What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete LOTR "One Ring Edition" translated as "lets waste money and don't tell the wife edition" fitting lots of parts, mods, rubbers, and cleaning

I wouldn’t use them now after your experience 3 months no machine would do me in .useless and no compensation worth mentioning and all the stress and time you put into finding a replacement. 😡

I wouldn’t use them now after your experience 3 months no machine would do me in .useless and no compensation worth mentioning and all the stress and time you put into finding a replacement. 😡
I think Hermes is far worse, fedex and ups not sure how easy it is to book without a corporate account.
Yep stressful, annoying and expensive 😏

I was well compensated I got £11.49 from the post office 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 they sent it earlier in the week I was about to complain this weekend then the board turned up 🙄

I have now fixed all outstanding issues with the machine and its now playing perfectly. Plays like new.

Fixed:

1) Bottom pop bumper not working, after ordering a coil identified it was the soldiering that was a problem. Should have checked first *doh*. Re-soldiered working correctly.

2) fixed pop bumpers randomly activating due to machine vibrations. Adjusted the leaf connectors, they where too close together.

3) Fixed right slingshot sticking. Plastic too tight loosened the screws

4) Fixed right slingshot randomly firing. Adjusted the leaf connectors, they where too close together.

5) fixed problem with ball getting stuck in between left lane post and shire upkicker. Do not place the left lane post in the bottom hole. Moved to the middle.

Interesting feedback "perfect play" rubbers are indeed rubbish. This is after about 10 to 20 plays

PXL_20220507_095442797 (1).jpg

I have some stuff left to do, will start next month:

1) fit all mods

2) replace center Ramp

3) replace ramp flaps

4) re-plate rails. Thanks to @Matt Vince for offering to help when I met him at Pinball republic. His Medieval Madness looks amazing, rails have been redone and holding up great.

Afterglow revisited.

Must say amazing quality, not going to fit this until next weekend. As my brother coming to visit from England tomorrow and I don't want any pinball god disasters 😏😃 caused by me not the quality product.

Quick question I got these with my pinsound board.

PXL_20220611_102330697.jpg

PXL_20220611_102316584.jpg

Any one know where you can buy them from, I would like to use these to mount the afterglow board as it's required to be put in the back box.

Swallow Amusements have PCB standoffs similar to that but without the screws.

If you find ones with the screws I could do with some too!
Found them, contacted pinsound.

Thanks to @Replay for providing the plantir mod

Took me a while to fit, although if I had realised how easy and non intrusive it was I would have fitted it ages ago 😀

Although I will say it's nice to leave stuff for a bit and fit every so often keeps it interesting

Finally got round to fitting @stumbler afterglow board

Now working, mounted to the left of the Cabinet only thanks to the longer cable attachments.

Turned it off and on a couple of times and seems fine.

Ordered some Titan rubbers to fit.

PXL_20221129_125557202.jpg

Big thanks to @stumbler for providing amazing after service, espicailly with my earthing problems, the extra long adaptor cables worked :)

Back
Top Bottom