What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Mirror Blades on 1 mm HIPS mirror (WPC, Spooky, Stern Spike 2) Silver or Gold

Expired Due to no activity
Well that didnt take long , moved the lockbar mech a couple of mm to the left to equal out the the way the playfield sat and bingo it allowed just about enough space to slide the blades in...pretty sure i will have to accept these blades are going to get scratched but heck they are 100% a big improvement on the original scraped up sides. Very Happy Bunny with the results thank you Xianek
Good job. TZ is probably the hardest to do. I still haven't done mine. I have a mirror-like foil on the sides and it is already ripped. Mirrors look really good on this machine. I am thinking about doing mine in black though.

I did think about black, however if i did that i would probably just re-spray it the mirrors look amazing on TZ
I don't disagree... I think mirrors are the best option for this pin. However mine has a slightly different look to it... I have designed the decals differently. There's more black and white...

20201029_142253.jpg

20aba3b75936d74896cd0e7226048794.jpg

c116354bfb6376937887f1d92627e6aa.jpg

Before

e3d9515f6a765ae39e50a821a1cbb0f8.jpg

Fitting, some cutting required, I screwed them with one screw under the lockdown bar as can be seen there and one under the head.

53b3b76ab0a4af9d0355408df56ef466.jpg

fb7c38c066ecc24f00fa64d01246670c.jpg

Love them, thanks
Cathal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get asked if the Mirror Blades are self-adhesive. No, they are not self-adhesive. You can attach them in two ways: with double-sided tape like 3M or Scotch, or you can screw them into the cabinet walls. I personally use 3M adhesive tape (9088).

1606037339276.png

I get asked if the Mirror Blades are self-adhesive. No, they are not self-adhesive. You can attach them in two ways: with double-sided tape like 3M or Scotch, or you can screw them into the cabinet walls. I personally use 3M adhesive tape (9088).

View attachment 125985
So easy to fit. Put playfield up verticle, offer up mirror blade and note where the pf is along the blade then fit 3 x 6 to 8 inch long bits of the 3M tape along the mirror blade, middle and front infront of pf and one at the back. Stick the tape to the mirror blade close to the top and leave the covering on the other side of the tape for now. Put blade in position in the cab and fix temporarily in place with electrical tape. Then bend the back end back enough to peel off the tapes backing and fit the back in place then the middle and front. Job done.

Back
Top Bottom