What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Pinball Meet - Flip Out's 2nd Birthday!!

Matt Vince

Site Supporter
You are all invited to the Monster Pinball Meet at Flip Out's 2nd birthday weekend on Nov 30th/Dec 1st.

There will be the Pinball News Cup, Birthday Bash and Monster meet competitions held over the weekend.

All entrants received a commemorative T-shirt and there will be trophies and prizes, also a well stocked fridge!

Members pay £6 for the weekend, non members £15 for one day or £25 both (Under 16's are free with a paying adult). Register at www.flipoutlondon.com

Last edited:
b00m looking forward to this! last year was brilliant!

!!!! Please Note !!!!

We can only get shirts in your requested size if you register before the end of this week due to the time it takes to get the shirts printed and delivered.

Formats for the wekend's competitions are

On Saturday -
The Pinball News Cup:
Players will be randomly split into two (or three depending on numbers) groups, playing a round robin of 2 player matches against the rest of the group, with the top four from each group qualifying for a best of 3 head to head knockout stage.

On Sunday -
Nine rounds of random 4 player games (matchpay will try to avoid you constantly playing the same people) with the top eight qualifying for a best of 3 knockout stage of four player games.

Over both days -
A selection of 10 games has been picked fpr play at any time over the weekend (including all on the same day). Everyone will play each game twice, and the scores are added together and ranked. The top 4 will play a 3 game final on Sunday.

Doors open on both days at 10am. Players need to register at reception by 10.30am. Saturday night the club will be open till late for party celebrations!

Formats for the wekend's competitions are

On Saturday -
The Pinball News Cup:
Players will be randomly split into two (or three depending on numbers) groups, playing a round robin of 2 player matches against the rest of the group, with the top four from each group qualifying for a best of 3 head to head knockout stage.

On Sunday -
Nine rounds of random 4 player games (matchpay will try to avoid you constantly playing the same people) with the top eight qualifying for a best of 3 knockout stage of four player games.

Over both days -
A selection of 10 games has been picked fpr play at any time over the weekend (including all on the same day). Everyone will play each game twice, and the scores are added together and ranked. The top 4 will play a 3 game final on Sunday.

Thanks for confirming Nickoss!; really looking forward to the weekend.

Quick question; would you recommend getting to the venue nice and early?; I ask, as last year I ended up in a situation where quite a few people who i was due to play against hadn't turned up by late afternoon and so I ended up playing all the matches I could against whoever was there and going home before the rest of my opponents arrived (had a party to get to) - i think I for-fitted the matches I couldn't play as I couldn't wait around😢 - That's not a moan; just checking to see if I'd be better off just arriving in the afternoon when everyone has arrived?

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming Nickoss!; really looking forward to the weekend.

Quick question; would you recommend getting to the venue nice and early?; I ask, as last year I ended up in a situation where quite a few people who i was due to play against hadn't turned up by late afternoon and so I ended up playing all the matches I could against whoever was there and going home before the rest of my opponents arrived (had a party to get to) - i think I for-fitted the matches I couldn't play as I couldn't wait around😢 - That's not a moan; just checking to see if I'd be better off just arriving in the afternoon when everyone has arrived?
It's a different format I think, so I'd make sure you're there by 10:30 for registration as indicated above.

Wont be able to register til tomorrow - is that ok? (no t shirt required for me although the illustration looks awesome)

And as wayne says - please get there early for registration (and please let us know if traffic is an issue on the day). We'll make allowances for rhat where we can, but you certainly won't be penalised for other people not turning up on time.

BOOM! Its going to be a great weekend! Will be bringing my streaming gear!

Neil.

Look forward to being streamed again Neil. Need to stand back from the game so the play field is visible on camera and not the back of my head!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a player ask if external lighting aids are permitted - to be clear they are not permitted at Flip Out.

Thanks and see you Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah he’s stopped using that now I heard! He didn't have it at Chicago Expo.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a player ask if external lighting aids are permitted - to be clear they are not permitted at Flip Out.

Thanks and see you Saturday!

That's strange, I've been specifically asked by the TD to bring the ones I've made down so that they can be used in the finals.

@Matt Vince (TD) and I discussed last night after the request came in and we re-iterated the policy (which dates from a request on an earlier tournament last year where we also stated this policy).

I have messaged with Wayne already about this. He is bringing some sets of his new lighting product down and i will be fitting them on some of my games.

To clarify, what we do not allow is for players to add or use lighting of their own on a game in our tournaments.

All set for this weekends birthday celebrations!

The line up of machines are:

Farfalla
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Count-down
Ali
Alien Poker
Eight Ball
Spooky
The Addams Family
Batman Forever
Circus Voltaire
Goldeneye
Space Invaders
Spirit
Harlem Globe Trotters
Nine Ball
Q*bert's Quest
Cobra
Quicksilver
Attack from Mars
Cactus Canyon
Twilight Zone
Terminator 2
Flash Gordon
Strikes & Spares
Dirty Harry
High Speed
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Future Spa
Black Pyramid
Dracula
AC/DC Premium
Space Shuttle
Scared Stiff
Phantom of the Opera
Corvette
Beat the Clock
Black Knight 2000
White Water
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Earthshaker
Road Show
Alien
The Simpsons Pinball Party
World Poker Tour
Transformers
Batman Dark Knight
The Walking Dead
Metallica
Lord of the Rings
Iron Man
Junk Yard
Embryon
Centaur
Iron Maiden Premium
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle
Medieval Madness Vector
Star Trek Next Gen
Pinball Champ 82

There is still time to sign up at www.flipoutlondon.com

Congratulations to Ed Rojas for winning the innagrual Pinball News Cup - winning with a (literally) showstopping performance, showing us all how it's done on 9 ball and Addams family.

Congraulations to worthy trophy winners, Greg Mott, Vin Jahaul and Stan Simpson.

77104918_3270189106387419_5285328012189892608_o.jpg

Full results are:

1Ed Rojas
2Greg Mott
3Vin Jauhal
4Stan Simpson
5Neil McRae
6Alex Berta
7Tim Thornton
8Craig Pullen
9Mike Parkins
10Sam McCourt
11Wayne Johns
12Rayne Passmore
13CJ Brown
14John Whitfield
15Nick Hamill
16Matt Vince
17Mike Kindler
18Graham Swaffield
19Edina Berta
20David Tucker
21James Fowler
=22Robin Kemp
=22Jay Parker
24Diane Bush
25Thomas Evrenos
26Lukasz Dziewulski
=27Ben Leigh
=27David Fowler
=27Bob Marlow
30Gavin Winning
31Andy Campbell
32Jenette Passmore
=33Tony Molloy
=34Dennis Osborne
=35Mark Johnson
36Lucy Vince
=37Emma Campbell
=37Sarah Vince
39Clive Bush
40Jay Miller
41John Boffin
42Ethan Campbell

Thanks Nick / really enjoyed today and Ed played amazingly well - congrats Ed!

Beaten by @Matt Vince by 40 points!!!

70a07f712e8595a8840fbc1ac9da5ae6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom