What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMR updates

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

New screen and topper!an

Also supposedly GI MC LED which I assume is only for newly made machines...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will it start to knock original MM pricing now? Or, if you believe it already has, will it knock it further?

Will it start to knock original MM pricing now? Or, if you believe it already has, will it knock it further?
I doubt it, when did you last see one for sale? I think there has only been 2 for sale on here this year and I’m gutted I missed the first one as it was really nice.

The XL display needed doing big time. Has anyone asked what upgrade is needed software wise? A lot of MMr had non coloured roms and that was a $silly upgrade - £300+ if i recall.

I bet it will also work in the 'classic' versions of AFMr and MBr - it is only a HDMI feed that goes into a screen after all.

*EDIT* Just noticed they are doing MMr MK2 and not selling this as an upgrade kit......

Last edited:
Where does it say they aren’t doing it as an upgrade?!

Neil

Its an upgrade PPS said over on Pinside that they will not be leaving MMr owners behind.

I need the topper & large display.

Where does it say they aren’t doing it as an upgrade?!

Neil

@philpalmer Said it's not available separately... Which is strange as i read the release and it intimates that it's an Add-on...

i'm sure i can tweak the wiring to work in some respect on the original :)

It’s very clever in the wording - I will see Ryan this weekend and ask him.

Of it’s not available as an add on the CGC won’t get any more business from me!

so:

Xl display $649
Topper $599
GI $99-199

(the GI price depends on topper or not).

Suspect a GI update will come for AFMR.

Tried to get Ryan to give any hint of next game and he basically said they will say nothing until its ready but others in the supply chain were adamant it was Cactus Canyon.

Have they also tweaked the actual display code? I love the colour display but occasionally there are scenes that just don’t look 100% finished. For example the fletching on the arrow for the score match is just an outline rather than feathers. I know it’s first world problems but I always thought it was strange.

Have they also tweaked the actual display code? I love the colour display but occasionally there are scenes that just don’t look 100% finished. For example the fletching on the arrow for the score match is just an outline rather than feathers. I know it’s first world problems but I always thought it was strange.

It looks like they have but I still saw the odd white screen.

Toppers screens and GI Kits Phil!!!

I've got an MMR LE, these these retrofit upgrades look absolutely awesome but is it really worth dropping the best part of £1k on them?

Yeah I’m the fence too, plus I think it’s going to be over 1k with VAT and handling etc.

Is there an approximate £ figure for full kit?

Probably not worth it no. Makes no ball and flipper difference. For me its purely cosmetic to match the other games I've got.

I'm still waiting for the peasant tax mod. Where mere mortals touch the flipper buttons only to discover their unknown fingerprints trigger the game to double its price on location. Whilst laughing, if possible.

Is there an approximate £ figure for full kit?

Yes, look at the dollar prices quoted, go to xe.com and convert, multiply by 1.2 for the VAT and you're about there.... when the FX is moving so much, I'm not going to quote GBP prices.

£550 for the topper then at current rates plus contribution for the shipping using the above.

Sorry I'm out - that's just ridiculous, despite being a lovely piece of work (Not your fault Phil!).... 😢

Back
Top Bottom