What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMr poor insert text - call from Chicargo Gaming

Adrian Hufton

Registered
I got a call today from Doug Skor from Chicago Gaming Company who wanted to discuss my MMr purchase and in particular my open ticket about the poor insert text.
He was very sincere and genuinely listened and took on board what I had to say.
He went into detail about the diffuser fix for the inserts and said how they feel that customers will be happy with the solution.
The said fix will be posted to me around the end of the week so I should have it in a couple of weeks or so.
He also discussed the update and listened and commented on my thoughts about the MMr so far.
They closed my ticket on the strength of this but stressed to get back to him if I was not happy.
Some may say it is a soft soap shut up call but I thought it was a nice touch and felt they really do give a damn for customer satisfaction and giving a quality product.
I will await the fix with an open mind but has anyone else had a call?
Cheers Adie - MMr 0565

I too received a call from Doug today . He came across as sincere and really wanted to make things right. I'm happy to give the diffuser a go although not looking forward to un clipping that board. Think I'll let Adie install it first. MMr 0566

Lol, I have the same fears although I had a look and it looks straight forward enough, I really hope it works as the game is near as perfect as I could wish for, actually had a go on my TAF after playing MMr and it felt really clunky somehow, dare I say I preferred the way the MMr felt?

Totally agree. More than happy with the game plays like a dream. If this fix tones down those harsh leds a bit it will be the icing on the cake

I've not made a ticket. Wondering if I should. Has no effect on the gameplay appearance really. Maybe if the software update gives the ability to turn the LEDs down.....

I would be surprised if they've shipped them yet, would have expected to see pics on pinside by now.

I agree but Doug said they were going in the post at the end of that week (usual MMr delays I suppose) and that was February, our office in West Virginia ships stuff to me and it only takes a week to 10 days.
If they were ready to ship as stated, people in the States should have had them a couple of weeks ago.

I'm interested to see what these look like, see whether they're worth opening a ticket for. Let us know when you get them installed.

I'm interested to see what these look like, see whether they're worth opening a ticket for. Let us know when you get them installed.
Always worth getting a ticket as next owner may ask for the fix;)

Yes that could be a problem.

I can live with it, seems like a bit of a mountain out of a molehill to me, I can still read the inserts even though the ink is thin.

I assume all the UK tables have the thin ink?

Mine does, daft question, how do I raise a ticket with them? Interested in getting the diffuser fix also. I've been head down on other work, did they release the software update formally yet?

software update is still in the pipeline.

I suspect all the UK tables have the thin ink issue

First diffuser kits have started arriving in the US. Looks a PITA to fit, about an hour and half job.

They're also saying you should contact your distributor for the kit.

Is this true @philpalmer are they sending the fix kits out through you?

Got an answer to the ticket I opened, they said the distributors should get them in 3 weeks.

A box arrived yesterday from Chicago gaming. I didn't get time to open it but it's probably your diffuser kits.

Cheers Phil. Mind you knowing CGS it's probably not the kits but a box of invoices for their colour upgrade;)

I am assuming I got 25 kits... but will hopefully open the box tomorrow

they sent me SIX damn kits! not 25! So I apologise, I will send 6 out today to random people

Maybe only 6 opened tickets with Chicago Gaming?

I opened a ticket, how many others did?

Well I fit my diffuser today.
The good news is I can now read the insert text. Is it better? well I guess it's a personal choice thing. I think it is better. Before I fit the diffuser I felt the inserts were too bright, I like to play in a dark room at night but I had to turn the light on to take the intensity of light from the playfield, looking through the glass I felt they mingled too much and made it difficult to see, and I have invisi glass on mine, now it has removed the glare. I will know more when I have a go at night!
They do look more like incandescent bulbs so if that's your thing you're on a winner, it hasn't dimmed things too much either.
Is it as good as a perfect insert printed playfield? Not a chance but at least you can now read them better.
It wasn't difficult to do but was a bit fiddly. I removed the board completely and the hardest bit was getting it past the sling mechs (had to loosen one side to give a bit of play) other than that it is just take your time and check and double check connectors.
I will post some pics if anyone wants to see how they look.
Thanks to @philpalmer for posting this out.
Cheers Adie

Back
Top Bottom