What's new

LOTR LE - Pinsound and loads of mods!

richk87

Registered
Hey,

Just thought I'd share my LOTR LE with its new Pinsound and speakers. Sounds amazing!

Had to do YouTube links as videos too large.

Hope you enjoy 🙂

Attachments

• 20211207_161344.jpg
    20211207_161344.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20211207_161331.jpg
    20211207_161331.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211207_161311.jpg
    20211207_161311.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20211207_161412.jpg
    20211207_161412.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211207_161356.jpg
    20211207_161356.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 42
Yea mate thanks!

The Wool mix on the Pinsound page was the issue. Some reason was only 177mb.

Downloaded it from Pinside and much better. 1.2GB.

Ive spent hours getting volumes of the Wool Mix right. A lot of music and callouts too loud out of the box.

Yea mate thanks!

The Wool mix on the Pinsound page was the issue. Some reason was only 177mb.

Downloaded it from Pinside and much better. 1.2GB.

Ive spent hours getting volumes of the Wool Mix right. A lot of music and callouts too loud out of the box.
Would you mind sharing that with me please?

Google Drive perhaps?

Many thanks, no rush, don't think my machine will be back on until next week.

That is gorgeous. The PinSound makes such a big difference.

I wish I could source the Path of the Dead mod, though. I've looked everywhere... :confused:

What specifically does it do?
Nothing 😜

You can't get it any more because they used licenced figures sold by wallmark or best buy in America that where intended for people's shelves. They basically took these and then mounted them on some plastic and added a light. I've seen the figures for sale sometimes but there stupidly expensive

Nothing 😜

You can't get it any more because they used licenced figures sold by wallmark or best buy in America that where intended for people's shelves. They basically took these and then mounted them on some plastic and added a light. I've seen the figures for sale sometimes but there stupidly expensive
It's a pretty cool looking mod, I also did try and get it but I'm not paying £400 for some clear plastic path of the dead kings and then more money and time to get it going 😃

I bought a handmade sword handle instead "lol"

Nothing 😜

Yeah. My plan was to try to get the figures, and then fit the lights and stuff myself, but I haven't seen the boxed figures anywhere. The Path of the Dead looks a bit rubbish without it... :(

[But I'm also the person who has spent £400 on parts for a Fish Tales topper I have to assemble myself... cough].

Yeah. My plan was to try to get the figures, and then fit the lights and stuff myself, but I haven't seen the boxed figures anywhere. The Path of the Dead looks a bit rubbish without it... :(

[But I'm also the person who has spent £400 on parts for a Fish Tales topper I have to assemble myself... cough].
Have you tried Amazon, I saw them on there via their partner sale.

😃 I've spent a fortune on mine, just waiting for the next fed ex delivery "lol"

Funnily enough I've got one here.

I think I spent £150 on 6 figures and mounted them myself (not in a sexual way).

They do become available occasionally but it's a cheap discontinued toy that's rare and sought-after.

20211208_110926.jpg

Wow that is totally amazing, didn’t even know there was an LE (Noob). That’s about the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen and sounds incredible! 👍

Always fancied a LOTR in my collection. Looks like this is the one!

What's your addy and I'll arrange Martin to come and collect?

Wow that is totally amazing, didn’t even know there was an LE (Noob). That’s about the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen and sounds incredible! 👍
The sound you can have on any machine, the LE didn't come with it, its a mod bought from here:

It's great for older machines.

The LE theres not much difference between the orginal, from memory the difference are:

Embossed Gold translight (back box picture)

Gold side rails and legs

enahanced fellowship mode, you get a cave troll, but this is on almost all the normal editions as long as they have updated the rom (which is easily done)

Different motherboard (CPU) I think prototype (in wild) spike

Shaker motor (comes with pinsound pack if you need)

richk87 machine is impressive, however most of the stuff are mods, many of which are now unavailable, some money was spent on it :) its not part of the LE. (Just in case you you where searching for one and expected the same)​

Some things you missed from the LE:

Double layer of clear coat
Signed playfield
LE certificate and plaque
The translite is actually a real backglass.
Enhanced sound card.

But you are right a lot of money has gone into extra mods on my game 🙂🍺

Some things you missed from the LE:

Double layer of clear coat
Signed playfield
LE certificate and plaque
The translite is actually a real backglass.
Enhanced sound card.

But you are right a lot of money has gone into extra mods on my game 🙂🍺
appologies :)

I thought it was signed and had a plaque and certificate but wasn't 100% sure

translite I knew that it was glass (old school) bit of a typo

I beleive the sound is high KB rate than the original, probably due to the spike board, but if he was thinking yours was the same as an LE he might find thats incorrect :) and would be very disapointed

Money well spent :) or not depending on who your speaking to *lol* wife says no, pinball forum says yes

Any ideas how you get that done?
You can buy them here

They do deliver to the UK, I bought my replacement ring from them.

I can't get a set because they have the lolipop flipper covers and I use the UK skill buttons

Plating here

I would also be grateful if you could let me have a copy of you're modded wool file, I know what you mean about the volume issues. Happy to make a donation to the forum for it.

What a superb example and love the pinsound. Played one a few months ago and the only thing I felt it was lacking was in the sound / audio quality department.

Back
Top Bottom