What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallica

I was considering upgrading the speakers in my Metallica...

Flipper Fidelity

Looked at this but the postage to the UK is a little shocking... Anybody dont a speak upgrade? is it worth is? whats the best options??

Taaaa
Simon

Not sure its worth upgrading a mono speaker. It's fairly old school technology

Don't know about Metallica but heard it in AC/DC and it's worth every penny! Was pretty surprised at how much difference it made. Pretty sure it was a Fidelity speaker but it might have been an active sub woofer thing.... what ever it was it ****in rocked:cool:

Is the fact that it's mono is really that big a deal? Given the size of a head on a pinball the speakers would be pretty close together so even with a Stereo system you wouldn't really be getting hi-fi! Kind of a midi system vs separates surely.

Anybody done a speak upgrade? is it worth is? whats the best options??

The general consensus seems to be replacing the cab speaker is worth it but the backbox speakers generally aren't (does depend on the game though). I recently swapped out the cab speaker in my SM for one from a car audio place (recommended in another post on here) and it's a nice improvement, only cost 20 quid :D

Don't know about Metallica but heard it in AC/DC and it's worth every penny! Was pretty surprised at how much difference it made. Pretty sure it was a Fidelity speaker but it might have been an active sub woofer thing.... what ever it was it ****in rocked:cool:

Is the fact that it's mono is really that big a deal? Given the size of a head on a pinball the speakers would be pretty close together so even with a Stereo system you wouldn't really be getting hi-fi! Kind of a midi system vs separates surely.

Perhaps not with the speakers, Woz through headphones is pretty cool in stereo though

I was considering upgrading the speakers in my Metallica...

Flipper Fidelity

Looked at this but the postage to the UK is a little shocking... Anybody dont a speak upgrade? is it worth is? whats the best options??

Taaaa
Simon

You can of course source components yourself and make your own speak upgrade package if price and international postage issues are something that concerns you.

I did my own speaker kit on my Indiana Jones and I believe that it sounds good enough compared to the likes of a pinball pro package, that it was well worth the 4x saving in price.

I think the kits are more suited to people who want to be able to install them with minimal fuss (someone else has done the groundwork on sourcing the components and making the adapters) for the frugal, give it a go yourself :)

would be less painfull than the frickin WOZ audion with headphones on!

Seen Metallica live a few times. Flew to Vegas to see AC/DC. I appreciate good music. I wouldn't choose to rock out to WOZ but the sound quality is easily the best of any machine ever released. That's a fact, regardless of your taste in music.

Seen Metallica live a few times. Flew to Vegas to see AC/DC. I appreciate good music. I wouldn't choose to rock out to WOZ but the sound quality is easily the best of any machine ever released. That's a fact, regardless of your taste in music.
Agree.
Would be good if JJP did a rock music pin. Guessing Hobbit will be good though.

Back
Top Bottom