What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maiden Premium Newton ball issues

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
So my Maiden has an issue.

The little post underneath the Newton ball has literally snapped off the threaded bar part of the newton ball. I was changing it for the newer post - a simple 2minute unscrew and rescrew job! But this is a pinball job, so it takes 3weeks.

I can’t seem to be able to get a good purchase on the metal ring or ball to be able to unscrew the damn thing!

image.jpg

Is that loctite around it? If it's ballsed up anyway, a bit more pressure won't hurt it. As in localised pressure to the newton ball bar, say with a phillips head scredriver and a mallet.

Depending on what is exposed, 3 push up, 4 jimmy 8 down. I bet that was filled with loctite as above and your going to have to strength it out.

Is that loctite around it? If it's ballsed up anyway, a bit more pressure won't hurt it. As in localised pressure to the newton ball bar, say with a phillips head scredriver and a mallet.
whack it in the centre?

I don't think they came with Locktite 242 on them, but the one i've successfully changed over does now :)

Last edited:
Getting a grip on that topside ball is the ****er. I've wrapped it in electrical tape to try and stop slippage. Might need a bit more!

whack it in the centre?

I don't think they came with Locktite 242 on them, but the one i've successfully changed over does now :)

Yeah knocking the post up. Did you get it NIB? Pretty sure loctite was being mandated on Pinside... if you’ve changed it, guess you have sorted?

cut a slot in it with a Dremel with a cutting tool

get a heat gun or soldering iron and heat the bottom of it up this will kill the loctite if there is any.

then use a flat head screwdriver to unscrew it. You shouldn't need much purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
they didn't come with loctite but to get it to stay working the solution was to put it on the thread of the captive ball.

Yeah knocking the post up. Did you get it NIB? Pretty sure loctite was being mandated on Pinside... if you’ve changed it, guess you have sorted?
No, there are 2, the one down by the orb came off fine and replaced it easily. Added 2-4-2 to keep it on.

The mummy newton mech came apart with not much turning force.

I have a new ball and ‘ring’, so once I get this unscrewed I can rebuild it fairly quickly.

cut a slot in it with a Dremel with a cutting took

get a heat gun or soldering iron and heat the bottom of it up this will kill the loctite if there is any.

then use a flat head screwdriver to unscrew it. You shouldn't need much purchase.
Cut the slot where?

On the underside where the rest of the cam is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And they’re out... the little stubborn slippy metal bastards.

2 visegrips, 1 above around the ball, the other below slowly turning the circular metal piece.

Slow going. It was the Mummy target, which didn't help.

The orb target swap was a piece of **** compared with this.

365E1766-3E0E-407B-90D8-3C19D0A2579F.jpeg

Last edited:
And they’re out... the little stubborn slippy metal bastards.

2 visegrips, 1 above around the ball, the other below slowly turning the circular metal piece.

Slow going. It was the Mummy target, which didn't help.

The orb target swap was a piece of **** compared with this.

View attachment 120376
Pinball is easy :)...............................................................................................................................apparently..............................

Back
Top Bottom