What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making a Rotisserie

Dunc

Registered
Hi all,

Does anyone have, or anyone know of, a guide to make one of these? I was thinking of making it out of wood, but not sure what parts to use at the ends? Is there a website that you can but the rotating parts from?

Cheers

Dunc

I used 2 fold away metal saw horses and 2 Stanley swivel vices worked a treat and pack away nicely and don't hurt the bank balance to much

This is an o/s job for me and lots of info in the forums here on different peoples setup including clothes rails, angle iron and similar - search for Rotisserie.

I like @RudeDogg1 approach though as those vices are useful for other tasks. I'm thinking you could make a couple of basic wooden supports (like you use to prop the machine when taking the legs off) and bolt on a couple of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-50mm-RE...H-TABLE-VICE-HOBBY-MODEL-MAKING-/231726343585

upload_2015-10-29_11-40-0.png

ah just found the video of yours @RudeDogg1 - I was thinking similarly of clamping some angle iron to the vice to distribute the weight. What I like about this approach is you're investing in useful stuff for other tasks.

Go for it @Julian. Even if you bought all the bits at B&Q it'd be less than twenty quid. Really though, any old scraps will do (find a nearby building job and rummage in the skip for wood and bits of metal).

cheers for all your replies people!

I've seen like a circular part on the home made rotisseries? at either end. Are you just using the vices you all have posted as parts?

Dunc

Yes look at my vid the vices has a ball joint which you can lock in place. That way you can flip the pf over and lock it off to work on, infact it can be locked off in any position

Now I've seen the rotating vice is gripping an angle iron brace (which makes sense) I'm going off the vice idea for use with home made wooden supports - you may as well just use a bolt and washers to provide the rotation point per @Nedreud budget model http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/simple-and-quick-rotisserie.13441/#post-77044. I like @RudeDogg1 approach where you need a couple of work horses anyway and just want to buy the stuff and clamp it all togethor.

After my visit to NLP I learned that Northern people have invented wooden supports to hold up the machine whilst attaching legs (which they kindly let me use) - I'm thinking the supports for each end of the rotisserie could serve this purpose too.

What was everyone else doing? Holding the machine up with one hand while frantically ratcheting legs on with the other before their back and/or legs give out under the strain?

What was everyone else doing? Holding the machine up with one hand while frantically ratcheting legs on with the other before their back and/or legs give out under the strain?

Yup!! :D

Back
Top Bottom