Maiden Premium Newton ball issues

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorks.
Alias
Paul G
So my Maiden has an issue.

The little post underneath the Newton ball has literally snapped off the threaded bar part of the newton ball. I was changing it for the newer post - a simple 2minute unscrew and rescrew job! But this is a pinball job, so it takes 3weeks.

I can’t seem to be able to get a good purchase on the metal ring or ball to be able to unscrew the damn thing!

image.jpg

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
Alias
James
Is that loctite around it? If it's ballsed up anyway, a bit more pressure won't hurt it. As in localised pressure to the newton ball bar, say with a phillips head scredriver and a mallet.

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
Alias
James
Depending on what is exposed, 3 push up, 4 jimmy 8 down. I bet that was filled with loctite as above and your going to have to strength it out.

OP
Monkeyboypaul

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorks.
Alias
Paul G
Is that loctite around it? If it's ballsed up anyway, a bit more pressure won't hurt it. As in localised pressure to the newton ball bar, say with a phillips head scredriver and a mallet.
whack it in the centre?

I don't think they came with Locktite 242 on them, but the one i've successfully changed over does now :)

Last edited:

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
Alias
James
whack it in the centre?

I don't think they came with Locktite 242 on them, but the one i've successfully changed over does now :)

Yeah knocking the post up. Did you get it NIB? Pretty sure loctite was being mandated on Pinside... if you’ve changed it, guess you have sorted?

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
playpinball.uk
Alias
Neil McRae
cut a slot in it with a Dremel with a cutting tool

get a heat gun or soldering iron and heat the bottom of it up this will kill the loctite if there is any.

then use a flat head screwdriver to unscrew it. You shouldn't need much purchase.

Last edited:
OP
Monkeyboypaul

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorks.
Alias
Paul G
Yeah knocking the post up. Did you get it NIB? Pretty sure loctite was being mandated on Pinside... if you’ve changed it, guess you have sorted?
No, there are 2, the one down by the orb came off fine and replaced it easily. Added 2-4-2 to keep it on.

The mummy newton mech came apart with not much turning force.

I have a new ball and ‘ring’, so once I get this unscrewed I can rebuild it fairly quickly.

OP
Monkeyboypaul

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorks.
Alias
Paul G
And they’re out... the little stubborn slippy metal bastards.

2 visegrips, 1 above around the ball, the other below slowly turning the circular metal piece.

Slow going. It was the Mummy target, which didn't help.

The orb target swap was a piece of **** compared with this.

365E1766-3E0E-407B-90D8-3C19D0A2579F.jpeg

Last edited:

Sako-TRG

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
DG126TW
And they’re out... the little stubborn slippy metal bastards.

2 visegrips, 1 above around the ball, the other below slowly turning the circular metal piece.

Slow going. It was the Mummy target, which didn't help.

The orb target swap was a piece of **** compared with this.

View attachment 120376
Pinball is easy :)...............................................................................................................................apparently..............................