What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallica

Cant wait for mop ,never thought i would spend this much on a pin.mm and sm went for it so i pray it is good.time will tell.vids look impressive,and most songs are god.needed blackened and rtl tho.artwork is great.will fit a shaker and better subwoofer too.also bought the speaker led kits from pinball toppers,the picsdont do them justice.looks great on my lotr

Just read this on the group

"From reading pinside I've seen a few concerns about the quality of the new Metallica machine. Some people have already reported wear around the sparky magnet so it might be worth mylaring that area.

Other things to look out for are the decal finish on the cabinet, specifically, bubbling. Someone has already managed to smash one of the standups leading up to the cross but one to beat no other, a Stanley blade fell out of Sparky during play.

I'm not hating on Stern, I would just hate to spend £6500 in a brand new machine and find playfield wear after just an hour of play.

Carl"

Shocking ain't it the price they charge and you get that kinda quality. Oddly enough I had some bazaar dream about buying a nib last night and that was wearing after a couple games

Put a few more games on it earlier .....really liking this game. Nice uncluttered layout, all shots feel good, rules are easily grasped and thankfully well communicated thru the DMD ( a particular pet hate of mine with recent Sterns .....too much WTF is going on, and not enough hit this shot now clearly indicated ). Good stuff Stern !

Oddly enough I had some bazaar dream about buying a nib last night and that was wearing after a couple games

Have you considered a career in fortune telling? I heard that Paul the Octopus has gone to Davey Jones' Locker, so there's an opening if you can repeat this feat.

Yeah it's completely different the song selection at the start is pretty much what background music you want playing, when you complete the stand ups and start master of puppets multiball then "master of puppets " kicks in... Same as when you complete the Metallica Ramps it starts justice for all, start electric chair and its creeping death, start snake it's sad but true etc etc you get the picture.
It works really well ,the integration of ACDC music though is much better..but then ACDC is close to being the most perfect game ever.

I've played a couple of music-based Pins and they seem to sit really well with me. Elvis and AC/DC are musically at opposite ends of the spectrum but I enjoyed playing both tables massively. I've not managed to get a game on a Metallica table yet. Really need to make an effort to get along to some of the shows I think.

I've played a couple of music-based Pins and they seem to sit really well with me. Elvis and AC/DC are musically at opposite ends of the spectrum but I enjoyed playing both tables massively. I've not managed to get a game on a Metallica table yet. Really need to make an effort to get along to some of the shows I think.

Tommy and Guns N Roses are both great also, and I actually think Sterns Rolling Stones gets an unfair thumbs down. Rock and pinball just go together so damn well !

Massive G'n'R fan here so it's on my list of Pins to try to seek out one day. Think it's one I want in the collection.

Tommy and Guns N Roses are both great also, and I actually think Sterns Rolling Stones gets an unfair thumbs down. Rock and pinball just go together so damn well !

Sure I played tommy years ago only once tho it was in a pub one week gone the next same with elvis

So there are some of these already over here in the uk? I thought electrocoin hadn't brought any across yet and was waiting on their first container in July, at least that's hat I took from when I spoke o them a couple weeks ago?

Discovered a Metallica on Saturday in the Las Vegas arcade near Picadilly Circus. It's a real bonus to play (1) a Pin with some good music playing along and (2) in top condition. Managed to get a replay on the first game which meant I was about 5 minutes from missing my train home. Worth a visit if you are in the area.

Waiting for big code update. Already a good game, hopefully finished code will make it great.

Poi, did you see the Hitler vid?
you would love it, loads of Metallica code refs

if not, search in here on 'Hitler'. there can't be more than a few dozen hitler pinball threads

Stern are pushing their luck at the moment. Metallica COULD be so good - if/when it gets finished. This long with no band member modes, no crank it up and no end of line:mad::mad:

Metallica now is like playing TAF with no tour the mansion, or TZ without LITZ.........crazy really but still hoping for the BIG update.

Last edited:
If Stern are going to stick to the business model of releasing games with half finished code and then taken an incredibly long time to finish them (if at all) then would it not make sense for them to release the code open source so that enthusiasts could collectively finish the code off / add extra modes and share it around on the interwebs. Look at some of the amazing home / community pinball code projects out there these days, like "Cactus Canyon Continued"

It would be interesting to get Stern's take on it. With the progress that the (Russian?) guy is making with Pinball Browser, you can already adjust the sounds/graphics/text, and there are very rudimentary capabilities for altering code.

I can imagine Stern will either crack down on that (by encrypting/hashing their ROMs), or, like you say - embrace it. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing/hearing what Lyman has to say at the Slam when he comes over! He's at a point now where he could probably retire from Stern and earn more money freelancing code updates (via Kickstarter or whatever).

I was considering upgrading the speakers in my Metallica...

Flipper Fidelity

Looked at this but the postage to the UK is a little shocking... Anybody dont a speak upgrade? is it worth is? whats the best options??

Taaaa
Simon

Back
Top Bottom