What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Mirror Blades on 1 mm HIPS mirror (WPC, Spooky, Stern Spike 2) Silver or Gold

Expired Due to no activity

xianek

Registered
Alias
Xianek
Brand new Mirror Blades for 3 platforms: WPC, Spooky Pinball, and Stern Spike 2.

68 GBP delivered to UK. Price includes 18 EUR of shipping cost. Savings on combined shipping are possible.

Example of my Gold Blades installed:

20200501_150605e.jpg

20200501_150910e.jpg

20200501_152008e.jpg

20200501_152906r.jpg

Last edited:
HIPS = High Impact Polystyrene Mirror

It's not metal. It's more plastic. It is a perfect mirror unlike metal.

Are they self adhesive or do you use double sided tape

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You can use double-sided tape, preferably 3M. Or you can use screws. Personally I use the tape. They are pretty light. Therefore good tape is enough.

1mm? Sounds a bit too think for some of the tighter playfields, no? You have any problem with scratches?

1mm? Sounds a bit too think for some of the tighter playfields, no? You have any problem with scratches?

Yes, for some WPC it might be tight, but if you move some of the plastics sticking out of the playfield, it will work. For Stern it's perfect. And I as far as I know it is fine for Spooky. I don't have problems with scratches, because I use protection whenever I raise the playfield. However I am sure some people will scratch theirs :) BTW:This is a tested product. It works.

The actual price is 60 EUR per pair + shipping (currently at 18 EUR to UK, a lot lower than I was able to ship before). So, if you buy more, or along with my other products, you save on shipping.

I’m sure I have seen a protector that you slide between the playfield and sides which is held on with magnets that stops the scratches, but can’t remember where from. Somewhere in Germany I think.

I like the look of these, please forgive my ignorance but what’s the difference between a stern Sam and a spike cabinet? Are they different sizes? Thanks

I like the look of these, please forgive my ignorance but what’s the difference between a stern Sam and a spike cabinet? Are they different sizes? Thanks
I'd like to know that as well. I don't have any SAM machines, so I couldn't test. Anyone? In fact I'd like to know if there are any differences between SAM, Spike 1 and Spike 2.

Cabs should all be OK ideally but they are made of wood and prone to warp/expand/contract/moisture etc over time so one mans 1mm might be another man's 10mm. Protectors are great when raising pf, so is thin cardboard and a bit of electrical tape!

I ordered some 1mm hips mirror myself a couple of weeks ago to have a go at knocking a set up myself just need to template blade first and transfer onto hips if I make a balls of it I'll be in touch lol [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I have a SAM, Spike1 + Spike2 and they look same to me.
Same vendor mirror blades have fitted all.
I can confirm that as well as of today.

So, I have mirror blades for Stern SAM, Spike 1 and Spike 2. I've also made mirror blades for System 9 and 11, and I have WPC and Spooky.

Today, I've fitted Stern Mirror Blades to my Iron Man VE 2020:

20200507_174832.jpg
20200507_174643.jpg

I can confirm that as well as of today.

So, I have mirror blades for Stern SAM, Spike 1 and Spike 2. I've also made mirror blades for System 9 and 11, and I have WPC and Spooky.

Today, I've fitted Stern Mirror Blades to my Iron Man VE 2020:

View attachment 107280View attachment 107281
That looks great!

Still don’t get that Mark 3 blue insert on the RE-VE though! Arc bonus maybe.

I have also made Mirror Blades for Williams System 9/11 machines. I also have Side Blades (Art Blades) for a couple of machines (Jurassic Park, Iron Maiden, ST:TNG, Star Wars), but I'll start a separate thread for that sometime in the future. It's best to ask. My Side Blades are printed on Transparent PET G in high gloss and reflect playfield elements.

To sum up: I have Mirror Blades available in Silver and Gold for the following platforms:
  • WMS System 9
  • WMS System 11
  • WMS WPC89
  • WMS WPC
  • Stern SAM
  • Stern Spike 1
  • Stern Spike 2
  • Spooky Pinball
If you order quick, I will throw something extra that was also cut out from HIPS, for example "ally" + "B", or "illiams" + "W" + two dots, or a "W" in a circle, etc :cool:

xianek-instagram.png

https://www.instagram.com/pinballxianek

Last edited:
Now I have the black HIPS and I've cut 4 sets as a test in total for: JJP, Stern, WPC, and System 11. These 4 sets are available right now. Here are some pictures how the material reflects. It is not a real mirror, but it is highly reflective and images are not distorted. Update: I now have mirror bladers for all platforms (I think).

20200610_081510e.jpg

20200610_081847e.jpg

Fitted some gold blades on my Hobbit today and thought I'd post some pics.

Overall they look amazing instead of the black space, especially with Hobbits fancy lighting. Easy enough to fit and secure with a bit of double sided tape. I only used a strip near the flipper buttons and the hinge bolt playfield did the rest.

In comparison to the gold metal mirror blades fitted on my LOTR, they are not as good, but it's very close and they are half the price. They show slightly more distortion as they are quite flexible. Also if you look from the sides the depth of reflection is not as clear as the metal blades, they are a touch cloudier. But with both of these things you cant tell from a players position. Last thing, being really fussy, there is a thin white line visible along the top of the blade, but in reality you dont notice it.

Last point, if you are thinking of fitting these make sure you use the protectors from Pinball Center.

Cheers to Xianek for offering them and the great service!

Attachments

• 20200619_184305.jpg
    20200619_184305.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200619_184238.jpg
    20200619_184238.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200619_184256.jpg
    20200619_184256.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back