What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMr Firmware Update

Thanks to the power of Pinside, they knew people would pay for it from the comments after it was first announced.
There are people on there that would just send companies a blank signed cheque. Bonkers.

I tried to get a bulk deal... I tried to get distributor discount... all failed. Its $200!

So I will go halves with anyone who bought the MMr LE direct from me with who wants the upgrade... Downside is it would be $100 plus vat at todays horrible fx rate....

Phil

Phil, I'll happily take you up on your offer but you really shouldn't feel obligated to subsidise the purchases. I bought the game from you for many reasons. You didn't ever say that the colour part was part of your price when I placed the order, I think it's a very generous thing that you're offering.

That you are willing to do this speaks volumes. Compare this to the way that CGC have treated their customer and I know who I want to support in the future (The help you've given me with TWD is also very appreciated). We're very lucky to have you:clap: (The same also applies to Andy at Pinball Mania! I think we're a little spoilt in the UK compared to other territories). Not being a multi millionaire I've only ever bought 2 NIBs but why on earth would I ever try to source one from someone else when things like this happen? Thanks, I owe you a drink if we ever meet in person. :)

Cheers Phil, I'll take you up on your kind offer, any idea when you can get them for?

Can't it be hacked?

The code is there already just need unlocking. We paid for our machines, was lead to believe we would get colour for free at some point before they changed their minds, don't see why we or Phil should pay any more.

Very generous gesture from Phil though :thumbs:.

It may be possible to hack it, but I am not getting involved in that. So anyone (apart from Julian/John) who wants to take me up on it, let me know by end of this month so I can place the order.

Phil

Phil great gesture but uncomfortable with you shelling out of your own pocket. Not necessary

However want the upgrade so kindly order me one and will sort summat out.

I'd love to get the update Phil, so can you please order for me? I'd prefer not to see you out of pocket though on this so can pay the full whack for it

Just a slightly off topic question - can you still buy this remake? My wife really liked this when we played in in Tucson and I might surprise her. Assume the remake is as good as the original from a play POV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMr plays the same as an original. There's debate over the new boards etc and how they will stand up over time but the game play is the same.

Think you might the first person ever on the forum to be in the situation where you're purchasing a game for your wife rather than getting grief from buying one;)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;) lol

Reactions: JT.
I would say it looks and plays better than the original, though others would disagree.

The leds look great, coil strengths are adjustable and from what we've seen so far the colour LCD is a big improvement over the original's dots.

Thanks - will ping them a note to se if they have one

I tried to get a bulk deal... I tried to get distributor discount... all failed. Its $200!

So I will go halves with anyone who bought the MMr LE direct from me with who wants the upgrade... Downside is it would be $100 plus vat at todays horrible fx rate....

Phil
Hi Phil, when / how do you want paying :)

I will chase again, I only ordered them a month ago, its a bit much to expect PPS to have actually even READ THE ****ING EMAIL YET let alone even considered the possibility of SHIPPING THE GOD DAMN ****ING THINGS!

Not that I am at all mad about it..

Phil

I ordered a load of parts, a list as long as your arm from PPS, they take a month and send me a list as long as my fingers out of it. FFS.

Where's the gif for ****ers?

Yup I ordered something from them for my MB and just to get a response needed 9 hail Mary's

Back
Top Bottom