What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMr Firmware Update

Don't know what a SD card reader is. Hoping it's one of the ports on the side of my laptop as I really don't want to have to buy something new just for this download. Julian you're an IT guy do you have one of these thingys and if I give you an SD card could you stick the stuff on it for me?

Hopefully this means the holy grail of the colour update should now be getting closer.

Anyone here have the time+date problem? I've not experienced that one so far but I don't know if this is just a matter of time until it shows itself

The SD card reader is if you don't have an SD card slot on your PC/Laptop/Tablet. You put your SD card in it then plug the SD card reader into the USB slot on your device. They are less than £3 on Amazon/ebay.

John,

I have had the date+time issue half a dozen times, you power on and date+time is gone!

Planning to update later today.

Update done, you will need a 16Gb micro SD card with an adaptor for the PC, but MMr needs a microSD.

I tried an 8Gb one but as other users are saying this does not give you enough space for the image.

Updated mine last night and just had one game to see if I noticed anything different. My shaker was off, no big deal but I thought it was supposed to improve call outs, where as before only a couple were quiet, now they all seem quiet so not great in my opinion.
I need to have a look in the menu to see if there is a independent volume for such things and also need to put a few more games on to confirm my thoughts.
If not for the colour update which I hope will now be available, I think I preferred the original code!

I have already upgraded my MMr speakers & sub, made a big improvement, but also exaggerated the weakness of the v1.0 samples, from a few games on v2.0 it does appear to sound better.

Also found shaker to be off!

I see on PPS forum that some v2.0 folks are seeing the LED brightness / incandescent emulation not being as good as it was in v1.0 when a flipper button is pressed, could be a storm in a tea cup but will check it out later on.
Also did not check the screen tearing again will check tonight.

Now I'd like to ganders on the colour security chip!

So there is definitely an issue with v2.0 software and the insert flash rate when pressing the flipper buttons.
The right flipper button shortens the flash so the lamp appears 'on' more, whilst the left flipper lengthens the flash.

Two examples;

I will post to Pinside and raise a support ticket with CGC / PPS

Anyone else getting this issue?

IGNORE MY LAST POST;

From PPS / (Bald)Rick on Pinside;

All ... CGC confirmed that a dev tool (the flipper 'issue' that is used for testing the light mangement) was included in 2.0, and it shouldn't have, so something of a human error in the compile process. So, not so much a bug but a compile flag that was not turned off.

SO - do not use 2.0, and CGC is expecting to have V2.1 this afternoon or tomorrow.

rick

-----------------------------------

Can this company be any more useless?

Think I'll just wait for the colour update before attempting to put it any code on, surely that can't be far away now?

Well I'm on the 2.01 and although the bugs are fixed all my call outs are quiet, the princesses were really clear before but the music drowns them out more. I wouldn't bet on any further updates anytime soon either.
I've not seenanything about how to get the colour so it may still be ages away. Surely it is now ready for release?

2 MB vs 16000 MB. Wow.
Ok, plus the mask ROMs, but still.. wow.
The lost art of assembley programming. Very sad. 20 years on and Bally/Williams have more respect from me than ever... Despite his continuing successful career, I'm sure Lyman misses those glory days just as much as we do.

IMO real engineering is when you're given a platform and told what it can't do. Then you do it anyway. Hats off, Lyman, Mike, Larry, Cam, Dwight, Brian, Ted, Jeff... to name but a few. Really. Hats off...

Tim

Colour pricing announced:

High Definition Color Display Upgrade for Medieval Madness Remake

July 8, 2016

Chicago Gaming Co. (CGC)
Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc. (PPS)

The color display upgrade for Medieval Madness Remake (MMR) was a large investment delivering outstanding quality fully colorized output in high resolution which enhances the overall MMR game experience. This option will be available on ALL MMR's and the retail price will be $399+shipping. MMR Limited Edition (LE) original owners will receive a 50% discount of the retail price or $199+shipping.

The MMR color display upgrade will be a hardware (security chip) upgrade and will include the latest software revision (SD card) required in order for the color to be enabled. Full instructions are included in the kit.

The color upgrade will be available as follows:

- MMR LE Owners: the CGC kit will be available from Planetary Pinball webstore (http://www.planetarypinball.com) for $199 and will require customers to enter their LE# (from the Apron or Serial # on the back of the game) which will be verified by CGC that the owner matches the LE#

- MMR Standard Owners: you will be able to order the Color upgrade for $399 from any MMR game reseller who elects to offer them.

Kits are being created now by CGC and as soon as PPS receives notification that they are on the way they will be available for purchase - we are not going to take pre-orders until we are confident that the kits are on their way - we will update everyone when that happens. CGC indicated that the kits would be completed in next week or two and PPS will post an update when that happens and enable kits to be purchased on the store.

NOTE: We would encourage any original MMR LE owner (as well as all MMR original owners help with general warranty support) who has not submitted their warranty info to Chicago Gaming Company to do so as soon as possible as this will be one of the ways to verify the customer against the LE#. You can now email the warranty card info to salesadmin@chicago-gaming.com and please use the subject "MMR Warranty Registration" in the subject line. Warranty registration is particularly important when games were shipped to a reseller and then sold to the end customer.

NOTE: For LE original owner orders - if we have trouble verifying your LE# that may result in a delay in fulfilling your order.

Skim read it originally and saw $200 and then 50% discount for LE owners and thought that's not so bad. Then read it properly $200 is after the discount:eek:

Normally I don't agree with piracy but it'll be hard to feel sorry for them when it gets cracked. Everything they do makes me wonder who is going to buy machine #2 from them

Surely this should of been part of the price everyone originally paid wasn't it originally sold as having colour?
No it was only hinted that it might be free for LE owners. Seems that greed got the better of them.

When they announce AFM remake, I wonder if it will be the same price as MM as well as the additional cost to upgrade to colour LCD. That might be a hard sell for them.

NOTE: For LE original owner orders - if we have trouble verifying your LE# that may result in a delay in fulfilling your order.

This bit made me smirk. Year + delay in making the games. **** communication. You can't actually buy the colour kit yet and they have given a pretty vague date that this might happen on but they are now worrying that they might not be able to work out who their buyers were. Let me help them out, check your list of who you had to send your bloody diffusers to..... pretty certain that would cover all the UK sales.

AFMr is going to be a ****ing hard sale for them. I think MMr was £6.5k, If AFMr hits £7.5-£8 you'd have to really really want it. For me AFM is the better game but it's not worth that. I can see MBr have more potential sales. Wonder if they will ever get to machine #3

In comparison, how much is it to buy a retrofit colour display for an older DMD pin, along with the necessary software to control it?

Cheeky, very cheeky.

Admittedly; their ColorDMD looks better than the original's ColorDMD, but still.

People will still buy it.

Thanks to the power of Pinside, they knew people would pay for it from the comments after it was first announced.

$400 dollars for a chip and some code.:cuckoo:

At least with a ColorDMD you get some decent hardware for your money.

Back
Top Bottom