What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Mirror Blades

Expired Due to no activity

todler

Site Supporter
Hi, I am looking at making some mirror blades up for myself and wondered if anyone else on group would be interested in some. Just pricing up at the moment and have to get some test cuts made to confirm they are correct. Please note this is mirrored stainless.

Blades will be for most standard Bally/Williams and Stern games, but I am led to believe the odd game may need slight modifications to fit. Once cut I can confirm if they are suitable for Sega and Data East.

At the moment just looking at Chrome Mirror only, but if there is enough interest can get coloured mirrors but these are more expensive. Several colours are available but would want to narrow this down. Options are Black, Blue, Red, Green and Gold but need to get 16 of each (or near too) to make it viable. The coloured mirror is also of a slightly lower quality to the Chrome mirror but believe this does not notice and hopefully have samples on the way.

Budget prices depending on the steel at time of ordering would be, Mirror Chrome £65, Coloured Mirror £85 per set.

I would also try to get these done prior to the Pinball Party and see if I can get them there to prevent delivery costs (may be a handling fee to who ever helps) as I am 90% sure I can't attend. If you want them delivered I would have to sort a suitable way of shipping them and get costs.

Anyway if interested let me know how many you are after, colour, and for which manufacturer and will make a list.

Will update you in a week or so to see if I am proceeding.

Cheers Tony

Just an update. Had 10 possible orders so far all B/W standard mirror as most people are waiting to see what then come out like. Still waiting to get samples of the coloured mirror and likely to order only one sheet initially with 4 Stern and 4 B/W, again people want to see what they look like.Currently this is likely to be blue or Red but leaning towards blue purely to stick it on Tron.
Also having a bit of difficulty getting a company to cut the profiles and ensure no damage. Currently approaching my 4th. Initially I was going to get them water jet cut but there is a risk of the abrasive in the water damaging edge of mirror. Some laser cut machines also load material with automatic rollers which could damage mirror.
Hopefully get this resolved this week and get templates cut from cheap off cuts to ensure the templates are good.

Will update again when I have news.

Cheers Tony

Just another update. Finally had the test profiles cut to confirm the sizes are correct. Just tried them in an IM, G&R, Sega SWT and AFM. Glad to say they all fit correctly. Also have some of the mirror stainless as samples (Chrome and Gold) which look great.
Therefore it looks like the standard Stern blades will fit in most DE and Sega games as well.
Going to order the material next week and get it sent direct to the company to get the profiles cut. Also looking at getting 2 sheets of coloured mirror cut and this is likely to be Red ( AFM, SM etc) and Blue (Tron, Avatar, WW, FH etc)
Will contact those who asked for a set/s after they have been cut. Any sets for the show will be matched at the same price, any left over will go to eBay.
To make it cost effective I am funding a few sheets. Currently will be getting more B/W than Sterns but equal amounts of the coloured.
Cheers Tony

Hi, is there any way of putting a poll on here like you can on pinside. Still debating on what two colours to order with this batch. Still leaning on Red and Blue but existing suppliers in the US and Europe seem to do well with Black and Gold. Thought it would be good to offer something different ( and these 2 colours peronally would be good with GnR, Tron and AFM, but don't want to be stuck with them if not in demand)
Any thoughts or comments before I order on Tuesday

Cheers Tony

I will take a set of Red for Spiderman, Blue for Whitewater and if you are doing any Black I will take one of those for Addams.
Thankyou.

Hi, is there any way of putting a poll on here like you can on pinside. Still debating on what two colours to order with this batch. Still leaning on Red and Blue but existing suppliers in the US and Europe seem to do well with Black and Gold. Thought it would be good to offer something different ( and these 2 colours peronally would be good with GnR, Tron and AFM, but don't want to be stuck with them if not in demand)
Any thoughts or comments before I order on Tuesday

Cheers Tony
Tony,

Make a post and then underneath you have the option to post a poll (or should have). If you havent, give me a shout :)

Paul

I am interested in blades for my 2 pins but funds are limited atm. Will you have some unreserved at the pinball party?

If they'd fit I'd take a red set for Williams bsd and blue for data east lw3???
I can't make it to pinball party but will be at nerg and play expo otherwise would need shipping.

Hi, if interested in a set can you send me your email address by private conservation. Main aim of this project was to get them distributed at the pinball show to avoid shipping and handling. Will let people know about payment etc after I have them cut and will then contact all interested parties.
Any pre-ordered will be distributed at the show and but looking at payment upfront as I will be away for a couple of weeks. Blades will be checked before wrapping but will need to be checked by the buyer at the show on pickup. The protective film is left on and should not be removed until fitted. Instructions are supplied on how to fit.
See other post to vote on colours.

Cheers Tony

Anyone going to pinball party and play expo who would be willing to collect mine and then get them to me at expo?
Cheers.

I will be voting for black ones as they will look great in TAF. Then gold ones for IJ to go with the sunshine and other gold accents. Thought about green for CFTBL but mine feels very green already so normal mirrors will be fine.

This is my 1000 post. ;)

I will be voting for black ones as they will look great in TAF. Then gold ones for IJ to go with the sunshine and other gold accents. Thought about green for CFTBL but mine feels very green already so normal mirrors will be fine.

This is my 1000 post. ;)
Congrats on the 1k Dude.

Another update.

Placing the order tomorrow for the material etc so hopefully will have the final product in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed that everything goes OK as I have to shell out a load of dosh for these.
I have put everyone's names down on a list and will contact them after they are made to confirm if they still want them (hope so :eek: ) except for Wez maybe :(. At the moment there are no more Red Stern Blades available unless anyone drops out, with 3 B/W available.
Blue 3 B/W available and 2 Sterns.
I am also ordering a sheet of Black and currently 3 B/W spoken for (I left) and 4 sterns available.
Chrome Mirror is ok at the moment, however bigger demand for B/W over Stern.
Any requests I can not accommodate I will put names on a waiting list and hopefully make another order up.

Also looking into packing for a couple of people who have asked. Nothing confirmed at the moment as looking at a suitable way of shipping (6mm ply with bubble & shrink wrap)but looking as though it will be between £15-£20. Again nothing confirmed but will ship for cost of packing materials and actual shipping costs. However main aim is to get sent to the show at the moment.
Cheers Tony

Just to confirm you have me down for a set of Black B/W, as well as Red , Stern and Blue , B/W.

Yes, have you down for Red Stern (Spiderman), and Blue & Black B/W for WW & TAF.

Also amended Calamori's to 1 X Mirror and 2 X Black for B/W

That makes 4 B/W in black. I can either get a full sheet of 8 or get the other 4 done as Sterns

Cheers Tony

Just to confirm you have me down for a set of Black B/W, as well as Red , Stern and Blue , B/W.

i'm still not sure i understand what a coloured mirror would look like. i like the idea of putting some mirrored sides in my AFM (can anyone confirm that these don't cause reflection confusion and thus create any problem? i could do without even more drains!)

basically what i'm saying is yes please i'll take a set but i have no idea if i want a normal mirror or a coloured one. i only just worked out that B/W means bally williams, so bear with me as i'm a little slow

Can't comment on how they affect gameplay. I'm in the same boat as most of you. Wanted a set and ended up going down this path to make them more cost effective as have seen loads of pictures and they look great.
I'm sure a few people could comment for you. Also if you have done any reading on them you have to be very careful after fitting raising and lowering the playfield in case they scratch them. Someone may want to comment on tips for protecting them after fitting. Only option I have seen is putting small strips of draught excluder on the edge of the playfield, or putting a piece or card or similar down between the surfaces before lifting the playfield.
Cheers Tony

i'm still not sure i understand what a coloured mirror would look like. i like the idea of putting some mirrored sides in my AFM (can anyone confirm that these don't cause reflection confusion and thus create any problem? i could do without even more drains!)

basically what i'm saying is yes please i'll take a set but i have no idea if i want a normal mirror or a coloured one. i only just worked out that B/W means bally williams, so bear with me as i'm a little slow

Picture 498.jpg
Picture 499.jpg
Picture 497.jpg

To be safe when lifting and lowering the playfield Felt along the full side of the playfield will protect the mirror. Having said that never had a problem wth the CV pictured.
I think some machines are worse than others, just to be safe felt the sides.

Yes, have you down for Red Stern (Spiderman), and Blue & Black B/W for WW & TAF.

Also amended Calamori's to 1 X Mirror and 2 X Black for B/W

That makes 4 B/W in black. I can either get a full sheet of 8 or get the other 4 done as Sterns

Cheers Tony

Tony,
Did that include mine? Black B/W for TAF..

Cheers
Paul

Paul, believe I have everyones requests on a list at home (Name, mirror colour, and machine type) and sure I have not missed anyone out. A few people have made enquiries but have not specifically asked for any to be reserved.

Also just waiting for the pro-forma invoice but there is a slight hic-up for delivery times. The coloured mirror is out of stock and on a 3 week lead time so looking at roughly a month before I get the finished items back. However still in plenty of time for delivery to the show.

Cheers Tony

Tony,
Did that include mine? Black B/W for TAF..

Cheers
Paul

OK, another quick update. I have reservations for all the B/W Standard Mirror and Black Blades, and also the Stern Red Mirror Blades.

Therefore currently still available are Stern Standard Mirror (x5), Black (x4) and Blue (x1) and B/W Red and Blue (x3).

If these all work out OK and I can get the money in I will try and get another run in before the show.

Cheers Tony

Just got some samples sent through (except red). The blue is quite a dark blue but reckon it will look great on the Tron.
Also got a sample of purple which I didn't know was available, however I suppose the only machine this would suit is CV.
Pictures are Blue, Black and Purple
Looking forward to getting the finished product now

Cheers Tony
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom