What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available LOTR - Lovely condition - £5k Lord of the Rings by Stern

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
Decided it's time for a game shuffle, so my gorgeous LOTR is on the chopping block.

Machine is located south of York, YO19 postcode. Martin is welcome, as are you. Ground floor location in external heated garage/office, so access & parking isn't difficult. Payment by BACs in advance of collection.

Details:
  • Non-skill post version.
  • HUO (undocumented, but obvious)
  • NVRAM - no batteries.
  • ColorDMD - LCD
  • Entire playfield is covered by a thin layer of film-like material, bit like Mylar but don’t think it is. Wasn't done by me so can't take credit, but it seems they comprehensively stripped everything and applied it over the top, then rebuilt the topside.
  • Jay’s palentir mod (big round eye thing near the balrog)
  • Tasteful Comet Warm White 2SMD frosted LEDs with LED OCD board and a GIzmo (GI flash softener) too. Some flashers are LEDs, others not.
  • Cabinet Metal work custom powder-coated in antique gold - looks well sexy (for an inanimate object).
  • Arcade upkeep backbox led panel (half home made, half product).
  • Couple of left lane mods from Australia.- metal rod and plastic ramp thing.
  • Got shire cliffy but not installed.
  • Cabinet’s lovely.
  • Speaker lights and ring inserts.
  • ROMs all ready for Shaker motor install.
Work done during my ownership: re-soldering a cracked joint on the Balrog relay board & replacing the ribbon cable between the CPU and power boards. Upgraded ROMs etc to enable a shaker install, but never got around to actually installing it. I have a 3rd party shaker you can have for £80.

Happy to take other photos on request.

IMG_6854.JPG
IMG_6853.JPG
IMG_6852.JPG
IMG_6851.JPG
IMG_6850.JPG
IMG_6849.JPG
IMG_6848.JPG
IMG_6847.JPG
IMG_6846.JPG
IMG_6845.JPG
IMG_6844.JPG
IMG_6843.JPG
IMG_6842.JPG
IMG_6841.JPG
IMG_6840.JPG
IMG_6839.JPG
IMG_6838.JPG
IMG_6837.JPG
IMG_6836.JPG
IMG_6835.JPG
IMG_6834.JPG
IMG_6833.JPG
IMG_6832.JPG
IMG_6831.JPG
IMG_6829.JPG
IMG_2323.JPG

Last edited:
A beautiful machine and most definitely on my hit-list. Alas a little too early in the year for me.

A beautiful machine and most definitely on my hit-list. Alas a little too early in the year for me.
well, a straight sale is preferred (for the space), so if you know a 'when' we can definitely talk.

Otherwise; games i'd like for trades include lovely examples of:
JM, MMr, TNA, RS, AC/DC PREM.... JP, DP, WOZ even.

Last edited:
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

By which i really mean there's been some trade offers on the table, but nothing i'm too keen on, so still for sale.

I'm not sure if you noticed, or if this is happening for everyone, but 5 of the pics in your original post just show a broken icon to me - I'm guessing they are the nice full machine pics too ;-)

I'm not sure if you noticed, or if this is happening for everyone, but 5 of the pics in your original post just show a broken icon to me - I'm guessing they are the nice full machine pics too ;-)

Curious.

It’s not happening for me on an iPhone, nor a PC with Chrome... What are you using?

There are 8 pics in the initial post, then another 2 afterwards. More to follow but I’ve been working away this week.

I might have to keep this now - my 5yr old just wiped the floor with me on it.

He’d like a JP, but for £9k he’s not getting one.

That powder coat looks so good. Wish mine had turned out at that level of quality, the only thing that survived the process on mine was the legs.

That powder coat looks so good. Wish mine had turned out at that level of quality, the only thing that survived the process on mine was the legs.
The one on your TZ (or was it Addam’s?) looked good, black with flecks in I think. What’s your issue with it? Other than the little metal bending incident which we won’t mention...

And yes, LOTR really stands out from the rest, colour and texture just suits the game so well - genuinely looks like the factory made it that way, or at least they really should’ve! Wish I could find a colour that suited TRON better too - I’m not a fan of the LE’s high-maintenance chrome-look. Lighter blue maybe. Even a plain off-white.

The one on your TZ (or was it Addam’s?) looked good, black with flecks in I think. What’s your issue with it? Other than the little metal bending incident which we won’t mention...

And yes, LOTR really stands out from the rest, colour and texture just suits the game so well - genuinely looks like the factory made it that way, or at least they really should’ve! Wish I could find a colour that suited TRON better too - I’m not a fan of the LE’s high-maintenance chrome-look. Lighter blue maybe. Even a plain off-white.
Yeah Addams. I just remembered the apron survived too.

The place I used bent the rest beyond repair, as you mentioned, so the rails, lockdown bar and glass channel were unusable. Wish I’d gone to someone like you’d used for this because it looks incredible.

And yeah Tron LE high gloss chrome is definitely high maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom