What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMr Unboxing day

Thanks to Aide for letting the 3 of us come round despite it being a bit later on. MMr played really nice, just like a B/W one if you ask me :thumbs:

Cheers for sharing your lovely pins with us Adie :thumbs:

The new MMR looks and plays great. Much more difficult than a B/W for some reason, I think it might just be the steep flipper angle, so I'd have a play about with that.

Hopefully I won't have nightmare tonight after you showed me the massive boards under the play-field :rofl:

Hope you enjoy the MMR :)

Cheers for sharing your lovely pins with us Adie :thumbs:

The new MMR looks and plays great. Much more difficult than a B/W for some reason, I think it might just be the steep flipper angle, so I'd have a play about with that.

Hopefully I won't have nightmare tonight after you showed me the massive boards under the play-field :rofl:

Hope you enjoy the MMR :)

I helped a friend set his MMR up Saturday morning, lovely machine. The flippers were set too low though, making hitting the castle drawbridge a lot harder than it should have been. Adjusting the flippers to be in line with the inlane guide made hitting the castle 10 times easier, it was only a small adjustment but made a remarkable difference. Only other niggle was the castle lock switch needed adjusting as it wasn't registering every ball. We both thought the speaker panel was pretty crap, didn't sit nice on the bottom of the back box, sort of bowed out in the middle. Overall very impressed, will be amazing once the colour DMD code is released/sold.

Last edited:
Have to agree with the flippers being slightly too low and we did struggle with the speaker panel, was hard to get the translate out. Had a couple of comments throughout the day about the lock shot but seems ok, will keep an eye on it.
Only other thing was the drawbridge does hang quite open, have read up and it is supposed to be but would like to compare it to see if mine needs a little adjustment.
Overall very happy and pleased with my game, I'm even happy with the gold as looks much better in the flesh than in pictures.

Have to agree with the flippers being slightly too low and we did struggle with the speaker panel, was hard to get the translate out. Had a couple of comments throughout the day about the lock shot but seems ok, will keep an eye on it.
Only other thing was the drawbridge does hang quite open, have read up and it is supposed to be but would like to compare it to see if mine needs a little adjustment.
Overall very happy and pleased with my game, I'm even happy with the gold as looks much better in the flesh than in pictures.
Drawbridge was the same on my friends, had a quick look at the mechanism and saw that a pin moves through an elongated hole/slot which seems to give all the play in the door, may still be possible to adjust it though. I guess original MM owners will have come across the same thing so know how to adjust it?

I thought I had broke it tonight, I hit the left troll as it was going down and it took the ball down with it, got the ball out but that troll would not pop up at all in a game.
Went into the troll test and it popped up but would not pop up in the game until I tested the switch which was the hitting of the troll.
Had me worried for 10 minutes as I was trying the troll switch which triggers the up and down and not the hitting switch which took me a while to figure that was the switch that had the error.
I thought it would work ok and clear itself in a game but the left troll would not come up at all until identified and tested the correct switch.

Keep the pics and comments coming guys. I'm guessing that all new in box pins come with a few niggles, right? And it's the Stern factory so they have a QC process in place for this stuff, right?

Nah, you're just crap. :D

Looks and played great Adie. I want one !

Thanks for the invite. Enjoy it mate.

Thanks for having us round Adie. Was a really fun day and always nice to play on a peachy new machine.

Afraid I only got the one photo though:

scontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_xtp1_v_t1.0_0_p240x240_12758cddabc553fcf1ec3379ce50c05380.jpg

I'm sure it's been knocked off by now though? :D

Loving mine too. Standard one, with chrome rails/bar

Back
Top Bottom