q about 4 years ago, has got about 13 pins up and down 3 flights of stairs fine. Bought a £100 hand truck last year and used it once and took it back. Sometimes the cheaper option is far superior.
View attachment 101900
I bought a green one from B&Q last year and it's completely useless for moving pins. The geometry is terrible. The position of the wheels means its near impossible to tilt it backwards with a pinball machine on board. Complete waste of money.

Matrixnetuk

Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Nottingham
Have you ever considered installing HD lockable castors on the back legs ....when you need to move the pin you just lift the front and move it like a wheelbarrow ;-)

OP
B

BobWood

Registered
Aug 21, 2019
Neyland, Pembrokeshire
I bought a green one from B&Q last year and it's completely useless for moving pins. The geometry is terrible. The position of the wheels means its near impossible to tilt it backwards with a pinball machine on board. Complete waste of money.
Yes, I know what 6ou mean, you have to lift the whole weight before it starts to tilt. Maybe something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Du...ng-Sack-Truck-Trolley-Cart-200kg/123758967079
stair climbing sack truck , the weight distribution on tilt looks much better and may be small enough to put in car?

OP
B

BobWood

Registered
Aug 21, 2019
Neyland, Pembrokeshire
Have you ever considered installing HD lockable castors on the back legs ....when you need to move the pin you just lift the front and move it like a wheelbarrow ;-)
Now there’s something to think about, would have to be wary of machine moving about when somebody is a little ‘physical’ with their ‘nudges’.

Rob zombie

Site Supporter
Nov 30, 2018
Cheshire
Yes, I know what 6ou mean, you have to lift the whole weight before it starts to tilt. Maybe something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Du...ng-Sack-Truck-Trolley-Cart-200kg/123758967079
stair climbing sack truck , the weight distribution on tilt looks much better and may be small enough to put in car?
Yeah I desperately need a better solution. The wheels are set so far back on this thing that you can hang your entire body weight (13.5 stone) off it and it won't tilt even an inch.DSC_0880.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: MajesticPinball